• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Easter Eggs in Skyward Sword

LinkPTY

Skyward Wiimote
I have only noticed the Tingle doll in Zelda's room and I just watched a video showing a garden with some "cats".

What easter eggs have you guys discovered?

List of easter eggs known so far

Tingle doll in Zelda's room and Gaepora taking a bath
Go to the roof of the Knight Academy at night and you'll notice a target in the smokestack. Use the clawshots to grapple yourself over there and drop down. You'll notice Gaepora taking a bath, and if you crawl through the tunnel to the right, you can drop down in Zelda's room. On the desk you'll find the Tingle doll.

Demise spots something
If you take out the bug catching net when you're fighting Demise, you can wave it around his face and he'll stare at it until you put it away.

The 25th anniversary
At the start of the Wing Ceremony, Owlan states it is the 25th anniversary of the ceremony. This is a reference to The Legend of Zelda 25th anniversary.

Going downstairs
When Link enters a dungeon, he goes down the stairs. This may be a reference to the original The Legend of Zelda.

Titanic reference
When you go to the Skipper's Retreat one of the paintings references Titanic (Skipper's holding someone at the front of the ship in very classic Titanic-pose).

Last edited:
I found another one and by using the bug net against Demise in the second fight you can send his lightning strike right back at him to stun him. This was same the thing in ALTTP when you send the magic blast right back at Agahnm in the second fight with him.

R

Rupayan

Well there's kind of an "easter egg" in zelda's room. You can read her diary where she talks about how she really wants to perform the ceremony with Link...

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
As far as I've progressed the only Eggs I noticed are reused BGMs from older LoZ games and certain items that I consider to be Eggs.

Such as Gust Bellows being the Gust Jar from MC if others considers those to be Eggs.

That old leaf guy(can't remember name of race) says "It's dangerous to go alone take this"

LinkPTY

Skyward Wiimote
But what did you mean by a garden with "cats"???

There is a place in Skyloft near the Statue of the Goddess where there are some "cats" (those things that flap their wings when you throw them off the edge). You need the clawshots and need to do it before the end of the game.

Isn't there already an easter egg topic?
Anyway, one of the instructors mentions that it is "the 25th anniversary of our fine establishment". He's talking about the knight academy but it's clearly a reference to the actual Zelda franchise' 25th anniversary
Nah. This one's fine. And yeah, I loved the 25th anniversary reference. I laughed. :lol:

As far as I've progressed the only Eggs I noticed are reused BGMs from older LoZ games and certain items that I consider to be Eggs.

Such as Gust Bellows being the Gust Jar from MC if others considers those to be Eggs.
There's also the Digging Mitts and Mogma Mitts, which are like the Mole Mitts from TMC as well.

As far as the reused background music, ya, there were a few. Did anyone else notice the elements of ALttP's minigame theme in the Bamboo Cutting Game song?

There is a place in Skyloft near the Statue of the Goddess where there are some "cats" (those things that flap their wings when you throw them off the edge). You need the clawshots and need to do it before the end of the game.
Wow. I'm going to have to go check this out. And those cat things are called Remlits. ;)

Ochibi

An enthusiastic nobody.
In the Lanayru Mining Facility, there is a section of the Dungeon where you have to hit 3 crystals in a certain order.

That order is 2, 3, 1.

TWENTY-THREE IS NUMBER ONE!

That old leaf guy(can't remember name of race) says "It's dangerous to go alone take this"

He actually said "It's a secret to everybody." I'd really like SOME reference to IT'S DANGEROUS TO GO ALONE, TAKE THIS (as you can see from my avatar :P). As far as I can remember, we've had none, but numerous secrets to everybody :/

In the Lanayru Mining Facility, there is a section of the Dungeon where you have to hit 3 crystals in a certain order.

That order is 2, 3, 1.

What is that a reference to?

As far as the reused background music, ya, there were a few. Did anyone else notice the elements of ALttP's minigame theme in the Bamboo Cutting Game song?

I never realized that, but I did notice during the "road to the final boss", the horn that the Bokoblins play is different and sounds like the flute in ALttP. Thought that was very cool.

LinkPTY

Skyward Wiimote
Wow. I'm going to have to go check this out. And those cat things are called Remlits. ;)

Now that I remember they are called Lemurís in Spanish. ;)

That order is 2, 3, 1.

That's a good one! Never noticed it. :eek:

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
In Ocarina of Time, that's what the Octorok told you in the Forest Temple. That's the order you had to stun three other Octoroks.

No, Twenty-three is number one was in the Great Deku Tree. The Deku Scrub told you to stun the other Deku Scrubs in that order to enter the boss room.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom