• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Electronic music - do you like it?

Electro, House, Electropop, Trance, Industrial, Dance etc etc.
Do you like this type of music? Be it with or without lyrics? Who are your favourite electronic artists?

I'm a huge fan and it's my favourite type of music. I like it with and without lyrics.
I am always looking for more electronic music though to see what I'll like next.
Here's a few examples from these genres of music that I like a lot.

With Lyrics
Pet Shop Boys
Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark
Paul Mac

Mostly without Lyrics
Chemical Brothers
Daft Punk
Kraftwerk

But probably not the kind you're thinking of.
When I said dance, trance and industrial, what you shared is exactly the type of music I was thinking of. It all counts as it's all electronic based.

Also the trance track you shared is exactly the type of electronic music I'm into. I really like that track.

I'll share a track or two I like from each of the ones I mentioned above so everyone can get an idea of what they are about.

Pet Shop Boys

Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark

Chemical Brothers

Daft Punk

Kraftwerk

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Yes, I do. Electronic music has something for just about every mood, whether it's a lax downtempo track playing in the background or energetic DnB to help get in the right mindset. Some of my favorite genres are drum & bass, dubstep, triphop, complextro, future bass, hard trance, industrial/electronic rock, chillout, and electro house. Conversely, I can't get into the overly poppy, bubbly clubbers from artists like David Guetta or Calvin Harris--those just don't vibe with me as much. It's hard to hate any one category when the whole techno industry is so diverse.

Hard Trance/Hardcore/Techno

Prog Trance/Complextro

Electronica/EDM

Electronic Rock/Drum & Bass

Electronica/Downtempo/Chillstep

And of course, I'd be remiss if I didn't include some VGM:
Prog Trance/Chillout

Trance/Downtempo

Aggrotech/Electronic Rock

Eurobeat/Dance

Synthwave/Techno/Dance

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I do like a lot of this stuff.

My favourite artists are probably Porter Robinson, Madeon, and Cosmo's Midnight, and Wave Racer I've seen them live a few times and their live sets are always amazing.

Porter Robinson - Language

Madeon - Home

Porter Robinson & Madeon - Shelter

Cosmo's Midnight - Ether

Cosmo's Midnight & Genesis Owusu - Dirty Harry (Cover)

(I'm in this video in the audience since i was there for this live show :D)

Wave Racer - Flash Drive

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom