• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

E3 Zelda Predictions

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
E3 (Electronic Entertainment Expo) is happening on June 2nd through the 4th this year, which is only a couple of short weeks away. Shigeru Miyamoto stated last time that the Zelda team was hard at work, of course, and it seems this year that Satoru Iwata is promising big things. He's appologized to fans for the poor showing at E3 last year, and has stated there will be big software announcements at E3.

Of course, we had Spirit Tracks announced earlier this year at GDC, but I thought I'd see what people predict might be shown at E3. Then we could look back afterwards and see if anyone was on the money.

Myself, I expect the following:

- a Spirit Tracks release date, possibly mid to late November. More recently, TP was released in November, PH in October. It would make sense to get the game on the shelf in time for the holiday season.

- at least one DSi exclusive feature for Spirit Tracks previewed. I know the game isn't a DSi exclusive, but I would expect some kind of feature you can only have on the DSi shown.

- a teaser trailer for a new Zelda Wii title with no specific date given, possibly just "Coming Soon" or "2010". I know we had Spirit Tracks already this year, but a console Zelda hasn't been ANNOUNCED (not released) since E3 2004. Announcing 2 Zelda titles in one year will really boost Nintendo fan morale as well, which would be a good move right now, especially since last year's E3 left fans quite cold.

- Wii Motion Plus confirmed to be useable in a new Zelda Wii title. It seems a bit odd that they announced this attachment at last year's E3 for a spring release and it's been delayed. Maybe a bigger release announcement is due. Also, 1 to 1 sword play being featured in WiiSports resort seems like a natural for a Zelda title.

I know this might seem like a greedy amount of Zelda predictions, but looking at past announcements and track record, this kind of Zelda news doens't seem that far fetched.

Also, just a clarification, I'm not starting this thread to get into what possibly a new Zelda title would be about, or if you do or don't like the idea of DSi or Wii Motion Plus features. This is about literally what will possibly be shown at E3.

Let the speculation begin!

www.zeldainmypocket.com
Good thread. Hmmm... I'd have to say that I pretty much agree with you there. I think a trailer for a Wii game might be a bit too soon. It seems a little iffy. I would expect them to announce something about a Wii Zelda, however. They probably will say something about the Wii Motion Plus in relation to it, assuming that they'll have anything to say at all.

My guess it that it will mostly be about Spirit Tracks, maybe another video. Heck- if we're lucky, we might even get a timeline placement for it!

That's just my take on it. I can only wonder what the future holds...

Yes, this IS quite a good thread.

Well, I assume that we will get more information on Spirit Tracks. Maybe some box art, character info, trailers, screens, and a release date for Japan. I think we will alto get more information on Wii Motion Plus in relation to the Zelda series. I think it would work beautifully in a Wii game. But most of all I want to see some information on a new Wii Zelda! We know that they have been developing one and I hope they think it's time to unveil it at this year's E3!

angelkid

TRR = SWEET
Well tbh this years E3 is gonna be big. They will certainly be making some announcements about spirit tracks, and I would say that the new zelda wii will at least get a mention.

Also, on other games. I expect lots on 'Soul Silver' and 'Heart Gold,' and also, I'd say we are going to get some announcements with regards to a new Mario title or maybe even metroid or something similar.

BoxTar

i got bored and posted something
I want to see some kind of Zelda console Zelda, like any other Zelda fan at this point. I am not getting my hopes up though, because it is unlikely they will announce two Zeldas in one Year. But, as someone said before, it would definetly boost their popularity and the cash they reel in.

Here's hoping a good console game comes!

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
In last year's E3, Shigeru myiamoto said that Nintendo will not make it's big announcements on the E3, anymore.

So I don't hope that there will be any great news about Spirit Tracks.
In fact, I am dazed that Pokémon Heart Gold and Soul Silver haev much more info revealed and were announced much later than Spirit Tracks was

A

AW9000

Speaking of motion plus, I dont care for it that much, but it would be cool if we could have link with a special two sword combat idea, but then where does the nunchuck go? And if the is a new zelda coming for wii hopefully its not the same ganon is revived deal, and we have something like what majoras mask had.

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
As I stated above, this thread is more on general predictions on what will be shown, not theories on what the game will be about, or if you do or don't like the new technology. It's also not so much an "if" or "I wonder" thread as it is predictions. More "place your bets" than anything I suppose.

I think just about the smartest thing Nintendo could do is give us ANY info about the Zelda Wii game everyone has been waiting for. Like you said, basement, Nintendo fan morale really isn't the best right now, and I think a huge Zelda Wii game announcement would change all of that. They could just tell us that it's "coming soon", and I would be happy. Furthermore, it'd really set up a good opportunity for them to have fan anticipating a DS and Wii game at the same time, which would further the excitement by having two awesome new games at one time.

But, with ST being just released, it doesn't look like it'll happen. I'm just saying it would be the smartest thing for Nintendo to release at E3.

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
Well, so far the release date for ST is set for 02 DECEMBER 2009. Of course, that can always change, but I doubt it will, seeing as the release would be in time for Christmas.

I definitely think they'll mention something about either Wii Motion Plus or the Balance Board being compatible with the upcoming console Zelda. I also think they'll give us some more information on the upcoming console Zelda after they give us more details on ST.

I think we'll get a pretty decent amount of new info on Spirit Tracks, as it is set to be released later this year.

I also think we will see something of the next console Zelda. Perhaps a trailer with an unspecified release date as you said, basement24.

As for Wii Motion Plus... I'm not certain on that, although I suppose it would make sense. At any rate, I expect something a bit different for the next console Zelda. I just pray it doesn't follow TP's realistic graphical style... -.-

I would not get my hopes up for any Zelda Wii news at E3.
Remember last years E3, and all the people who were upset cause they got there hopes up.

I just really don't see Nintendo letting the cat out of the bag(so to speak)just yet.
I could be wrong but I think that Spirit Tracks is Nintendo's big Zelda game for the year.

L

Legendary Chaos

All i want 2 see in E3 is a trailer for zelda wii. i'm not that excited about Spirit Tracks, unless it becomes significant to the zelda timeline.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
I would hate if the balance board was necessary for a future zelda game!They are expensive, occupy a lot of space, and I really don't wanna buy one:(
But, as I said earlier, I don't think that there will be any great announcements, as Shiggy said last year, they'll make the big announcements at private press conferences rather than E3 and the like

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom