• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

EA Giving Away Sims 2 Ultimate Edition on Origin

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Just thought I'd make a thread about it since it's quite generous and people might want to replay this gem and might not have seen the news.

Right now if you go on EA's Origin (which you can download for free) and Redeem the product key "I-Love-The-Sims" you'll get the Sims 2 Ultimate Edition for free! So that's Sims 2 along with every expansion pack to date. Quite a generous offer. And as an added little bonus Peggle is also free, you should get a pop-up about it when accessing the My Games tab of Origin or if you just find it in the store. Both are limited time offers.

Free stuff! Good guy EA.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
I took up this offer earlier today, it is quite nice of EA to do this. I've never played The Sims 2 before, I passed on it in favour of continuously playing the first entry of the series, which I already owned every expansion pack for bar one. The only reason I have an Origin account is because I have the base version of The Sims 3, which I've had for years and never bought an expansion for it. I doubt I'll play The Sims 2 much, but thinking about it a lot makes me want to install all my old original The Sims discs...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 14134

Haha nice try, this is obviously a poor attempt to troll as EA never gives away anything for free.

Ganondork

goo
Be advised that this copy of The Sims 2 Ultimate Edition has SecuROM installed, which is a form of DRM. Check the Wikipedia page for it to see what kind of problems can be a result of secuROM being in the game.

A website I found showed that it's possible to remove it. I'm not sure how reliable the source is, but it's worth a shot. The link is here.

I'm impartial on EA, but this was kind of crummy for them to do. Not enough for me to grab my pitchfork, but still an irritating move.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom