• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Art Ember Wolves

Zelda-Rocks

The King of all Rocks
Here is yet another book i'm writing.

Ember Wolves

By Elijah Boyd

Chapter 1
The Choosing

“Time to get up, Cade!” Mother called into my room. I groaned. It was much too early to get up! But then I remembered what today was. Today was the Choosing. The Choosing only happened once a year. On the day of the Choosing, every pup in the village that could walk, howl elemental songs, and talk telepathically went to the alpha’s den. Then the alpha male brought the Choosing Gem out of a hidden room, and then placed it on the floor. When the gem was placed on the floor, the alpha female said the names of all the pups there, in alphabetical order. When the pups name is called the pup walks up to the Choosing Gem. Then the Choosing Gem glows and an Elemental Stone comes out of the Choosing Gem. The Elemental Stone attaches itself to the pup’s forehead. When the gem is attached the pup immediately performs the element’s signature move. Each Element Stone has different powers:
Lightning, Fire, Psychic, Darkness, Aqua and Earth.
I wanted Fire. I crawled out of the pile of blankets that I slept in and walked into the main room. My older brother (lightning power), my younger sister (to young to be Chosen) and my dad (who was lying on the floor)
were still asleep. My mom was cooking some fish with a fireball. “You better hurry Cade. You don’t want to be late.” My mom said.
“Okay.” I answered. I walked past my dad and out the door of our den. You could see the red moon rising over the volcano. I am a member of Ember Pack, one of the three packs of wolves on this continent. Our pack lives at the base of Egdan Volcano. The Aqua Pack lives around Egdan Lake. And the Cannibal Pack lives in the Obsidian Mountains.
“Hi Cade.” Said my best friend, a burly, brown and gray wolf named Druantia.
“You know, I can talk telepathically, so you don’t have to say everything out loud.”
He frowned. Fine. It’s just I’m not very goodat talking telapaficly.
You should practice more
Oh look, here comes Moongem.
Moongem is a pearly white female wolf, my other best friend.
Hi guys, Moongem walked up to us. What power do you guys want?
I grinned. Fire! That’s what I want! How cool would it be to be completely heat-proof and be able to breathe fire?
Pretty cool but wat aboat Earth? You can dig, you get super sharp claws and you are super strong! Thought Druantia.
Personally, I want Psychic. With Psychic power you can lift objects with your mind and read other’s thoughts. Moongem thought.
Look who it is I thought.
A pure black wolf just crawled out of his den.
Delgar, Moongem thought with a scowl.
Delgar used to be in the Cannibal Pack, with his mom and dad. He is a total jerk. He stole meat from young wolves, he said rude things to everyone and he gets away with it all because of his parents.
I think I know what power he wants, Druantia thought.
Shadow, of course. I thought.
He glared at us for a second, and then started running.
He doesn’t want to be next to us, I thought.
Ya think? Moongem thought
As we continued walking towards the alpha’s den, we saw a few other wolves going to be chosen.
Look, there’s Ungal and his twin sister, Nadil. Thought Druantia. They were two honey-gold colored wolves that lived next to Druantia.
Hi Moongem, hi Cade, and hi Druantia! Thought Nadil.
Hi! All three of us answered.
Oh and there’s Hajill, I thought. She was a red- gray wolf who was missing a paw.
Hi Cade, She thought. Hello Druantia, Moongem, good morning!
Good morning! We replied. We were almost to the alpha’s den. When we got there we all went inside. The floor of the den was covered with blankets and rugs. Me and my friends sat down as far away from Delgar as possible.
Good morning pups, the alpha male, Cylis, said. Momu is fetching the Choosing Gem. She will be back momentarily. We all nodded. After a few minutes Momu, the alpha female, came back with the Choosing Gem in her mouth. It was about 2 feet tall and 4 inches wide. It kept changing colors. Red, blue, black, yellow, purple and brown, all at once.
Would Cade step forward? Momu thought. I walked forward towards the Gem. Wait… Momu thought. The Gem is deciding.
The Gem turned brown, then blue, finally stopping on red, the color of Fire. A bit of the gem shaped like a flame broke off and floated towards my forehead. It stopped about an inch away from my head. Then it attached itself to my forehead. I howled in pain. It felt like my whole body was burning! Then I realized that my body wasn’t burning. I was breathing Fire! I closed my mouth and the fire went out. I howled the flame song and all my fur caught fire! But I didn’t feel anything! All the other pups backed away because it was so hot.
Cade! Cade, stop! Cylis thought. I stopped howling and the fire went out.
Cade, you must be careful. That was the most impressive display of Fire I have ever seen a pup perform. You are extremely powerful.
I grinned. I got Fire! Cade, you may sit down. Momu thought. I went back to my spot.
Next, may Delgar come up, please? Momu thought.
Delgar walked to the center of the room. The Choosing Gem turned black instantly. A piece of the gem shaped like a upside-down half moon broke off and flew straight at Delgar’s head. When it attached itself to his head. He howled in pain. Serves you right, I thought. Then the room became so dark you could feel the darkness. Then small purple lights appeared and flew at everybody. I charred a few with my Firepower, but one hit Nadil. Delgar! Delgar stop this second. Cylis thought. Delgar continued to shot balls of darkness at everyone. Cylis’ eyes glowed yellow and lightning shot out of them at Delgar, electrocuting him. That’s enough! Cylis thought angrily. Momu, take him back to his den!
Momu dragged the twitching Delgar away. Now would Druantia step forward? Cylis asked. Druantia nervously walked towards the gem. It turned black, then blue, and then stopped on brown. A bit of the gem broke off in the shape of a boulder and floated towards his head. When it attached itself to him, while he howled in pain, his claws grew at least 6 inches longer! His coat slowly turned browner. Huge rocks appeared out of nowhere and surrounded him. Then the rocks began to rotate around him, slowly at first, then faster, and faster until all you could see was a blur of brown. Druantia, stop. Cylis thought. The rocks stopped rotating and fell to the floor. Druantia stood in the middle of them, smiling. You may sit down, Druantia. He went back to his place next to me. Next, would Nadil please come forth? Thought Cylis. Nadil walked forward on shaky legs. The gem turned purple, then red, and then stopped on blue. A bit of the gem shaped like a drop of water broke off, and floated towards Nadil. When it attached itself to her, she winced, but to everyone’s amazement, didn’t howl in pain.

F

Firebabe.103

It has a good start to it, I'd like to see it evolve into another chapter. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom