• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Earliest Zelda Memories

Aero_Dynamic

エアロダイナミック
When I got the Wind Waker in the mail i was like"ITS HERE!!!!!!! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!! YEEES!!!!" lol

mine was when i was too little to read but i would still sit and beg my older sister to read out loud to me and let me watch when she played. i felt so accomplished when i finallly started playing myself lol

D

Donahue

I remember playing Majora's Mask when I was 5 and being afraid to leave Clock Town.

Ocarina of Time was one of the games that made me fall in love with video games. Of course, I rarely played it and had to sneak behind my cousin to do so, but it was amazing.

Cel-Shaded Deku

Ha ha, charade you are!
Rapin' your churches, burnin' your women!
Playing OoT with my dad. Back then I was five so most of the time I would just cut the grass in Kokiri Forest, play with the hookshot and cuccos in Kakariko, or watch my dad play the later parts of the game. Sometimes I would fight the stalchildren in Hyrule field and eventually I got the courage to try to beat the first dungeon but I needed a lot of help.

EternalNocturne

Fluffy hair!
When I was so much younger, I saw a commercial on the TV with a girl trapped in a cage or something. This was back in, um... 2002 - 2003-ish. She was narrating and throughout the entire commercial, and I was thinking, "Ugh, it's one of those 'save-the-princess' things again. This game looks so boring."

How wrong I was. I've been beating myself up for not getting into Zelda sooner. XD I found out much later that the commercial I saw was the one of The Wind Waker.

HMPH. >_<

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
My earliest Zelda memories? Oh boy as I said before I only became familiar with Zelda like two years ago but of course I did know the name. My earliest memories with Zelda must have been at the SSBB game for the Wii when I had to fight Link always at the beginning. Soon after I bought PH and I always have memories of me playing the game while it was dark outside and very cold. My hands were hurting but I didn't care because I loved playing it so much

My earliest Zelda memories are from around about when I was two or three, and decided that I would play on my brothers copy of Ocarina of Time. I can remember getting as far as the Goron City before I either stopped playing the game to play on Diddy Kong Racing (an old favourite) or Mario Kart 64 (also an old favourite, before I realised how awesome Ocarina of Time really was).

I can remember trying to get across the bridge in Kokiri Village to talk to that girl, and failing many times because I wasn't really that good with making Link run in a straight line so that he didn't fall off. I can't really remember before that, or much else in the actual village after that, I just remember running around the Lost Woods and beating the Great Deku Tree, before going to Hyrule Castle, and talking to Princess Zelda. I remember getting frustrated at the fact that I didn't know how to get pasts that guards for a long time, and that I had to keep paying 10 rupees before I realised that you could climb up the wall.

Other than that, I spent a fair amount of my time running around Zora's River and Kakariko Village.

Beeker

Wild Card
The earliest place I remembered Link was in SSBM. Even with the trophy info, I didn't seemed to care much about Zelda. It was around 2004 that I played OoT on the Collectors Edition, and the one thing I remember from that was getting stuck at Jabu-Jabu. I had no idea how to get inside him, and I gave up until I got my hands on Twilight Princess and Phantom Hourglass, when I fully realized how awesome Zelda is.:P

Funny how one of my first memories is one of anger.:lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom