• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Embarassing Situations and Goofs

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
Forgive me if this is already a thread.

Have you ever done anything (or multiple things) in the Zelda games that made you want to facepalm yourself?

Tonight, I was futzing around in Wind Waker. This is doubly-shameful because I've played the game before (it's just been a while). Apparently, I forgot some things since I last played. Makar is a tiny little thing. I went to Forest Haven to awaken the little wood-person to his destiny as a Sage and then set off in the boat for the Wind Temple. When I got partway there, I looked around and thought "Where's Makar?" I looked all over, then went back to Forest Haven wondering if I'd forgotten him. I kept hearing his little gentle chiming but couldn't find him. Finally, I saw him...

Resting on the head of the King of the Red Lions.

There all along.

Ever do anything dumb like that in a game?

~SkullKid~

~Mazuke~
Yeah, I was doing a three heart run and got the heart piece at the end of the boss (2nd dungeon) and I had to start all over again.

Hero_in_Green

Hero of Time
LMAO! i did something similar except i went to him and started playing the song to awaken him but i didnt work. I think I had to go to the wind temple beforehand lol

Draymorath

Destroyer of Destruction
Lol. Yay! It's funny story time! K, so I was playing OoT at my friends house (cuz I don't own the game) and I was really sucking cuz I've never been good with the 64 controllers. So I get to the Forest Temple, past the room with the Wallmaster. After running back and forth for awhile cuz I was stuck, my friend is like "Here, give me the controller." So I did. He was running through the room with the Wallmaster, trying to avoid it. Then, when it was about to drop down, he rolled...and smacked headfirst into a chest, fell backward, stunned, and was grabbed by the Wallmaster.....I nearly died laughing. XD
Wallmaster.png

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
I did the OoT Bottle Glitch on Bombchus and couldn't beat the game because of the one room in Ganon's Tower and did this while doing my 1st 3 Heart Run of OoT.

T

themaddoughnut

the first time i played TP i was stuck for so long on the forest temple when you have to get the big key. i could not figure out the combination of twirley pillar thingies to make spin little did i know that the answer was right here links feet were.:S

Last edited by a moderator:

Myriadviper42

Fulcrum Agent
Well, let's see......

Well, there's the time in PH that in the Temple of the Ocean King, I accidently used the small key on that one side door, so I couldn't move on. I ended up not saving the game, and it was all right.
Then there was the time in TP, when you face King Bulbin on the Bridge of Eldin, I could not hit him. I thought I needed the Hawkeye, but I could not hit him. Then I realized that I could Z-target when he got closer.

MW7

I have done one Zelda speedrun in my life, and it was on OOT. I had just left Kokiri Forest to head to Hyrule Castle for the first time and was feeling confident. I was backwalking to the bridge leading to Hyrule Castle Market but misjudged where I was headed exactly and fell into the moat. What made it a ton worse was that night fell by the time I got out of the water so I had to wait a whole night cycle. Perfect start to my speedrun!

unknown

._.. .. _. _._ morse code
I was playing tp on a speed run and hadn't played the wii version, only the gc, and I made so many mistakes due to the mirror that my first run ended up being faster than my speed run on wii.

CelticMagician

Phantom of Time
Oh, I've done a number of face-palm worthy things in Zelda games, but I think my most notable one happened in one of my early runs of Ocarina of time.

I had the nasty little habit of pestering cuccos while riding Epona at Lon Lon Ranch at the time, since they couldn't reach me while I was on the mare you see and I found it funny. Well, one day while I was just exploring the ranch (I honestly forget why because it happened several years ago...more than likely me just fooling around though), I rolled into one of the cuccos or something....anyway, whatever I did, I accidentally caused damage to the chicken, and of course, since I had been pestering them non-stop, the scene before the massive cucco attack played instantly.

Now at this point, I panicked. I knew I had to get out of there and fast, but instead of doing the logical thing and booking it out of the ranch entirely, I made for the door which led into the building where Ingo sleeps when you're an adult. Unfortunately for me, the cuccos on the bottom level had at me as soon as I got in there...and I died a horrible, chicken-related death. :facepalm:

Needless to say. Worst experience with cuccos ever.

Kappa

Black Cat Royalty
the first time i played TP i was stuck for so long on the forest temple when you have to get the big key. i could not figure out the combination of twirley boomerang thingies to make spin little did i know that the answer was right where links feet were.:S

Yay! I'm not alone! This was totally my epic facepalm moment. I then realized well, in WW, there were combos of things you had to hit in a certain order with the boomerang, so I thought, well, so what order do I hit the windmills? Look around, look around, at the ground....are you kidding me? How the HECK did I miss THAT?!?:facepalm:

Also, lately in SS (somewhatly a spoiler, not really though, unless you've never seen a skull...you know what finishes that) I slapped the skulltulla to spin him around with my sword. Then I use my shield (what a piece of junk. I don't have enough monster claws to upgrade, though) to repel it. Then I hit it with my slingshot (usually not fast enough, but hey, whatever.) and it stuns it. Then I try to stab it, but usually I miss and send the skulltula swinging again. Then I finally pull the same trick. Except, I run out of seeds for my slingshot. And I try to stab it right in the center more or less. And I miss, and the whole thing starts over again. Except, this time, my shield breaks! How lucky am I! And I'm stuck doing this simply with a sword. And I miss. And the skulltulla continues to ram into me, sending me flying repeadtedly. Fail. XD

SavageWizzrobe

Eating Link since 1987
I had a really awesome facepalm moment in the Arbiter's Grounds of Twilight Princess. It was in one of the rooms where you have to raise a chandelier with a chain. I spent about an hour trying to find a way to get to a door that was barely out of reach; I looked for Clawshot targets or platforms to get to the door. Then, when all that failed, I let the chandelier crush me...it turns out that that was how to get to the door all along! I felt even worse when I saw the obvious depression in the floor where you stand when the chandelier is coming down! :facepalm:

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
Another one of my facepalm moments I know I've cited before somewhere on this site - just a pure comedy gold moment. It happened a long time ago, too! Like, two years ago and I still remember this tidbit.

I was playing Twilight Princess and was on that ledge above Eldin Spring that you get to by bombing a rock. I was thinking of diving into the water for some reason, then remembered I wanted to go mess with the bee nest in the graveyard to get some bait for fishing in the spring or something. I turned around too quickly, nudged the Gamecube controls wrong and sent Link off the lip of the cliff. Link, doing what he's programmed to do in proximity to water, goes into a perfect swan-dive.

Right into a rock. CRACK!

It was hilarious.

MikauIncarnate

Hero of the Zora
Also, lately in SS (somewhatly a spoiler, not really though, unless you've never seen a skull...you know what finishes that) I slapped the skulltulla to spin him around with my sword. Then I use my shield (what a piece of junk. I don't have enough monster claws to upgrade, though) to repel it. Then I hit it with my slingshot (usually not fast enough, but hey, whatever.) and it stuns it. Then I try to stab it, but usually I miss and send the skulltula swinging again. Then I finally pull the same trick. Except, I run out of seeds for my slingshot. And I try to stab it right in the center more or less. And I miss, and the whole thing starts over again. Except, this time, my shield breaks! How lucky am I! And I'm stuck doing this simply with a sword. And I miss. And the skulltulla continues to ram into me, sending me flying repeadtedly. Fail. XD

This is exactly what I do. For some reason, every time I'm actually battling one, I can't stab at all. Yet when I practice on something else, it's the easiest thing in the world. :(

Taggerung115

Warrior

I know what you mean. Same here.

Also, that pig you catch at the beginning of WW grows. Bigger than Link. Much bigger. I made it angry and managed to get myself backed into a corner. I had nowhere to go. I was killed.

It's one thing to be killed by the pig version of Ganon. But to be slain by a huge farmyard pig is well,...a giant Fail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom