• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Earthbound/Mother

PK Love Omega

PK Flash's Good Twin
Anyone else love this series? I started yesterday, I am level 8 and I just learnt PSI gaming. This game is so awesome :3 I am at Giant's Step

When I got my SNES for my 8th Grade graduation, I picked EarthBound and it is one of my favorite games. My name is base off of it. I've beaten it 3 times and i was doing a 4th run, but i'm taking a break from it. I've been trying to play the other Mother games, but I have a Mac. Mother 3 won't save, and I'm trying to play the Mother 1+2 translation, but it is still in japanese. Hopefully I will play all the Mother games someday, hope there is some kind of trilogy collection released in NA, but that will never happen. The Mother games have a lot of real world references like samples from other songs, most of them from the Beatles, a Mr T look alike, ect.

PK Love Omega

PK Flash's Good Twin
God, the humour in it is funny, too!

And awesome name. If only they release Mother 3 in America. Why didn't they, anyway?

It was a Gameboy Advance game released in 2006 in Japan. The Nintendo DS and PSP were more popular and Nintendo of America thought Mother 3 wouldn't sell well like EarthBound. The localization would've been done in 2008 or 2007 and no body didn't care about GBA games in 2008/2007. Hopefully they will release it on the 3DS Virtual Console.

PK Love Omega

PK Flash's Good Twin
Aww, I deleted my Earthbound save and I got to level 20 or something :P. Loool. And I just got Mother 3, And it seems a bit better in gameplay, graphics and story, but Earthbound has it all, and awesome chars.

Mikau94

Zora Warrior
I love Earthbound! The irony is that when I ready your post I was playing it and was at the same spot. I am a lot farther now. I am going to purchase a copy sometime soon, but for now I am playing the rom. I know ZD doesn't support roms and pirating but I am trying really hard to get a copy. I love the humor and story. The characters are great as well.

butterbiscuit

- Do Not Eat -
It's really too bad that Earthbound didn't sell so well in NA. They advertised the heck out of that game. Posters, commercials, even the box was practically an advertisement. (Really colorful, and about twice the size of other SNES games.) But because the graphics weren't really trying to push the boundaries like other games at the time, it didn't go very well- and all the other RPGs at the time were stuck in medieval times with swords and magic- baseball bats and PSI were just too weird.

If it had gone better, Mother 3 probably would have made it to the states.

KaeporaGaebora

TheOwlSage
I perfer Mother 3, or as it was when first put in devlopment, Earthbound 64. Mother 3 is the darkest and saddest of them all. But it's my favorite because of the good story-telling. Earthbound2/Mother3 is never going to be offically released in America because of the legal battles between NoA and NoJ. The Earthbound/Mother series is never going to make it to any VC or rerelease due to said battles. In all I've played and beatten all 3 of them. I wish though that they would've made Earthbound3/Mother4 BEFORE the series got fully scrapped. Oh well, one can only hope.:(

PK Love Omega

PK Flash's Good Twin
That's only the first earthbound. Play it on an Emulator :P Or by Mother 3 and download the fan translation.

And I take back what I said. After I got Kumotura, The game got so much better

Vibed

must read before he posts
It's illegal if you don't have an actual copy of the game itself. So don't do it *hint, hint*

I've really wanted to try the series, I've just never found the time.

I know a lot of people who use emulators. Even though it's illegal, Nintendo doesn't care. The only way to play EB0/Mother 1 and Mother 3 in english is emulator.Copies of EarthBound usually cost from $80 to $300, maybe a little less and even a little more. Unless you have a lot of money, you have to play EB on an emulator. My copy of EB isn't working right now and I'm trying to find ways to make it work, I'm not going to spend another $85 or use emulation because emulation is a pain.:mad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom