• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Elden Ring

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
Hype
Gameplay trailer today revealed quite a few similarities to dark souls 3
In addition the ability to crouch and a much more applicable jump
I know the release got delayed, I don't remember if the new release is announced or not but still coming out before spring
This thread is for Hype and discussion since I plan on bullying people into buying this game
But mostly Hype

I've seen some people complain that it looks too similar to DS3, but you know what else was really similar to DS3? Every Fromsoft game since Demon's Souls. :P I don't know why people were expecting that Elden Ring wouldn't stick to the formula.

I don't really have much more to contribute to the thread at the moment. But I'm hyped for Elden Ring so I'll deposit some hype here.

Mikey the Moblin

I've seen some people complain that it looks too similar to DS3, but you know what else was really similar to DS3? Every Fromsoft game since Demon's Souls. :P I don't know why people were expecting that Elden Ring wouldn't stick to the formula.

I don't really have much more to contribute to the thread at the moment. But I'm hyped for Elden Ring so I'll deposit some hype here.
that seems crazy to me, since dark souls 3 is great! comparisons are more than welcome lol

I guess sekiro had a big impact on people's expectations, but I'm personally glad we're getting another soulslike

Kirino

Tatakae
I've never played Dark Souls or any soulslike game, but I just watched the gameplay video of Elden Ring while having seen nothing from it previously, and it really blew me away. Love the aesthetic especially, and the clear references to Berserk are very cool. I'll probably end up getting it, and maybe finally try my hand at Dark Souls beforehand.

Mikey the Moblin

I've never played Dark Souls or any soulslike game, but I just watched the gameplay video of Elden Ring while having seen nothing from it previously, and it really blew me away. Love the aesthetic especially, and the clear references to Berserk are very cool. I'll probably end up getting it, and maybe finally try my hand at Dark Souls beforehand.
The entire series is like this
Sounds like you need to play it

Anyone get in on the network test? I didn't. Just curious.

The playtest area felt a lot like the Great Plateau from BOTW. The scene of the player character coming out of their own tomb felt like then out into the open world had a very shrine of resurrection feel to it and first encountering the great plateau cinematic vibe. The dynamic weather too felt very much like BOTW.

Something has happened to the Zelda fanbase over the years. Because the lack of excitement from the Zelda community for a game like Elden Ring despite its perceived challenge is difficult for me to grasp because the feel of exploration and third person combat is easy to pick up and enjoy despite the more difficult elements of the rpg when compared to Zelda.

I feel like something like this is a worthy successor to OoT and TP but maybe the cartoony more kid friendly more gentle nature of some of the sequels over the years like WW, SS, and even BOTW which leans more towards a kid and female audience keeps some of these grittier western fantasy themed rpgs from catching on with the more modern Zelda fanbase as opposed to what I consider my generation of Zelda fans from the late 90s and mid 00s who liked a darker tone.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I rewatched the trailer and then watched a bit of the beta demo, the game looks good, I am definitely interested, but at the moment I don't have a console that would play it and my laptop would not be able to handle it. Maybe if I buy the Steam Deck I'd pick it up.

The big bad in the new Elden Ring trailer gave off Demise from Skyward Sword vibes with his giant orange hair thing going on.

Mikey the Moblin

there's an interview with miyazaki in here

basically, botw2 has been dumpstered before even being named. Yall wanted underground and sky exploration? Try elden ring, 2022 GOTY

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer

there's an interview with miyazaki in here

basically, botw2 has been dumpstered before even being named. Yall wanted underground and sky exploration? Try elden ring, 2022 GOTY
Screenshot_20211230-170800_1.png
Gonna have to pass unless I end up getting a beefy computer.

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.

Mikey the Moblin

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom