• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Elder Scrolls Online

Jedizora

:right:
So, they recently announced the 6th elder scrolls game, and it will be a MMO. It isn't being devolved by Bethesda, instead by Zenimax Online studios. It takes place 1,000 years before Skyrim. Argonians, Dark Elves(Dunmer), and the Nords have the Ebonheart Pact. Interesting to see how the leadership of this faction is, the three races hate each other. The next up is the Daggerfall Covenant, which has the Bretons, Redguards, and Orcs. Finally, the aldmeri Dominion, which has he High Elves(Altmer), the Wood Elves(Bosmer), and the Khajiit. I'll be joining them, as a Wood Elf. Anyone who has played skyrim most likely hates them, but they are my favorite races. No word on the Imperials, other then how they are weakened. Molag Bol is the antagonist this time. It is meant to have all of Tamriel(Continent where the ES games take place) in it, scaled down of course. Many beloved areas, such as the College of Winterhold,(And the city of Winterhold itself) will be saved for expansion packs. In exchange, they are bringing back the Mages guild, and the thieves guild. No word on how two mage factions will work. Can you only join one? I don't even know how MMOs work in the first place. Sadly, no marriage or housing can happen. There is more to it, including a plotline about Wherewolves that was revealed, but it would be better to read it for yourself, in the new addition of Gameinformer.

So, what are your thoughts on the game? What faction will you be joining? Anything you want to see added?

Last edited:
My thought on this game is that It will be good at first, But then it will slowly die. But I am not completely sure what i think yet. I need to see more game-play before i can decide. Same thing went down with rift It looked amazing but the end game content sucked. But I am hoping that this game will last. I will probably join the Daggerfall Covenant because I love playing the Orcs.

i actually think they could make it work really well, but i really hope it doesn't change much from the normal games and has the same basic combat system.But even if they change it a fair bit i would still be willing to give it a chance.

Hmmm i have my doubts but i shall still get it in the hopes it will be awesome :D Hopefully it wont be like SWToR in that it starts off awesome and then just dies :(

My initial reaction to this news was ''Why?'' There are already so many MMO's out there, that this seemed liked a risky and unnecessary move. Reading the lengthy Gameinformer cover article this month doesn't instill much confidence that this will be a worthwhile endeavor. Unless they can do something unique and new with the MMO formula, I can't say I'm terribly excited about the game.

Not to say that there won't probably be unique aspects to the game that other MMO's don't do, but that's still sort of a problem right now for other MMO's. Each of the ''bigger'' recently released or upcoming MMO's have one aspect that makes them unique (Tera with its combat, SWTOR with its story telling and Guild Wars 2 with it's world events etc) but none of them do ALL of those things.

This probably sounds overly negative towards the game, but I'm just trying to be realistic considering where the MMO genre is at right now. There needs to be a brand new type of approach to the genre to really shake it up, and I just don't think Elder Scrolls Online will be that game. Hopefully I'll be proven wrong, and I'm more than willing to give the game the benefit of the doubt. Guess only time will tell!

Right now I'm ready and waiting for GW2. Have to see how this looks when it gets closer to release. I tend to play a game for its pvp, so it'll just depend on what they plan on doing on that front as to whether or not I'll get into it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom