• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Embarrassing But True

Does anyone like any music that is embarrassing to listen around your friends yet you love the/thier song(s)?

Mine is Taylor Swift <3
My favorite songs from her is You Belong With Me and Love Story. I think that taylor swift has an amazing voice but with me listening to taylor swift is just wierd. You'd never expect it from me if you knew who i am.

(and fyi i checked and there isnt any other post like this one:P)

DisappearingMist

Mrs. Caleb
I like tons of music that I wouldn't admit to my friends. Avril Lavigne, Taylor Swift, Aqua, some Britney Spears, etc. None of those artists or groups are "hip" really, but I still enjoy them sometimes, if for the simple "guilty pleasure" of it.

Taylor Swift's pretty good. I like Love Story. And Avril Lavigne's first album, Let Go, is fantastic. I have Aqua's first album, but it's been ages since I've listened to it. I'll admit, it is very catchy and really makes you want to dance along.

But my guilty pleasure would be J-pop/J-rock. Yeah, I don't understand what they're saying, but the music is awesome (to me, anyway). And since I'm learning Japanese, I will be able to fully understand it once I become fluent.

Other guilty pleasures include Nickelback, songs with really cheesy lyrics like some pop songs (I guess I listen more to the music than I do to the lyrics), and Linkin Park and Simple Plan around my brother (who views them as whiny emo [poop]).

Smitie

The Dutch Kusagari
It sounds a bit stupid on a forum like this, but I find listening to zelda music quite embarrasing. My friends already think zelda games are goofy, so telling them I listen to zelda music isn't a very good idea :(

Other than that I listen to 80's and 90's music which can be seen as old fashioned.

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
Hmm....Lets see....I have over 15 hours of Game Music on my iPod. That's about 5/8 of my iPod. Then, 3/4 of my iPod consists of orchestrations (Movie). Other than that, I have Shinedown, Queen, and a few others. Apparantly, nobody really likes the selection in my iPod (Unless it is for one of my friends who started a game music band). I don't get embarrassed by listening to the music, but some people find it degrading.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
I Listen to TONS of Gaming music, Castlevania music, Final Fantasy Music, metroid music, Zelda music(of course) and, even pokémon music.
I also have some britney spears and lady gaga and stuff music on my MP3..

I listen to everykind of music(except folk and country and stuff like that), but some people don't understand that

arkvoodle

Diabolical
I love game music...I mostly listen to Zelda music..Super paper mario music...and even...as well as Skull Kid...Pokemon music! I find game music addicting, yet my friends hate it...I don't enjoy most modern songs (the ones that have the beat Dun dun dund dun) But i still enjoy classical music..and most other types.
Most of my friends would find it socially degrading to listen to video game music. But once..i heard one of them humming a game song during school! I told them i heard them ...and they where so embarassed! :lol:

DisappearingMist

Mrs. Caleb
But my guilty pleasure would be J-pop/J-rock. Yeah, I don't understand what they're saying, but the music is awesome (to me, anyway). And since I'm learning Japanese, I will be able to fully understand it once I become fluent.

Other guilty pleasures include Nickelback, songs with really cheesy lyrics like some pop songs (I guess I listen more to the music than I do to the lyrics), and Linkin Park and Simple Plan around my brother (who views them as whiny emo [poop]).

Caleb and I love listening to music from animes! And J-Pop. They are extremely catchy songs! That is awesome about learning Japanese. I'm jealous :)

I definitely hear you on Nickelback and Link Park. I enjoy listening to them every so often, but most people I know can't stand them anymore.

Immortal_One

Math is power.
I'm notorious for hiding my taste for terrible music from my friends xD
Like a lot of us here, I listen to some music from games, namely Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Metal Gear Solid III and Twilight Princess.
As for bands I'm embarrassed to say I like, Children of Bodom, A Day To Remember, Killswitch Engage, Madina Lake, Maroon 5 and Unearth are a few of my guilty pleasures :)

Last edited by a moderator:

midnightokami

Can I has cheese burger?
I listen to a lot of music my friends don't like. Most of them are girl so they listen to pop/barbie girl music. But I listen to some metal and mostly rock. (three days grace, linkin park, metallica, my chemical romance etc I have very bad taste in music :P) I am kind of embarrassed when they ask what song I'm listening to in front of their friends... But Its okay to be yourself so I just say the song! LOL...

Shnappy

derp
I'm a little embarrassed to admit that I like many different types as metal, including death metal. Almost everyone of my friends thinks that metal sounds like complete crap with no musical talent... I guess that's the way I feel about what they listen to, rap. But I don't think that your taste in music makes you a good or bad person. It's just what you're interested and what your opinion is.

G

goronslikefire

I have a song from Pokemon called the time has come (Pikachus Goodbye), that my friends would bug me about so much if they heard it, and Don't Go Breaking My Heart, the original version with Elton John, but my friends have heard that on my iPod and make fun of me for it

UsayEldaZay

Designed with you in mind
I know what you mean, when you say 'if you knew me'. My music doesnt match my personality at all. Then again, I dont follow any genre specifically whatsoever. Im like a hip hop, game music, screamo, classic rock, reggea, rap, orchestra loving person haha. Im a freeeakkk when it comes to Frank Sinatra or Aerosmith and it bugs my friends that I listen to the Kingdom Hearts theme song over and over until I fall asleep haha :P But I think its better to have a wide range of music. Taylor Swift is one of my favorites too(: Such a pretty voice, with pretty lyrics to match.

Twili Kid

Many pointless questions
You guys remind me of myself, but less embarassing. I love game music i listen to it even thought I don't know what games its from. I really like all music (with some exceptions.) and the only time I was really embarrassed was when I was found singing and dancing to it. I was dancing and singing to sarias song, I was fine until my friend caught me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom