• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Embarassing Gaming Habits

I have the habit of talking in the role of my characters in game. If that makes sense. For example, if I am Link, I say his lines for him, which are usually insulting, sarcastic, mean, occasionly nice, and I also yell at enemies to piss off. I talk to myself when I play games. Whenever i enter a new area, I pause the game to listen to the new music. Also, whenever a redead attacks me, I yell "RAPE RAPE".

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
I tend to shout out at things in Pokemon games. Not swears mind you, just more like an angry football fan who's favorite team is doing something stupid (maybe it's hereditary since my mom happens to be one of those aforementioned angry football fans...).

I also tend to swear up a storm sometimes when playing a game, especially during frusterating parts (either that, or it just goes to incoherent, angry gibberish XD). I manage to keep mostly under my breath, but there was one instance where I accidentally yelled it and my mom chewed me out for it. XD

Another habit is my tendency to address video game characters as though they were real people and talking to them almost as though I expect and answer.

I also have catch phrases that I sometimes say, like "Ow, pain, blood" which I usually use for when I get hit by something. I have others, but they either escape me or are not appropriate to post on the site, so yeah, I think that'll be all for

And, last but not least, sometimes I cite memes where I feel like it. For instance, let's say I've got a Pokemon charging up for, say, Solarbeam (although who'd charge up for Solarbeam when Sunny Day is available?). I'd go all "I'mma chargin' mah lazah!". Or, if I'm gonna have a Pokemon using something like Hyper Beam, I'd say "I'mma firin' mah lazah!". Another is if I am told I am about to sail on a ship or am just about to get on a ship, I'd go all "My ship sails in the morning!".

T

Triforce Eden

I really only have one embarrassing habit, but goshdarnit is it embarrassing.

Whenever I'm doing something awesome, or nerve-racking, or difficult, I make these strange grunts and noises and clicks that lead to people thinking I'm doing something that I really am not. It's quite annoying and freaks out most people.

amaterasu

Writer
I also yell at the enemies that aren't ReDeads and Gibdos, screaming things like. "YEAH! HOW YOU LIKE THEM APPLES *****!? OH, YOU WANT SOME TOO! COME AND GET IT! DIE DIE DIE!" and other things of that nature. i am such a good person aren't i?

I don't pay attention to large blocks of text unless I'm really getting into the game. This is why I often do not know what to do in a game.

Firice da Vinci

Distinct lack of Leonardo
When I started gaming, whenever I got to a really annoying point of a game and don't complete whatever task I was given, I'd go into the fetal position and almost pee my pants. I would make it to the bathroom before such a thing happened, though. Remember, I don't do that anymore. Nowadays, I just turn off the game and forget to acknowledge it's existence for a couple months to a year.

Another habit is to constantly restart a game just to replay the intro. This can be traced back to Kingdom Hearts: RE:coded and Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep. Can you truly blame a guy for liking Simple and Clean playing in the intro?

Something else I do is mimic different character's movements and poses. AN example would be do a Triple Jump and then doing a spin in midair. The funny thing about that is that I haven't even played Super Mario Galaxy.

amaterasu

Writer
When there's a long speech, like the Great Deku Tree speach, I usually have sombody continuously press the button while i get a drink or eat or somthing. When I come back he's waiting for Link to enter.

Dr3W21

shoegaze girl
Having to have multiples of 5 rupees in Zelda. Well, everything, actually.
Lol, I do that with volume settings on the TV :lol:... the weird thing is, I don't have OCD.

Anyway, during games like CoD/Halo/etc. I generally spam RPG's/grenades/Tomahawks/throwing knives across the map, hoping to get cheap kills. It's surprisingly effective!
I also tend to commentate as I play games when I'm by myself, as if I'm doing a Let's Play or something.
Hmm... I scream at enemies (things like "WHY WON'T YOU FRICKNG DIE!!" and stuff like that) a LOT, and when I keep dying at parts, I always feel like killing someone/something.

SinkingBadges

The Quiet Man
Lol, I do that with volume settings on the TV ... the weird thing is, I don't have OCD.

Anyway, during games like CoD/Halo/etc. I generally spam RPG's/grenades/Tomahawks/throwing knives across the map, hoping to get cheap kills. It's surprisingly effective!
I also tend to commentate as I play games when I'm by myself, as if I'm doing a Let's Play or something.
Hmm... I scream at enemies (things like "WHY WON'T YOU FRICKNG DIE!!" and stuff like that) a LOT, and when I keep dying at parts, I always feel like killing someone/something.

I'm probably worse than that! I even introduce myself under my breath like Chuggaaconroy does. And also go "Would you kindly die for me, sir?" with enemies. Then I say "Thank you very much!".

DLC

Soul Drummer.
After winning a brawl match, i go like "heh" in sonics voice and i do a little pose. or i start singing while playing metroid. it always happens. i can't play metroid without singing.

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
Depending on how frustrated I am, here's what usually happens:

Level 1 (losing 1-3 times): "Well, that's not good enough."
Level 2 (losing 3-5 times): *pounds fist on table once* "How dare you!"
Level 3 (losing 5-10 times): *tosses controller down, but not hard enough to break it* "**** *******! All right... Stop screwing me over you spiteful jerks, or I'll have your heads on a pike! How am I supposed to enjoy this game?!"
Level 4 (losing 10-15 times): *screams* "No!! Why?!" *makes sad whining noise* *starts angrily mimicking the manner of losing with hands*
Level 5 (losing 15-20 times): *mocks video game developers* "'We are pathetic, sloppy ******* fools, who take out our cruelty on gamers, and we want to torture you with our ********** game, and subject you to unfair **** rules invented by the sorry *********. We are laughing at you.'"
Level 6 (losing 20-50 times): "Well, was a waste of time. Fine, you win. Are you proud of yourselves?" *sells game to GameStop, buys new game*
Level 7 (GameStop refuses game, losing 50-100 times): *sobs* "I'm never going to be good enough! Why am I such a loser? I can't even beat a stupid video game!" *cries*
Level 8 (losing 100-200 times): *moans and whimpers while playing* *cries self to sleep at night*
Level 9 (losing 200-1000 times): *can't even pick up game without starting to cry hysterically and be filled with feelings of worthlessness while playing*

Fortunately, there's only one game I've ever lost 1000 times. I've never played a game past 20 tries on the same sequence since. I'm smarter than to put myself through that again...

Also, sometimes if it's a long sequence I can't save during, the counter increments faster. Each single loss can feel like 5 in that case.

Im convinced the harder you push the button, the higher and farther mario will jump. Ive worn out a lot of buttons that way.

Depending on how frustrated I am, here's what usually happens:

Level 1 (losing 1-3 times): "Well, that's not good enough."
Level 2 (losing 3-5 times): *pounds fist on table once* "How dare you!"
Level 3 (losing 5-10 times): *tosses controller down, but not hard enough to break it* "**** *******! All right... Stop screwing me over you spiteful jerks, or I'll have your heads on a pike! How am I supposed to enjoy this game?!"
Level 4 (losing 10-15 times): *screams* "No!! Why?!" *makes sad whining noise* *starts angrily mimicking the manner of losing with hands*
Level 5 (losing 15-20 times): *mocks video game developers* "'We are pathetic, sloppy ******* fools, who take out our cruelty on gamers, and we want to torture you with our ********** game, and subject you to unfair **** rules invented by the sorry *********. We are laughing at you.'"
Level 6 (losing 20-50 times): "Well, was a waste of time. Fine, you win. Are you proud of yourselves?" *sells game to GameStop, buys new game*
Level 7 (GameStop refuses game, losing 50-100 times): *sobs* "I'm never going to be good enough! Why am I such a loser? I can't even beat a stupid video game!" *cries*
Level 8 (losing 100-200 times): *moans and whimpers while playing* *cries self to sleep at night*
Level 9 (losing 200-1000 times): *can't even pick up game without starting to cry hysterically and be filled with feelings of worthlessness while playing*

Fortunately, there's only one game I've ever lost 1000 times. I've never played a game past 20 tries on the same sequence since. I'm smarter than to put myself through that again...

Also, sometimes if it's a long sequence I can't save during, the counter increments faster. Each single loss can feel like 5 in that case.

Sorry for the double post, but this was great. (You played DKCR too?) Also, this is a rough outline of the stages of grief, which i found entertaining. How long did it take you to make this post?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom