• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Earthquake Hit the U.S East Coast

My geology teacher told me this yesterday around 1, and I was shocked! I mean, they had to evacuate the Capitol and the White House! That's pretty darn serious.

Many people here in Michigan claimed to have felt the 5.9 magnitude quake, but I felt nothing at all. Odd, since the epicenter of the quake was as far away as Virginia. A lot of people suggest that the earthquake was caused by a process called "fracking", as there are no faults in the particular region of the United States. There was a similar magnitude quake near where I currently live (Michigan) a year ago (I think). But I definitely felt that one, since it was a lot closer (Canada?).

I live in Texas, and I didn't notice the Earthquake at all. I was probably too far West to notice it.

And you are probably to far sout to have felt the one that near Trinidad, Colorado that happened before this one on the east coast. I was close enough to feel the one in Colorado because other people in my dorm felt it, but I actually didn't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom