• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

EDGE Gives Skyward Sword a 10/10!

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
NIce, so that's an average score overall of 99%! This game is as close to perfection it seems as actually possible...

Mubble

Pokémon Pusher
An impressive score for EDGE, considering their past history with scoring. Definitely ramping up my excitement for the game. About a month to go!

finally they give skyward sword a good rating! if this keeps up then skyward sword will probaly have a 99.9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999%

let these reviews keepcoming

I'm surprised EDGE of all reviewers would give it a 10/10. If even they can give it that score, I think others are gonna be twice as impressed.

Wow! Edge? they are one of the toughest critics out there! i can't say Im not impressed. but don't go ahed and call it GOTY so fast, SMG2 got the ten last year and was totally ignored in most of the GOTY awards. it's very likely to be the most critically acclaimed game of the year (if it doesn't fall behind Batman, but Batman's score got slightly lower) but it won't be officially be GOTY
Notice that SS got the cover, witch means it's the highest reviewed game of this issue! it got a better score then Uncharted 3! how would have believed...

I suspect SS will still not become GOTY.

Mario Galaxy 2 received the highest avarage score of all games in 2010. It is even on number 2 on the Best of all Time list on gamerankings.com , based on a lot of reviews.
But still Red Dead Redemption won the award. How is this possible?
Simple: because most game reviewers and people who decide who wins such an award are idiots who don't know how to recognise a good game. Its true. Most of them are just graphic junkies. I can already see some of the SS reviews to come when the game is out.

Score: 9/10
cons: no good graphics, no voice acting, no blood.

While gamedevelopers like the ones from Call of Duty, receive rewards, while they are just re-releasing the same shooter game every year only then with enhanced graphics and some new options. The gaming world is generally a blind one.

GOTY has never been won by actual good gameplay, face it.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
That's good, for SS. 10/10 I believe it deserves, though I haven't played it myself.

The gaming world isn't blind, they simply favor things you yourself do not. Don't call them idiots because your favorite game didn't win GOTY. Don't hate them because your favorite game has a 99/100 average whereas X game has garnered a 100/100 based solely on its graphics. If you know so and so is biased in favor of graphics, give them graphics and see where you go.

That's good, for SS. 10/10 I believe it deserves, though I haven't played it myself.

The gaming world isn't blind, they simply favor things you yourself do not. Don't call them idiots because your favorite game didn't win GOTY. Don't hate them because your favorite game has a 99/100 average whereas X game has garnered a 100/100 based solely on its graphics. If you know so and so is biased in favor of graphics, give them graphics and see where you go.

The thing is, the GOTY-award isn't always given to the best game of the year.
Like he said, SMG2 was the highest rated game of it's year, and the second highest rating of all time, and it still didn't win. It has nothing to do with preference, if Uncharted 3 is rated highest this year, for example, it should win. But for some reason it doesn't work like that.

Vibed

must read before he posts
I suspect SS will still not become GOTY.

Mario Galaxy 2 received the highest avarage score of all games in 2010. It is even on number 2 on the Best of all Time list on gamerankings.com , based on a lot of reviews.
But still Red Dead Redemption won the award. How is this possible?
Simple: because most game reviewers and people who decide who wins such an award are idiots who don't know how to recognise a good game. Its true. Most of them are just graphic junkies. I can already see some of the SS reviews to come when the game is out.

Score: 9/10
cons: no good graphics, no voice acting, no blood.

While game developers like the ones from Call of Duty, receive rewards, while they are just re-releasing the same shooter game every year only then with enhanced graphics and some new options. The gaming world is generally a blind one.

GOTY has never been won by actual good gameplay, face it.
That's a bit too harsh on the reviewers. It's their opinion, even if it is a little blinded by the media. I mean, as you said, let's face it, we're all a little biased one way or another.

You're turning the argument in favor of Zelda by saying all these other games are essentially rehashes and accusing them of being graphics whores, which is not necessarily the case. If you can't see the fun in RDR and see why they would like it, you're not very broad minded. This same logic applies to Zelda, some people don't like it as much as others.

And remember, an entire site's staff doesn't review a game, only a single person. The staff probably argue over which game is GOTY and leave it to a vote.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom