• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Elixirs

Trying to get elixirs by cooking monster parts and a critter that is described as being good if cooked with monster parts but after many combinations all I come up with is dubious food.I'm trying to get the bottles of elixirs,can anyone help?

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
It’s important to note that you can only make elixirs by mixing monster parts with bugs and small animals. If you use any kind of food ingredient it will fail. For mighty and tough elixirs, you’ll want to use mighty rhino beetles and tough rhino beetles.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
You can’t catch squirrels. They just drop nuts. You can catch lizards and frogs, though. You can find the beetles pretty much anywhere you can find trees. For more specific locations, you can buy pictures of them for your compendium from Symin at the Hateno lab. The compendium data will tell you specific locations and if you have the sheikah sensor +, you can set it to alert you when the bugs are nearby.

I ran across a peddler with a bunch of different beetles for sale but I can't remember where. That would get me going quick if I can find him.

I was just looking for where to find some but all the woods I've been in I haven't spotted any. Probably best just to not bother with them unless I stumbled on some.

some good places to look are at kakariko village and the posts there you'll find a lot of beetles there, as well as the hook near lure line just remember to use your sensor

That sounds good thanks! I'm not familiar with the hook or the lure line,must have missed that. Btw, I have the rhino beetle and Beedle wants it awful bad,says he will steal it. What's that all about ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom