• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Easter Eggs in Skyward Sword

In the Lanayru Mining Facility, there is a section of the Dungeon where you have to hit 3 crystals in a certain order.

That order is 2, 3, 1.

TWENTY-THREE IS NUMBER ONE!
*fangirl squeal*

I didn't realized that. But that is pretty freakin' awesome. It could have easily been coincidental, though... I hope it wasn't. :D

I never realized that, but I did notice during the "road to the final boss", the horn that the Bokoblins play is different and sounds like the flute in ALttP. Thought that was very cool.
Ya, I heard about that too, though I didn't notice it when I was playing.

Ochibi

An enthusiastic nobody.
I'm trying to think of more easter eggs, but I can only think of the obvious ones.
Not sure if these are actually Easter Eggs

In the bottom right hand corner of the blackboard there's a 'Love Umbrella' drawn in chalk. When you walk up to it, it will read "Karane + Caw..."
A love umbrella is a symbol that represents an-- well, an umbrella. 2 names are written under it to represent their 'relationship'. It's popular in Japanese Pop Culture.

In Karane's room, on her desk, there is a book with Pipit drawn in it and a love letter.

There's also a love letter in Zelda's Room. I wonder who's it for <w<

I'll try to think of more later D:

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
In Ocarina of Time, that's what the Octorok told you in the Forest Temple. That's the order you had to stun three other Octoroks.

wow wrong it what the deku shrub tells you in the great deku tree its the penultimate one that tells you this before you decend into the heart of the tree to battle gohma

I found two easter eggs.
The first is after you defeat Moldarach (the third boss in the Lanayru Mine), under the sand is the rotating tracks in Spirit Tracks that let you in other temples...I forgot the name of it though..
Other other one is a secret to everyone, so I can't tell you. :P

Like in the first game (The legend of Zelda)
You enter the dungeons walking donw stairs...
That may be an easter egg to the 25th anniversary ;)

S

SlurpeeTigger

I think there is a little tribute to all 15 prior zelda games in this game.

Not sure if this counts as an Easter Egg, but in the boarding school on the 1st floor, you can pick up the barrels and throw them at people. XD My friend figured it out - told me to toss it at the woman in the kitchen. Her reaction was awesome. I also tossed it at Karane (not that I have anything against her! I like her character!). I like how she gets knocked back and clearly reacts, yet, still does not say anything! (and just proceeds to stare at you)

Also, using the Gust Bellows on people...or on Groose's hair.

And Link's face on Groose's punching bag is hilarious.

The love letter side-quest is a reference to the Majora's Mask side-quest where that hand in the restroom asks for paper, so you have to give him some sort of deed, he gives you a heart piece in return. Not sure if you can consider this an easter egg.

LinkPTY

Skyward Wiimote
The love letter side-quest is a reference to the Majora's Mask side-quest where that hand in the restroom asks for paper, so you have to give him some sort of deed, he gives you a heart piece in return. Not sure if you can consider this an easter egg.

I think that's a cameo (even if MM is set after SS).

I'll add a list of easter eggs on the first post.

Not sure if some of these are already mentioned (probably are, I scrolled through the topic to avoid mentioning same ones! But yeah, sorry if I'm repeating something)

- In the Sealed Ground, the ritual Ghirahim performs on Zelda is extremely similar to the ritual performed by Agahnim to the maidens in ALttP
- Levias. Seriously, reminded me so much of Windfish (and also bit of Ocean King and Jabu-Jabu, but, details)
- Silent Realms. they both reminded me of those tear collecting tasks in Twilight Princess (and Guardians remind me of Phantoms in PH)
- When you go to the Skipper's Retreat one of the paintings references Titanic (Skipper's holding someone at the front of the ship in very classic Titanic-pose)
- And there's this "It's a secret to everybody"-spam at one part of the game
- Going to dungeons is very similar to the original game
- Link's face on Groose's punching back

Ochibi said:
In the Lanayru Mining Facility, there is a section of the Dungeon where you have to hit 3 crystals in a certain order.

That order is 2, 3, 1.

TWENTY-THREE IS NUMBER ONE!

Someone pointed that out to me just yesterday! That was so amazing, there are just so many little details in this game.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom