• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Earthbound/Mother

Earthbound is a lot of fun just because of how goofy it is. Yeah, sure, I love all (er, most) JRPGs no matter what, but this one stands out because of its goofiness. It throws in pop culture jokes, plays the story out in a setting that no other RPGs have EVER done, and had some pretty awesome music (Pokey Means Business was pretty revolutionary with the heavy metal section) and graphics (TRIPPIN' OUT, BRO.)

It's illegal if you don't have an actual copy of the game itself. So don't do it *hint, hint*
I'm a little unsure if that applies with the two games that weren't released. It might apply since Nintendo included some stuff about the series in the Smash Bros. games, but due to the fact that the full games were not released, they might be okay. Again, not totally sure.

PK Love Omega

PK Flash's Good Twin
^^ Yes!

I love the little jokes and easter eggs (when you run into a statue to make a boulder fall and go down the hole, you can do it on the right hand side and you'll die XD)
And the music? One of the best thing about the series
[video=youtube;GqssqPvvqZc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqssqPvvqZc[/video]
[video=youtube;K0OVbqOJFJs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0OVbqOJFJs&feature=related[/video]
[video=youtube;h1WVyd_kwys]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1WVyd_kwys&feature=related[/video]

All are masterpieces *-* Not only that, but it took 13 years of production and PAID off. There are awesome characters with PERSONALITY. (I didn't feel it in E:cool: It has a better story than Earthbound(I mean much more touching) and doesn't require you running round looking for 3 children to help you. (I am not offending the game, but you actually take turns in M3, Instead of just being one character)

If I were you, I would buy it now and get an emulator or put the enlish patch inside the cart. (A bit of legal hacking) because it has great controls, the awesome Mother graphics, a touching story and a very good battle system. (That has awesome skills like PK Fire, Freeze and thunder, which is only what my Kumotora has now :D)

Earthbound is definetly a great game, but there was something 3 had that EB didn't =/

PK Love Omega

PK Flash's Good Twin
I am onto Chapter 5 and chasing the Clayman, and I'm about to face off with the pork dude. If you haven't got Mother 3.

GET IT NOW!

amaterasu

Writer
i havn't personally played the games, but i have watched Chuggaaconroy of Youtube.com play them, and i'm hooked. I think my favorite quote is...

Wess: Duster, you are.....

AN EVEN BIGGER MORON THAN PREVIOUSLY THOUGHT!

oh, and Kemp WHATEVER YOU DO, DO NOT

FIGHT THE ULTIMATE CHEMERIA. IT IS AN INSTAGAME OVER MAN!!!!

PK Love Omega

PK Flash's Good Twin
Lol, those aren't even spoilers. The Wess quote is from Chapter 2 when you take home a vase and I know about the Chimeria thing.

I saw a copy of EarthBound at a used game stand and immediately picked it up. (I actually happened to be wearing an EarthBound shirt at the time. The guy running the stand said, "nice shirt," and I replied with, "nice cartridge.") I told him I didn't actually have a system and just wanted the game for the sake of having it. He told me I could have the game and the system for an even $100 so I went for it.

When Mother 3 came out, I imported it as soon as I could. I tried it once to make sure it worked, but other than that it's remained in its plastic bag. I would still have the box, but it was lost during a move along with some other rare items. (NOTE: I didn't play the cartridge, but I did play the fan translation. So good.)

So yeah, definitely an EarthBound fan here.

Ever since Operation Rainfall has started, a lot of fan campaigns started to appear and guess what, there is a fan campaign for EarthBound/MOTHER. It is called "Operation Starstorm." The operation is trying to get all of the MOTHER(and get EarthBound a re-release) games an official release in other places besides Japan and official ports/remakes. Not only that, but Operation Starstorm is trying to get Nintendo to make a MOTHER 4. Just google "Operation Starstorm" to sign a petition and go to their facebook page. A lot of people did this kinda thing before but failed. If you want to see a possible remake of the three MOTHER games and play MOTHER 4, then join this operation and lets hope this works(I doubt it, but lets give it a shot).

Conor

the over analysing guy
You do realise Shigesati Itoi has actually said he's never going to make Mother 4, right? and due to a myriad of copyright issues with all the pop culture references in earthbound it's very unlikely it'll get any form of re-release.

Itoi did say that he wanted a MOTHER 4, but he doesn't want to make it so any developer can make a new MOTHER game. I'm just mentioning Operation Starstorm because it might be fun to join this operation. I do hope it works(which I don't think it is) but anything can happen.Watch this video.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrbBydaKG1k&feature=channel_video_title[/video] The Sonic series ripped off a lot of things too, not just the music. The Death Egg is exactly like the Death Star From Star Wars. Super Sonic=Super Saiyan, and other things.

Conor

the over analysing guy
But if you compare the popularity of a series like sonic compared to the lesser known, but still amazing earthbound, it doesn't look too optimistic, and stuff like that isn't too risky, The enemy Dali's clock as a minute example wouldn't be allowed, as salvador dali apparently has a very strict legal team or something, who don't like his name being used anywhere without permission.

I think in MegaMan X 3 all of the bosses were named after band members from Guns n Roses. Capcom literally copied names from real people and they didn't get sued. I actually don't know how Dali will find out about that clock, Nintendo can just change the name(Like Moli's Clock, no one will notice). Also EarthBound isn't as popular as Sonic, but it is the most wanted Virtual Console game, so a lot of retro gamers know about EB. If a series is more popular, won't people know more about it and therefore more people will try to sue the company? Sega didn't get sued yet because I guess no body cares. Though I do understand you 100% and by the way, did you click on my link?

Conor

the over analysing guy
I'm glad we see eye to eye on the matter, I don't want argue with you, as we're both obviously fans of mother, no I didn't click the link, maybe after hanging around on starmen.net so long drained all of my optimism for the series getting any kind of reboot, ah well, at least we can look forward to the mother 4fan game

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom