• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Easy Way to Re-Color with MS Paint

D

DaltonR6

In this tutorial I am going to show you how to re-color with MS Paint. This way is much easier than clicking on every pixel with a new color.

Open up MS Paint. Open or paste the picture you want to re-color in MS Paint. I am going to make this Green Koopa a Pink Koopa. ( The gloves and scarf stay green)
1.png

Now you need to use the eye-drop tool ( right above the pencil) and take all the different shades of the colors you want to change, and make squares. On this Koopa, there are 3. make the colors by each other like this:
2-2.png

Now, at the top of Paint, click on Colors, then Edit Colors. Click on Define Custom Colors. Decide which shade you want, then get a dark, medium, and light shades of the color. If the picture you are recoloring has more than 3 shades, then you need to pick the same amount of shades. Save the custom colors and make little squares just like the others.
3.png

Close the Edit Colors window. Now, click on the eyedropper. On the color that your changing first ( in this case, dark green), left click it. The color your first changing it to ( The other dark color, in this case dark pink) right click it. Now, click the eraser, then click and hold right one your mouse. Hover the eraser over your pic, and the color will change.
4.png

Do the exact same thing with the other 2 colors.
5.png

When your done, make the canvas smaller ( white background part) so that it just fits the picture. If you dont, the picture will be really small when you save.
Small:
PinkTroopa.png

Normal:
PinkTroopa2.png

(You also may want to make the actual Picture bigger as well)
Then save as PNG. All pics that you make, save as PNG. JPEG mixs the colors in a way and they dont look as good. PNG is best.
6.png

Then your done!
Please leave comments, feedback,criticism ect. below. Thanks!

I am sure this could be useful, heheh.
Thank you very much for the share.
I like specially that is not a complicated to get program, but Paint, hahah.

D

DaltonR6

I am sure this could be useful, heheh.
Thank you very much for the share.
I like specially that is not a complicated to get program, but Paint, hahah.

You are very welcome! :) It comes in handy alot haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom