• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Embarassing Gaming Habits

i have a few...

1) i become a HUGE showoff while playing (even if there's no one around), which leads to many embarrassing losses.
2)i tend to swear when things don't go my way in games.
3) i apparently become a kleptomaniac and have to collect EVERYTHING i possibly can.
4) i guess my inner sadism shows itself when i play my games, i laugh maniaclly in my head and say things like "DIE, DIE, DIE!!!" while i find satisfaction in killing enemies.

, More habits, I do go through the stages of Gaming Grief descripted above, and I have literally done everything on the list up to "Level 8" Another thing I do, is I always have to do little things in games. For example, in Super Mario Galaxy 2, I always have to do a Long jump, homing ground pound combo whenever I am on Starship mario to reach the button, or on Spirit Tracks, go Toot TOOOOoooOOOOT wwith the whistle everytime I start. Also, one annoying habit my brother does, he swears worse then a sailor for making the tiniest mistake. He accidentally mistimes one jump and he has to go back 5 seconds worth of platforms "**** ***** ***** ****"

i attempt to attack NPC's knowing that the game won't let me most of the time

*EDIT* two more i forgot to mention 1. whenever i play a game where i'm given the chance to name my character in a game i always name him after a Sonic character, and 2. whenever i play games where you can deliver damage to a partner of yours, (Star Fox 64, MGS4, ect.) i kill anyone i see including the characters that are meant to help you

Last edited:
When the game gets fast or exciting, me and my little brother both, get this uncontrollable thing where we start jumping around or rapidly moving our legs or something. It I guess it happens when we get a rush from the game, but I've learned to control it...
mostly.

YoshiFlame

Businessman of Legend
I tend to get very angry and impatient with games if I keep dieing over and over on the same level.

Master Sword13

thatjoshoverthere
These are great... If my family saw me then she'd think I'm even MORE crazy. Anyway, here are mine.

1. When playing Mario Kart I lean my entire body until I fall over on the couch or on to someone else. Then when I get up I do it super quickly so my player takes a huge turn the other direction. It messes me up and kills me.

2. Talk to myself and/or the game. Come on, it's the best. I have a tendency to call Link the superior ninja of all and anyone who messes with him will die when I'm playing a Zelda game. Ah... Good times...

3. Shout at the top of my lungs or make weird faces at my sister when I kill an enemy in a Zelda game. Only my sister, though.

4. Totally zone out of everything else in life.

5. The first time I played Halo: Reach I realized another habit. I have a tendency to sneak around all ninja-like then rush an enemy with a hard hitting weapon. Like a golf club. Trust me: The ultimate way to kill in Halo: Reach is to jump on the head of your foe then hit them with a golf club before you even land. It's awesome.

6. Find a way to make enemies look stupid and laugh hysterically when I kill them. Bombs and bulblins in the Cave of Ordeals. Priceless moments I tell you.

That's all I can think of for right now... I probably have a lot more, though.

butterbiscuit

- Do Not Eat -
Even if I have max rupees, hearts, etc, I always smash things looking for supplies anyway, especially with hearts. I commonly chase after a heart if it's in a far off place to grab it, even if my health is full.

Elvenknight

HyrulianBlackcat
I have a habit of talking to myself, or making the charactors talk. Like in Pokemon, I'd have my Pokemon talk to each other. In games like Zelda, where I only have one charactor to control, I pretend that my stuffed animals are journeying with the main charactor. Sometimes I put those stuffed animals in at key points, to make it more fun. And yes, a teenager still plays with her little stuffed animals.
My brother has a habit of breathing hard if he's playing a fighting game, like Killer Instinct on the SuperNintendo.
When I'm getting my tail seriously kicked, I often drop the game for a couple hours. And often those hours turn into months.

i know someone who does this, and its completely annoying: they jump up and down in their seats and say stuff like "ooh ooh ah yes i got it, i got it, ohh yea i killed him, oh no hes coming back"!

Smitie

The Dutch Kusagari
I mostly talk to myself when I play video games. I can have entire conversations about how unfair that loss was or why the game is cheating. The more I lose/have to do a part over, the more frustrated the conversations become. Eventually I start swearing or I quit in a rage (only to find out that I forgot to save...). If I do beat a boss after a long fight I dance my victory dance while saying how the defeat of the boss was unavoidable with my skills (I just forget the hours of humiliation for a second) and look more like a fool :xd:.

donkey kong

Juicy pants.
i pretend im lping a game. i'll say stuff like, Barinade can be defeated with 3 jump attacks with deku sticks. and i'll also say "this enemy can only be killed by your sword. also i have game cartridge ocd, i always try to align the games perfectly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom