• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Electric and Hydrogen Cars

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
California recently passed an executive order banning the sale of new gas passenger cars by 2035.

Do you think California will actually be able to implement this by 2035 and what kind of future do you see for alternative energy powered vehicles?

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
didn't we learn anything from the hindenburg

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
it's a good start, but I wish it was faster by a good 5 years or so
something the government could do is offer subsidies to companies that incentivize cleaner transportation, either promoting bus passes, carpooling, or alternative transit like bicycles, not just hybrid/electric vehicles
or give everyone a government issue hybrid :V
the other thing is that halting the sales of cars doesn't actually push gas cars off the road by 2035, cars will still last a good 20+ years beyond that even with heavy use
this kind of policy would have been best enacted 10 years ago

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
England is doing this by 2030 I think so yeah it could be sped up a bit over there. The sooner the better I say. Hopefully there will be more incentives to switch over as the time passes. I am hoping the car I have now is going to be my last diesel car and that I can keep it alive long enough to get an electric car nearer the time when incentives are higher and electric charging points and batteries have improved even more.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Our state government is considering introducing extra taxes on electric cars to make up for the lost tax revenue on petrol sales over the car's lifetime, another state (controlled by the other of the two major parties) is planning on doing the same thing. The federal government doesn't seem to have a very positive attitude toward EVs either. So it seems that Australia is actively trying to damage progress on EVs.

I became aware recently after I saw this satirical video (note that the content contains inappropriate language but is quite informative):

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom