• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion!

MajoraKing12

Perfect Harmony
I got this game a week or so ago and it is soooo awesome!:)
It has really good graphics and other stuff like that. And most of all if you like alot of violence this is a good game for you. But here are some pictures of what the game looks like:

51W0xdYcTUL._AA280_.jpg

51BWk6ZvHTL._AA280_.jpg

51x9FNNv6wL._AA280_.jpg

But tell me what you think of it because it's really just an awesome game!:)

Akiranon

Fallen Knight
I really couldn't get into it. The story didn't interest me, the combat system felt weird, all the different items/quests and whatnot confused me. I sold the game pretty recently to a friend for 10 Euros and apparently he loves the game. Weird, huh?

I've heard about the Elder Scrolls games... particularly the third one, Morrowind.

It sounds interesting, especially the depth of it all, but it's not quite my thing. I'm more of an action gamer, really. I'm not too into RPGs, although I do play some of the good ones. I might pick up one of the Elder Scrolls games sometime, but... well, you know.

linkman8

True and Noble
Ooh, I loved this game. Graphics aside, which most people talk about, I think that it was a very well put together game. A very large world with loads to do, quite a few weapon sets, armor, etc. Definitely worth it.
The only real problems are:
- World is not as big as Morrowind.
- There could be more quests.

S

Spreeze

It just so happens to be my favorite video game for Xbox 360. The graphics are amazing and I love the music. And I love going into the Oblivion gates and shutting them down.

Claire

The Geekette
I love The Elder Scrolls, it is a fantastic series - and Oblivion is the only game I have interest in playing that is produced for the XBOX 360.

My cousin has an XBOX 360, and today I managed to beg long enough until he drove to GameStop to purchase Oblivion - finally! I am yet to play it, I am actually sitting here right now waiting for everything to be set up. I do hope that it has a significantly large area similar to Morrowind, since linkman finds it to be smaller. I loved Morrowind, I spent hours playing for about a month and if Oblivion is an incredibly enhanced version of Morrowind - then I am happy. Does anyone know if Oblivion has a construction set with PC, like Morrowind? These games just keep getting better, Daggerfall seems drastically weak compared to Oblivion in appearance. Just hope it lives up to the hype.

I have two characters, I got addicted through my husband laptop, it doesn't run very well in my computer. But I really like it.

OH MY!! Oblivion is my first approach to the Elder Scrolls and as such, I find the world and quests to be immense. The idea of Morrowing being bigger just blows my mind. xD

linkman8

True and Noble
OH MY!! Oblivion is my first approach to the Elder Scrolls and as such, I find the world and quests to be immense. The idea of Morrowing being bigger just blows my mind. xD
Believe it or not, as incredibly immense as Cyrodiil is, Morrowind was actually bigger. The downside to Morrowind, though, was that a lot of the extra land is composed of sandy, rocky, sandstorm-laden areas. Not beautiful landscapes like Oblivion.

chrisbg99

OBEY THE FIST!
Another mediocre game in a mediocre franchise. It is like they wanted to program boredom and the Elder Scrolls is what they came up with.

Oblivion was one of my most favorite games that I had ever played, the game was perfect, it was not short like most of the games today. And it was fun, because you chose if you were going to be good, bad, or evil. I loved this game.

General Lee

Classic Gamer
Ive heard only good things about Oblivion, and Ive had quite some interest in the Elder Scrolls games, since Im getting a 360 for my birthday this weekend I picked up Oblivion. Ive seen game play, read reviews and had my friends tell me all about it so Im sure itl be the first game I put in my 360.

The Shadow

Creature of the Darkness
Oblivion is a great game, the only downside it has to morrowind is that morrowind has more types of weapons and spells, but in Oblivion if you get four pieces of armour or anything like that, give each one 25% chameleon then you are 100% invisible (making the game way to easy)

Immortal_One

Math is power.
Oblivion is a great game, I'm in the process of playing it. It's a great classic RPG-style game with good combat system and unique ideas. I got it a few months ago but I have only gotten through about half of it.

Ooh, I loved this game. Graphics aside, which most people talk about, I think that it was a very well put together game. A very large world with loads to do, quite a few weapon sets, armor, etc. Definitely worth it.
The only real problems are:

If you think Morrowind's world was big, you'd be baffled by the enormity of Elder Scrolls: Arena. It's dreadfully old, but it is debatably the largest overworld in any game. But you are right; Morrowind's overworld was a lot bigger than Oblivion's, which was kind of a let down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom