• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Earliest Zelda Memories

Destiny

Single❒Taken❒Assassin✔
Another momment of mine is when I came home from school and my mom, being sick and being one who scolded me on my Zelda game playing, was sitting in front of the tv with the N64 out playing OoT. I was like.. "Mom?.."
She said, "Oh my god this is great!" And now she wont' leave my video games alone xD

Kybyrian

Hmm... best Zelda memory...

It certainly has to be Ocarina of Time whenever you collect the Cuccos for the Cucco Lady. I'm not sure why, but it's actually one of the few memories I had of Ocarina of Time after not playing it for a few years. It just stuck in my head, but I always remember how fun the entire game was.

Playing the part in OoT in Gerudo 's Fortress and the Spirit temple with my best bud. It was like my 3rd time playing it through and i still had trouble sneaking past the guards, so we woud take turns trying to finish it. Also playing the first LoZ with the same guy and failing at it. :P

bigflyingpotato

Watch out!
Ah, several years back I started Oracle of Ages before I was even into Legend of Zelda, and I only got a couple temples in. This year I got Oracle of Ages for my birthday since I lost the old copy, and playing through the first parts and hearing the music again was pure nostalgia.
Also, when Link turned into a wolf for the first time in Twilight Princess, I was watching my brother play and that's what got me hooked on the series I think. I was amazed.

Toon_Link

Super Awesome Member
I was about 6-7, and I was playing OoT, and I used to think Hyrule Field was this super huge ginormous field. So I had to explore every inch of it, and I was playing as a child (I didn't even know you could play as an adult at the time) then all of a sudden it turned to night, and the Stalchilds started appearing it scared me so badly I turned the game off, and ran out of my room. I remember when I was over at some kid's house (I wouldn't consider him a friend since he was a spoiled little brat) we were playing OoT, and he showed me that you could turn into an adult, and then he showed me the castle town when you're an adult it freaked me out 'cause of the ReDeads, and their shreaking. I don't know why some of the best memories I've had playing Zelda were when I got scared, well maybe it's just that I laugh at that now that it doesn't scare me anymore.

O

Oihana

First time I ever even heard of Zelda was in 1998 when OoT was released (I got the year right, right? correct me if I'm wrong) I was just a kid then, and I walked into the living room to see my older brother and his friend playing the beginning of the game. Kokiri Forest was the very first Zelda location I ever remember seeing. So I have my brother to thank for my Zelda obsession!

bbevington90

The Mask Salesman
My first memory of the Zelda series was playing ALttP at my friend's house. I had no idea about the series, but he loved the series, and over time I did too. I remember helping him get through some of the dungeons. I was always the one good at the fighting portion, and he was always good at figuring out the puzzles. I ended up buying OoT when it came out and the rest is history.

ZeldaMaster

Lightning Farron
My earliest memory was first playing WW since then I've continued to borrow The Legend of Zelda Collectors Edition just to play OoT and MM

DuckNoises

Gone (Wind) Fishin'
The first time I played a Zelda game was at age 7 or 8, in a grocery store, of all places. There was an N64 set up, and there was Ocarina of Time and Banjo-Kazooie set up and playable. I played a bit of both, not knowing what either of them were, but I had a blast. I remember walking from Kokiri Forest to Hyrule Field, and I listened to the Hyrule Field theme over and over again, just wandering around. After the in-game sun set (a real feat for its day), I ran away from the Stalchilds and escaped into Castle Town. I remember meeting Malon (whom I believe I referred to then as "chicken girl"), and I was pretty confused as to why the guards wouldn't let me through the gate to Hyrule Castle. :P
That grocery store didn't have an N64 for much longer. :( I remember coming back maybe a year later and leaving disappointed, having not found the N64.
I wouldn't own Ocarina of Time for a long time after that, though.

I suppose my first formal introduction to the Zelda series was playing Oracle of Seasons, a few years after I got my first Game Boy. I saw my friend playing it on his Game Boy Colour, and I was intrigued with its shenanigans. So, I asked my parents for it and got it for my next birthday, and I loved it. I then tried to find more and more of the games as they came out, and borrowed or played others with my friends.

Jedizora

:right:
I was at my cousins house when i ws 7 and he had WW. i really only played for about 30 seconds because he could'nt figure out how to use the telescope to look at the post man.

penguinboy82

Nature's troll
Actually, (and you kight think this is lame) but I wanted (yes, wanted) to learn how to read because of OoT. My mom would be sitting there playing it, and I got upset every time because I couldn't read the words. To this day, I am fond of THOSE memories, because they involved a few of my (nowadays) favorite things. Learing, reading, my mom, and the obvious, ZELDA! FTW!!! Also, I was OoBer excited when I finally beat MM, because, to this day, it was and is the only Zelda game that I have beat and my mom has not. I don't get it. How could a game with a time limit be "too confusing" or "there's too much to do!"?

Last edited:

knowlee

Like a river's flow, it never ends...
Ah, my earliest Zelda memories. I recall the first time I actually played Zelda. I was around maybe 7-8-years-old and I was over at my grandparents house where they had a NES and some games. One of them, you guessed it, was the original LoZ. I remember looking at the game as I was deciding what game I would try to play. (I wasn't much of a gamer at this time.) I decided that I would play LoZ and I popped it into the system. Once I started myself a new game on there I started to walk around, kill octorocks, and would die at times. I got as far as the beginning of the first dungeon before I died numerous times and decided "forget it, this is too hard" and shut off the game.

I didn't get into the game until much later when my family had a SNES. My mom bought ALttP from the store one day, and me being a bit curious decided that I would play it. I remember getting immersed into the game and could find myself getting a bit farther than I did in the original although I still died at the first boss. My cousin would come over during some days and I would watch him play it. He would get much farther into the game than I would and I was content with watching him at the time. Then of course there came the days that he didn't come around for a while and I got tired of waiting for him to come over and play so I could watch. Thus, I decided that I would start my own game on there and try my best to beat it. Remembering what I saw him do in the first three dungeons I was able to find myself beating them and eventually found myself fighting Agahnaim and entering the Dark World.

I also remember playing MM and getting so engrossed in the game that it would be all I would think about. I also remember being so excited that I beat the game for the first time. That was the first Zelda game that I had beaten so it felt like I had accomplished something great. :)

my first Zelda memory is actually one of my best memories period. I grew with a kind of rough childhood. my parents had some really bad issues and my mom was angry all the time. one of my neighbors (her god-son and pretty much my brother) had A Link To The Past and for some odd reason she decided to play it and loved it. this is the only game she's ever played. fast forward a little while and she decides to get me a Super Nintendo so we can play Zelda without borrowing his. I remember one night I was about 3 or 4 and she got up at midnight and tried to beat the Ice Palace and I got up to see what she was doing. she ended up letting me stay up until 3 in the morning with her. this was the happiest I had ever seen my mom as a kid and I always ALWAYS cherish that memory. it's what keeps me going back to Zelda every time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom