• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Easy, Medium, Hard

Dan

Even though gaming has has removed many features throughout the years such as point systems, password screens, and beyblades, one feature that has always stood there timelessly the difficulty feature. Let me just say yes I'm aware that was the worst thread opening ever, anyway back to the point, when you start a game and you're given the choice what do you tend to go for, most games have easy medium and hard, but sometimes go by different names, it's still the same. i personally always go for medium myself, and if that proves too hard for me I'll stick the game on easy. In my youth I'd always stick the game on easy first. :P
20130328160216.png

Last edited:

Linknerd09

Luigi Fan
I usually click the easy first and after a few games when I'm get used to it and get better at it, I changed the difficulty feature and pretty much repeat. Dr. Mario was the only repetitive game I play with these kinds of settings.

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
Tend to go for hard. Games these days are pretty short (some of them, anyways, especially the FPSs) so I like a little bit of added challenge which may help me eek out an extra hour or so due to dying and whatnot.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I generally start with the "medium" difficulty, or whatever it's called depending on the game. I like to be able to sit back and enjoy a first playthrough but not so much that it's boring, so I go with the level that allows that sort of thing.

Edit: ^ Probably one of the reason I enjoyed Spirit Tracks and Skyward Sword so much. I know they don't have difficulty settings, but the level they were at was the kind of level I like to start a game out on.

Last edited:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Depends on the series for me. I tend to go with the game's functioning "Normal" mode at first run, but if it's a select series (usually Kingdom Hearts), I pick the hardest mode available.

Kirino

Tatakae
It's pretty much always normal, although if I think the game's going to be really difficult, I'll go on easy, and for certain series', like MGS, I'll go on hard for a different playthrough.

I always click on easy first so that I can easily breeze through the story and already know what's going on. Then I move through the ranks for fun, usually a few months after my first play so that it's fresh in my mind.

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
On the first play through, I usually pick Normal, or Medium. After that I always go with the hardest setting.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Depends...if it's real AI difficulty, hard. If it's fake damage difficulty, medium.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom