• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Electronic Music: Yea or Nae?

Do you like electronic music?

• Yea

Votes: 13 86.7%
  • Nae

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • ???

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
If you guys think of any, I'd love to explore a new type of electronic music! I'll add them to the list if you give me a song.
I think you should look into Electro. There's a list of a few artists at the end of the wikipedia article for you to check out.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electro_(music)

I really like electronic music. I like a lot. I like all kinds actually but I tend to gravitate to the tracks that are slightly more mainstream sounding and also the tracks and mixes of tracks that would be good in a club setting. I'll share some of my favourite artists and songs that do this type of music. I'll list them as "artist - song title"

Firstly I'll share some more (semi) instrumental tracks that would go well in a club setting.

Pet Shop Boys - Axis

Orchestral Manoeuvers in the Dark - Metroland

Daft Punk - Robot Rock

Kraftwerk - Spacelab

Now I'll share some electronic music that takes the form of more traditional songs, but it's still all very electronic in sound and origin.

Paul Mac - As Long As I Am

Pet Shop Boys - After The Event

And finally for something totally random, here is a fusion of classical music and electronic music. I'll explain.

Pet Shop Boys - Love is a Bourgeois Construct
An 100% electronic reimagining of a a track from an old move. The movie was called The Draughtsman's Contract and the track title is called Chasing Sheep Is Best Left To Shepards. The movie track in turn is totally based of theme from the Prelude to Act III, Scene 2 of English composer Henry Purcell’s 1691 opera King Arthur.
Though the intro to the Pet Soop Boy's final Song was based of the original Purcell sheet music.

Here's the Pet Shop Boy's 2013 track

Here's the movie track used as partial inspiration

Reactions: Dio

Alita the Pun

Dmitri
I added Electro to the list.

I've also been really digging this type of music that combines guitar with electronic music. idk what its called but I'm gonna link a few in this post and if someone can tell me what it is call it I'll put it in the OP but here it is for now.

Valkyrie (Feat. Laura Brehm) - Varien

Terms and Conditions (Feat. Ashley Apollodor) [Crystal Skies Remix]

Stormageden747

Zofian General
When it comes to electronic music, vaporwave is my pick. While vaporwave is nothing compared to Rock in my opinion, it is still very enjoyable to listen to.

forgot to add this.

Starset is one of the few electronic rock bands that does it right. They are amazing and I love their music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom