• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Embarassing Gaming Habits

donkey kong

Juicy pants.
I do the same as donkey kong. But I usually say "were going to" and "there it is". I also say "crap, crap, crap." and since i'm playing Super Mario Sunshine, when I have enough blue coins I say "we can afford a shine!"

I didn't say it clearly but I meant stuff like, "first you go to gerudo fortress to get to the Spirit Temple. then you go in the temple you have to walk out and you'll meet Sheik." thats what I meant.

Swearing, not saving.
Sometimes in games with cheap deaths like CoD single player on veteran, I go on a swearing rampage, and nearly destroy my console.

"What? No! NO! NOOOOOO! FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-"

Do you have any? C'mon, I promise I won't laugh (too much), whatever they are. And just to give some confidence, I'll go first:

I swear, a lot. I swear when I win, when I lose, when I finally get a perfect run, when an enemy hits me, I swear when I hit an enemy, I swear when the pad doesn't work and when it DOES work. You get it.

And as a side note, if there is already a thread EXACTLY like this, and you happen to be a mod, please close it as I don't want to clutter the index.
My habit is similar to that. Whenever I'm having a tough time in a dungeon or in the overworld, I usually let slip a few words that SOUND like swear words, but I don't actually say swear words. For example: well, I don't know if I should say them.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I swear a lot, yeah, and one really ridiculous habit of mine is - no matter what game I'm playing, I'll always pretend like the player is Link. Like, once I was playing Call of Duty:Black Ops, and I was thinking 'Link vs Terrorists' or something like that. Oh, another one is I'll yell at the TV and punch it whenever I lose. A good time that happened was when I was playing Star Ocean 3 a couple months ago, I was playing on 4D (highest difficulty) and finally leveled Fayt to 42 on Disc 1 (getting that high on D1 is a PAIN). I went into a dungeon without doing any item creation so my weapons were extremely weak, and I did a pretty bad screw up and died. I yelled, cursed the TV out, then punched it. :rolleyes:

Dr3W21

shoegaze girl
I screw around a lot. A good example: I like to strum as fast as possible on Guitar Hero after the song is over, and see how low I can get the "Rock" meter before it ends. One time, I decided to play GHIII from the very beginning (start a new save file). Well, I forgot how sucky the first few songs on that game were. I suffered through the first setlist, and the made it to the Encore. I was thinking, "Well, this song must be better than the other four, right?". Wrong. It was "Rock and Roll all Night" by KISS. I was ultimately depressed. Anyway, during the solos, I was kinda failing (I wasn't trying too much) and I, out of habit, did the hyper-strum thing. Guess what, it made me fail the song. AFTER IT WAS ALREADY FREAKING OVER!!!!! WHY!? :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: I was really, really, really, really mad. I, left with little other options, decided to play the song again. I've learned my lesson lol.

I also get stuck with my gaming mind associated one way a lot. I have two examples for this one. One time, me and my friend (ZD username: ERROR) were talking about how future Zeldas should have musical instruments. I then said "I don't really care for the Wind Waker all that much" (I was referring to the instrument, not the game), and I said "you know, like, as a gun." :facepalm: That's me being stuck in FPS talk.
Another time, I was playing Paper Mario, and there was a scene with Princess Peach in it. I don't remember exactly what I said, but I remember accidentally referred to her as "Zelda". :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Dark Princess

Weeaboo :D
Sometimes when I'm reading the text, I'll read it outloud (family in the room, too). I know that doesn't sound too bad, but sometimes I'll even do it in a voice that matches the character... Ugh. I'm sadly great at embarrassing myself while playing video games. I also have the horrible habit of thinking something and singing it in the tune of whatever song is in my head at the time. I'm awesome. >_>;

PK Love Omega

PK Flash's Good Twin
^^ I was playing Earthbound before, I realized I didn't save, and I shouted, "Nooo! I am such an idiot!

And everyone looked at me as if to say: Wth?

I used to get extremely mad at games that my brother would beat me in when we were younger. Like when we were playing Goldeneye 007 on out N64, he would always sneak up on me. I got so mad that I broke an N64 controller or two. Now all I do is swear rapidly if no one's around.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
Whenever I get frustrated without myself during a game I either hit myself in the thigh, pinch myself or I yell at the game (or at the very least swear and call it names, lol)

I often play video games, holding the game controller behind my head while sitting in a fetal position. I get "uncharacteristically" loud and macho when I play Fighting games, despite being typically an introverted, quiet loner. In addition, while I am typically a neat-freak, I can usually get pretty messy with snacks when I play Adventure or RPG games.

I almost forgot. When I play the Wii, I hold the Wii-Mote with my left and, despite being right-handed. I'm also very stiff and robotic when using the motion controls, and I usually sit down instead of standing up. :yes:

Last edited by a moderator:
I found another habit I have. I figure out how to work with a nunchuck and wiimote while being left-handed! So I find it hard to play games like TP, Wii sports and others. I also get so addicted to a game, I play it non-stop like I had with WW, MM, Super Mario Sunshine, and one time, Luigi's mansion. I got so addicted to Luigi's Mansion, I beat twice in one day.:xd:
Another one is that I curse under my breath. I'm like "Stupid *****, **** you." I only do it when I get beyond angry with a game though.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom