• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Early Start/Early Finish, or Late Start/Late Finish?

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
Early start/early finish. I've always been that weird kid who wakes up at six in the morning because I literally can't sleep in. I'd rather get my work done as early as possible so I can enjoy the remainder of the day.

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
Early start, early finish definitely.

When you're in work, days when you start at 12PM feel exactly the same as days when you start earlier at like 7AM or 8AM. Maybe it's because you still have that feeling that you have to get up off your ass and do something. When I'm in late, all I'm doing with my time anyway is just sitting around waiting to go in, so I'd rather go in early and have the rest of the day.

Of course, specific to this thread, what I said above also applies to school.

This exactly when it comes to work. In my old job I used to do a shift starting at 5pm and all I'd do is spend the whole day waiting for 5pm. It's a waste of a day.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
Start late/finish late for me. I absolutely detest getting up early (and for me everything before 11 is considered early), I'm dead tired no matter how many hours of sleep I manage to catch (even if it's within the amount of hours that I need). I struggle with falling asleep in the evening, but can easily fall back asleep in the morning if woken up. I'm basically a night owl, and would be best suited to work nights, really.

I get the argument about having the rest of the day off if you start early, but honestly, if my head is pounding because I'm tired or I struggle to stay awake (that is until the late evening when most others start feeling tired, then I'm suddenly wide awake and can forget about sleeping), then that time doesn't really feel that well used. Besides if I have a late shift, I can easily enjoy several hours of activities before sleeping, and I'd rather have fewer hours that I can really enjoy than more hours that I can't because I don't feel. However, if I had worked nights, then I would get to work when people slept, sleep when people worked and have the same free time all rested up.

Depends on my mood and variable circumstances. My work schedule tends to fluctuate between days and nights and number of hours per day. It can be a tad difficult to predict at times, so I just go with the flow. Working two jobs and/or attending college made things problematic, though. Its easier for me once I find a way to effectively build my leisure/sleep schedule around work (and school, where applicable), however.

Claire

The Geekette
Early start/early finish.

I'm not a morning person by any means, but I'd rather get everything I need done as soon as possible. It's nice to have the rest of the day, which is typically warmer, to be outside or spending time with my boyfriend (or both). I used to start work at 6:00AM, which was ideal during the summertime. I did the same with college courses and I continue to do this with assignments. Free time to work and get feedback from professors on projects. Win-win.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom