• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Emily Rogers- "Breath of the Wild Will Not Be Released in March"

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
So, Emily Rogers, a person who has thus far gotten every single thing correct about the Switch, recently released an article post.
https://arcadegirl64.wordpress.com/...th-of-the-wild-will-not-be-released-in-march/
It details that localization for this game is not running as smoothly as they would have liked.... And that the localization will only finish in December...

This means that Breath of the Wild, will likely release in the summer.

Technically this isn't a delay, because Nintendo never said a release date for Breath of the Wild..... But if this is true, I am certainly disappointed... That 3D Mario game had better be the best thing ever if I want to get it for launch.. However, we will know for sure in January whether this holds light.

BoxTar

i got bored and posted something
I'm going to kill Nintendo.

I know. Be patient. I've been patient. First it was supposed to come to the Wii U sometime in 2015. Then they pushed it back to December 2016. It stung, but ok. Then they pushed it back AGAIN to March 2017, to release side by side with the Switch. And now it might not even make that deadline?

I've run out of patience. I'm so ****ing sick of this ****. This better be one of the best goddamn Zelda games of all time, I swear to ****ing God.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
I'm going to kill Nintendo.

I know. Be patient. I've been patient. First it was supposed to come to the Wii U sometime in 2015. Then they pushed it back to December 2016. It stung, but ok. Then they pushed it back AGAIN to March 2016, to release side by side with the Switch. And now it might not even make that deadline?

I've run out of patience. I'm so ****ing sick of this ****. This better be one of the best goddamn Zelda games of all time, I swear to ****ing God.
Nintendo never gave a deadline of March 2017... Just so you know. They never had a March release date for Breath of the Wild.

BoxTar

Nintendo never gave a deadline of March 2017... Just so you know. They never had a March release date for Breath of the Wild.

Well that's not what I heard. Regardless if it was speculation or not, this is still ultimately frustrating for other various reasons than just this.

Nicolai

The beast that dwells within the Shoutbox
I kinda expected this, though I thought it for the wrong reasons. I figured their plan was to delay it till November and dominate the holiday season. I also assumed this game was done a while ago, and they were just delaying it for a simultaneous release on the Switch. Either that isn't true, and it really did take them up until now to start localization, or Nintendo must have a ton of launch games, and they had so much that they needed to stagger releases. Honestly, I don't know which is the likelier scenario.

el :BeoWolf:

When all else fails use fire
latest

Nicolai

The beast that dwells within the Shoutbox
Well that's not what I heard. Regardless if it was speculation or not, this is still ultimately frustrating for other various reasons than just this.
I remember it this way. I think there may have been a segment of Nintendo's website that said March that was taken down after a few hours, but the press release itself said 2017 vaguely.

BoxTar

I remember it this way. I think there may have been a segment of Nintendo's website that said March that was taken down after a few hours, but the press release itself said 2017 vaguely.

Yeah, I distinctly remember a tweet that NoA made that said "expect it in March 2017", or something to that degree. I can't find it now, as it was a while ago and was likely taken down as you said. But still. Severely misleading.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
Yeah, I distinctly remember a tweet that NoA made that said "expect it in March 2017", or something to that degree. I can't find it now, as it was a while ago and was likely taken down as you said. But still. Severely misleading.
No that wasn't officially Nintendo.

A retailer listed the date for Breath of the Wild in March 2017 and that was quickly taken down.

Nintendo never officially said anything about Breath of the Wild's release date besides 2017.

BoxTar

No that wasn't officially Nintendo.

A retailer listed the date for Breath of the Wild in March 2017 and that was quickly taken down.

Nintendo never officially said anything about Breath of the Wild's release date besides 2017.

Pretty sure it was NoA's twitter, but its been a while so idk. Was a really official looking pic and everything. Wish I could find it.

BoxTar

Alright, so I found the tweet I was looking for from NoA. I'll admit its a bit vague and never said explicitly March 2017, but I think them saying "it will launch simutaneously on Wii U and NX in 2017" confused me a bit. I think a lot of people, including myself, assumed they meant it was a launch title, even if there wasn't technically anything there saying that it will be. I got unintentionally mislead, if anything else.

https://twitter.com/nintendoamerica/status/725224978984083456

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom