• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Eating Animals that still look like animals

Would you eat meat that still looked like the animal it came from?

• Yes

Votes: 9 69.2%
  • No

Votes: 4 30.8%

• Total voters

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I was inspired by the post of @Ninja in the foods you dislike thread. Can't remember the exact quote but I took from it that he wouldn't eat a fish with the head on because it looked like the animal. This got me thinking because I actually know a few people like this and wanted to find out how many fellow forum dwellers felt this way.

Whole fish or Hog roasts are common meals that involve seeing the entire cooked animal before you. Personally it has never bothered me but still I am curious what others have to say about it.

Ninja

Well well well
It's ironic, I love a good seared piece of salmon, but I can't pick at its open belly while the head is on the table because it sort of freaks me out lol.

We have roasted whole pigs before, and it's amazingly delicious! However I'll just grab whatever meat I want and just eat at a table. Perhaps it's just me giving the animal any shred of dignity it has left by not eating their body "in front" of them.

Reactions: Dio

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
aRRFzaD.png

I don't feel the slightest bit of remorse.

Nicolai

The beast that dwells within the Shoutbox
I've definitely eaten fish and Kalamari before with the head on. I've also had to gut a whole chicken I bought at the store, though that was with no head, feathers, etc. I'm sure it would be grosser seeing the head of a mammal, like a pig or somethin', but I bet I could still eat it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom