• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Announced at VGA - Really, Really Seriousness

Mute

一員
Being the fanboy of the series that I am, it's hard for me to describe my feeling without using very unhuman sound effects of joy. Although, I'm interested in the fact that a dragon was shown, even if it was just made of stone, since they're considered extinct in lore. Along with that, the Dragonborn it spoke of also intrigues me.

But that part aside, I'm really glad they finally announced it, now I can look forward to Skyrim, which I hope will have more environmental diversity than Cyrodiil did.

EDIT: Actually, I should pay attention more, the trailer pretty much spells out the dragon thing. Meaning it's more than likely the return of the dragons.

Last edited:

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Looks to be just an expansion pack or something, but regardless, these are good news. My brothers are going to be overjoyed, they love Oblivion. And yeah, Dragons are included this time, that rocks, dragons are awesome. :P

Claire

The Geekette
I'm really excited for this! First off, the fact that we're going into Skyrim is awesome. It'll be the first time since Arena that we can explore the area and learn more about the lore. The video isn't as I hoped, it gets me really anxious to see some actual play, but they probably will release that later on. I do like, however, that it does build up suspense and lets a little lore slip out and how it'll reflect the upcoming game. Too curious to see what the geography of the area is like for the new release. I'd like to see some more personality within the NPCs, though, it wouldn't exactly be an easy task. I'm just wondering if, perhaps, the nords in Skyrim are more civilized than what is often heard in the rumors around Cyrodiil. This is great! I'm so happy, can't wait to hear more.

Michael Heide

The 8th Wise Man
I wish I had a console or pc with enough hardware power to play this. The last Elder Scrolls game that I'm able to play is Morrowind. I'm a huge fan of the series though, and I'll eventually get the Game of the Year Edition of this (and Oblivion) when I finally have the money to get a PS3 or Xbox360. For those Zelda fans with multiple consoles and a desire to play more games more or less like Zelda, Elder Scrolls, despite its RPG-focus and the 3rd person perspective actually wouldn't be a bad choice.

linkman8

True and Noble
All right, looks good! Even though it won't be out for almost another year, it's still good to look forward to it. Skyrim, though... Hmm.... It's interesting how they keep shifting between different lands dominated by a specific race. I personally can't wait til they go to Hammerfell or Valenwood.

Akiranon

Fallen Knight
Never was a fan of the series, but we started off bad together. I remember playing Oblivion having no idea on what to do next, or what to do at all. Just walking on the field, killing things, looking for items, etc. Later on I gave up on the game and sold it for some quick cash.

Recently however, Bethesda has caught my full attention. Having spent a lot of time with Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas I've been feeling the urge to give Oblivion another chance. They run on the same engine, so getting into the game now shouldn't be too hard. I don't even know why I couldn't get in the game in the first place. :P I think it was just my impatience or something. XD Looking forward to this one!

Keats

The Most Interesting Man
Yeah, when I heard about this I let out a very loud "SQUEE!" I can't wait to get a hold of it. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom