• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Early Releases in America

M

mindavsnavi

So Im on Twitch TV and he was playing skyward sword from Chicago. Well I asked him how he got it and he told me he got it from Target and that they gave it to him early. Now, Im not sure if he was telling the truth or not but i've seen several other people playing it on Twitch TV. Has anyone else got the the game early without pirating or being part of the press?

blubb

Ash Gala Wonderful!
I can't tell anything about American early releases but about European ones. Here, the game is officially released on Nov. 18 but I heard of several Swiss people who ordered from a certain online store (don't remember the name) that they already got the game shipped on Nov. 11. I think it was just a mistake by the store and I guess the same could've happened in the US.

RedDekuScrub

Red as the Crimson Sun
People who have it in America have it illegally. They bribe Gamestop employees and such to get a early copy. Gamestop and other gaming store employees also illegal sell them on Ebay and other websites. The only people who have it legally in America are reporters and editors of magazines or websites. These people get early copies from Nintendo to write reviews. No, there is no early releases, people have obtained it early through illegal methods.... It's a real shame, I (and others I know) are going to do the right thing and wait until November 20th.

I agree Red, I am waiting and going to obtain it the honorable and honest way. Getting it free illegally is some crap, besides I love the feeling of buying something like this that I don't get a chance to very often. It gives me a feeling of pride and accomplishment, like I earned it! :) Which I know I have, we all have!

M

mindavsnavi

He paid for it and he got it early without bribing from target

Rofang

Person
I'm not trying to be incredibly antagonistic by asking this, but what law do you suppose is being broken if an employee sells a copy of a game before its release date? (Assuming the employee didn't pocket the money or something.) What penalty do you suppose would be imposed on the employee and/or customer by the judicial system?

Edit: A more in-depth discussion can be found here. As far as I can tell, it's not illegal, but the store may or may not be fined via contractual agreement with the publisher (but the publisher would have to find out and be willing to seek said fine).

That said, I couldn't find any stores whose employees were willing to sell it to me tonight. ;)

Last edited:

jugglaj91

I am me....
Wow, it is OoT3D all over again. A couple of my friends had gotten OoT3D early when Target had put them out on a tuesday and then subsequently pulled the remaining 2 copies from the shelf. Also, I am friends with Gamestop employees and no matter how much I beg I could never get it early. Shows that I actually have a semi trustworthy GS for me. The manager wouldnt even let me in to play SS demo while they were pre ringing for Skyrim....meanie lol.

And how is it illegal to have bought a copy early. Regardless of whether the employee did it purposefully or not it still is saved to his name on the sale slip. So no matter what S/he would get punished or somehow disciplined. All it does is mean Nintendo won't ship out early anymore.

zeldahuman

Graphic Designer
Well, some reviewers and people who paid extra in a variety of regions (mostly in the UK) have gotten copies early. Some people who paid extra for the game are probably the ones going videos on YouTube, Justin.tv and Twitch.TV. Some people just got lucky, but no worries, only 6 days until Skyward Sword hits shelves!

... I myself have the pirated demo... I have to wait for the game in it's entirety like everyone else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom