• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Echolight's art

Echolight

❤️ love yourself ❤️
ZD Champion
Dawg you need to start doing commissions, your art is legendary

Thank you!!! <3 <3

I am actually thinking about that a lot more often, and I'm going to probably set things up later this year for that. I need to start working on building a portfolio first, since most of my finished pieces now are fanart. I don't think it's legal to make money off of fanart, so I don't won't to advertise fanart commissions in my portfolio. I can include a few, sure, to show off my skill development, but I mainly want to draw fantasy creatures and characters. So I have that to do first. But after that I'll officially get started with commissions! <3

I'll be sure to link my portfolio when it's gets a fair amount of drawings in it, probably in fall somewhere. And then I'll definitely tell you guys when I start commissions. I think the rough part will be when I have to transition from drawing for free, to actually doing paid requests. It'll be sad to close the thread, and I'm just worried because some of you guys got drawings for free, but the rest will have to pay from that point on. I guess I'm just nervous about how you guys will react to that.

I've been thinking, maybe when I do commissions, I'll draw the request, but then I'll also ship the physical version to them too if they pay a bit more. In like a frame or something. And maybe I can also send a letter with it. I think that'll be cute.

Link&Midna

K-Dawg
Thank you!!! <3 <3

I am actually thinking about that a lot more often, and I'm going to probably set things up later this year for that. I need to start working on building a portfolio first, since most of my finished pieces now are fanart. I don't think it's legal to make money off of fanart, so I don't won't to advertise fanart commissions in my portfolio. I can include a few, sure, to show off my skill development, but I mainly want to draw fantasy creatures and characters. So I have that to do first. But after that I'll officially get started with commissions! <3

I'll be sure to link my portfolio when it's gets a fair amount of drawings in it, probably in fall somewhere. And then I'll definitely tell you guys when I start commissions. I think the rough part will be when I have to transition from drawing for free, to actually doing paid requests. It'll be sad to close the thread, and I'm just worried because some of you guys got drawings for free, but the rest will have to pay from that point on. I guess I'm just nervous about how you guys will react to that.

I've been thinking, maybe when I do commissions, I'll draw the request, but then I'll also ship the physical version to them too if they pay a bit more. In like a frame or something. And maybe I can also send a letter with it. I think that'll be cute.
Lots of people make money off fanart anyways, it's not something to worry about. Idk the legality of it but when i was at a convention a little while ago everyone was selling prints of licensed characters and the con allowed it, so it's not something you could ever get into actual trouble for I'm pretty sure. Personally I think you've got more than enough art for a portfolio already, and including fanart would be fine imo as it shows off your artistic skill just as much.
You don't have to make every request paid if you don't want to, I'm not sure if asking for payment on the request thread might go against site rules about advertising (?) and the majority of us probably don't have money to spend on art as it is so idk. Maybe you could do simpler drawings that don't take as long when you're doing requests, or go with your idea of changing extra to ship it?
I think the best places to advertise would be sites like etsy, reddit, deviantart, Instagram etc, in places where people commission others regularly. Just be prepared for most of your customers to be furries tho cus I've never known any other community to be so obsessed with art commissioning, lol.

Echolight

❤️ love yourself ❤️
ZD Champion
Decided to draw the scene when Zenitsu meets his "crow", Chuntaro.

"Isn't this a sparrow, though?"

Zenitsu Meets Chuntaro

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2F64.media.tumblr.com%2Feef811894c8d24e36588736d0962702c%2Fa192459e33a7ecac-c6%2Fs1280x1920%2F2a4a77cdf7410680ebdce44f076805095fd6c6cf.png&f=1&nofb=1

Echolight

❤️ love yourself ❤️
ZD Champion
Which I still need to watch :whistle:

Isn't the only anime you've seen part of Princess Mononoke? I mean, Demon Slayer is definitely a good anime to start with! You should definitely watch it (:

I'm intrigued by the way you box in your backgrounds. I've seen a couple artists do it, and I'm assuming it's derived from manga or something but it looks really neat in color as you do, adds an interesting touch of depth to have the subject falling out of the frame. As always, your lines are really bold and clean. :eyes:

I'm glad you noticed! As soon as I tossed the idea around of boxing in backgrounds and tried it out, I fell in love with the technique. Before that, I didn't like how big backgrounds could get messy and clutter the page, and distract from the center of the drawing. But drawing a border for it keeps it clean, boxed in, and neat. It's nice and organized, I guess haha. Plus I love the depth it gives, as you said. And yeah, I didn't have manga panels in mind when I started, but soon after I realized that my drawings resembled manga in a way. Which is pretty cool too.

Thank you! <3 I love making bold and thick lines to contrast smaller lines. It's one of the reasons I love the Demon Slayer's art style so much.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Decided to draw the scene when Zenitsu meets his "crow", Chuntaro.

"Isn't this a sparrow, though?"

Zenitsu Meets Chuntaro

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2F64.media.tumblr.com%2Feef811894c8d24e36588736d0962702c%2Fa192459e33a7ecac-c6%2Fs1280x1920%2F2a4a77cdf7410680ebdce44f076805095fd6c6cf.png&f=1&nofb=1

It's insane that that isn't digital art and you actually hand colored it! You're so good at coloring with traditional media. The oranges fade into each other so flawlessly, and I like your background more than the original!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom