• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Eating in Class

Weird thread....
Ok so, do you eat food in class: at school? I don't. And I'm talking in the class room, not lunch and crap.

Linknerd09

Luigi Fan
No. It's a bit awkward. You eating and everyone else just staring you. It's painfully to watch someone else eat in the class and you're starving. It's awkward for you eating in class and/or someone else eating in class.

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
I think it's a little weird. I never did it, unless the entire class was having something. I know the teachers didn't appreciate it.
In college, the teachers didn't care, but I still didn't really see anyone nomming in class.

Akiranon

Fallen Knight
Well, that's why they invented a little thing called a lunch break.

It kind of bothers me when people are eating during lecture. A lot of people in my college love to eat their lunch during class time and use their lunch break to do something else. Why? Because screw logic. That's why.

Zorth

#Scoundrel
Yea, every Thursday and Wednesday since after lunch I'm in school for another 4 hours both those days and I get hungry. In order not to mess up my diet schedule I always bring lunchboxes those days and eat a decent meal around 3PM which is during History or Psychology depending on the day, all I have to do during these classes is just listen anyway so nobody cares as long as I'm paying attention and not making any noise.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
Unfortunately no, simply because some classrooms don't allow it. I have the last lunch at my school, so I'm stuck having to wait hours before I eat. My answer to this thread is "no", I do not eat during my classes.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Nope. We aren't allowed to eat in classrooms at my school. It's because crumbs could attract bugs or mice; it's not an uncommon problem. So there are rules against eating in classrooms in my school. Food has to stay in the cafeteria. But, in the mornings, we are allowed to bring our breakfast into the lobby and eat there, since that's where most students wait for the classrooms to be unlocked in the morning.

bunny

birb overlord
At my school we aren't allowed to eat during classes; however, we can bring snacks for study hall. It's because most of the kids there are at school for most of the day. I myself go from 8:00 AM and don't usually leave until 4:30. You can get pretty hungry in between then, even after lunch. :sweat: Only high schoolers are allowed to bring snacks, though. In fact, high schoolers are the only ones allowed to drink soda at all. Even during lunch. My school's pretty strict. I'm actually surprised they allow us to eat in the class rooms. The floors are even carpeted... Oh well.

Kazumi

chagy
At my high-school the teachers were generally incredibly laid back. As long as you listened to the lecture sometimes they didn't really care what you did. Basically everyone ate during class or was on their phones the whole time, including me. Worked out fine if you ask me.

octorok74

TETTAC
I don't. I find it very rude towards the teacher. I mean, they are teaching and if they have to teach while watching some kid it, that is very disrespectful.. They work hard to try and teach us and that is what happens. So no, I don't eat in class. Unless it's a foods class, because then you have to eat.

Hsien Ko

Thread murderer
In the days of my youth, in school, it was against the rules to eat in class, but during lunch any student can enter the classrooms and eat there in peace. Beats the lunchroom anyday because no one can see you eat.
Still I have problems eating during in class, it's not right, I'll just stare at my meal and throw it away.

Austin

Austin
Most of my teachers in high school said at the beginning of the class whether they were cool with it or not. It didn't really bother me most of the time it unless it was obnoxious smelling. I'd find that offensive in any public situation though, barring something obvious like a restaurant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom