• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Early Final Boss

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
I'm hearing this being spread around that you can just go to the final boss right off the bat based on something that was said in an interview:

aonuma said:
Users may not actually get the full story depending on how they play this game and how they strategize and solve puzzles. Users are able to go to the very end goal without revealing why Link woke up the way he did and where he did. Whether you want to reveal the storyline and find out why Link woke up, or you want to just go straight to the goal, that’s an option totally up to the user […] Anybody who can go straight to the goal without doing anything else — there’s two possibilities. Either they’re a really good gamer, or they could be somebody that’s a little bit crazy. But it’s not impossible. I created the game like that.

But I think this interpretation that you can just waltz right into the boss is incorrect.

1. That would be stupid
2. Ganon isn't even in a physical form
3. You can't kill Ganon without the master sword
4. See 1

I think this meant that you can do all of the objectives needed to battle the final boss without seeing the full plot (maybe just some dungeon cutscenes here or there), and without going to those yellow spots in the map where they reveal info and what you have to do. I don't think there's more than maybe a 5% chance that you can just walk in and say oh here comes Ganon dat boi waddap

Just going to refer to this section:
"Users are able to go to the very end goal without revealing why Link woke up the way he did and where he did. Whether you want to reveal the storyline and find out why Link woke up, or you want to just go straight to the goal, that’s an option totally up to the user"
This to me does not even remotely imply that you don't have to do anything to get to the final boss, just that you can skip all of the plot points if you wander around and find out what to do. I just don't see it as possible any other way.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
My thoughts are it would be stupid to be able to walk into the final boss fight straight away. I think there should be progression of events in the game world itself. Ganon is trying to break his seal so I would have thought that would have to occur during the game after certain objectives have been completed first. And like you said. You need the master sword to defeat Ganon. It wouldn't be right at all to have him done in with a woodcutters axe.

That sounds more to me like you can play the main game without getting any of the facts.

Like plot A is kill Ganon, and plot B is optional information gathering.

Also, I like the idea of early final boss. That would mean the game will actually acknowledge that you beat it, no more staring at THE END until you reset.

Last edited:
I'm hearing this being spread around that you can just go to the final boss right off the bat based on something that was said in an interview:
This does not mean you can waltz to the end fo the game really quickly. It could also mean choices you make in the game or how you play the game prevents you from finding out how and why Link wakes up and other stpry line information.

This makes the game story wise feel more like Xenoblade Chronicles X. Beat the main game, and get the base story. But you have to hit the side quests and optional side content to get the full story about the characters. If this is true, then it's a very good idea, one I totally approve of.

I think this will be something like Lavos in Chrono Trigger. You can fight him at pretty much any point in the game, but entering without strong equipment leads to a quick game over. I welcome the idea in having a fully open world.
I thought about this. Sure it's one option, but I don't think Aonuma would do this. They would want you to play quite a bit of the game before you get to the ending.

Also without a new game plus there would be go way to beat the end boss very early on without some mad skills. Impossible in Chronotrigger because it's level based but in BotW if you have the required items early enough on, it would be possible if you had mad enough skills.

Aonuma confirmed that it is possible to get to the final boss within 20 or so minutes, but he also gave the disclaimer that people who took that course of action would most likely get killed. What I take away from that is that it is remotely possible to kill Ganon early on, but it would be really dang hard.

Getting to the end boss without out revealing how Link woke up does not mean you can rush to the end of the game. It could very well be, how Link woke up is told in optional side quests. You still ahve to beat the game, but like in XCX the main story is short but the side quests make up for it.

Getting to the end boss without out revealing how Link woke up does not mean you can rush to the end of the game. It could very well be, how Link woke up is told in optional side quests. You still ahve to beat the game, but like in XCX the main story is short but the side quests make up for it.
Aonuma specifically said "Really ambitious gamers might be able to get to the final boss as early as 20 minutes into the game"

"Anybody who can go straight to the goal without doing anything else — there's two possibilities," Aonuma said. "Either they're a really good gamer, or they could be somebody that's a little bit crazy. But it's not impossible. I created the game like that.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
Aonuma specifically said "Really ambitious gamers might be able to get to the final boss as early as 20 minutes into the game"
Can you please show this source? I watched the livestream and I did not hear this.

Assuming you are correct for a second here:
This does not mean there is a single method to beat the last boss. There could be different final boss phases depending on how much of the game you've done. This could result in different game endings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom