• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Edit: Masked Followers to Invaders

Which of these do you think could be connected/part of the same realm? (select as many as you need)

• Termina

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Lorule

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Twilight realm

• All of the above

• None of them, they are all seperate

• Total voters
But you said the term "interlopers" implies they came from somewhere
But that implication is from a translation, not from the source text
As I have said, that one small part does nothing to change the main theory. If that is the only nit pick, it tells me that the rest of the theory is strong because I can eliminate that line, and no part of the theory is changed. Plus, there this statement:
I don't know if I'd call that an error but more so a localization choice
I agree. Someone may have easily thought that English speakers needed that extra bit of information. Knowing what little I do of other languages; I wouldn't disagree.

If you want to keep talking about the finer points of translation, the meanings behind word choice, and whether translations add to the source material, or detract from it; knowing that it does little for or against the theory presented, go ahead. I am happy to have struck interest in a topic that is facinating in it's own right. I am simply stating here, at this point, that it doesn't change the theory.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom