• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild E3 Trailer/Discussion

I thought I'd go ahead and get a thread a going since we have a name and a much more detailed look at the gameplay now. Official title is The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild.

Here's the official trailer:

Last edited:
I'm interested to see how this all plays out. It almost looked like an open world RPG to me, to be honest. Also, voice acting will take some getting used to with Zelda, even if it's used sparingly.

Dan

So yeah I am officially excited for this game and cannot wait to play it. It looked beautiful and extremely sexy.
Link looks like such a versatile little badass in this game. I can't wait to cut down trees and climb mountains. :)

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles
So yeah I am officially excited for this game and cannot wait to play it. It looked beautiful and extremely sexy.
Link looks like such a versatile little badass in this game. I can't wait to cut down trees and climb mountains. :)

Versatile in his weapons as well. But the Master Sword is there as well, so I wonder if Link will be skilled with all weapons from the start or will he have to increase his skill with various weapon types.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
how the **** is the master sword rusted away? damn Link does a poor job at upkeep.

anywho, I'm going to cool down with EPIC HYPE and move over with more complaints...the ENEMY DESIGN. Holy **** those bokoblins (or whatever they are) look like comical enemies. why must they stick with that TWW/SS design philosophy? make the enemies look like threats, not cartoons. :P

It looks like we've also got different tunics and quite possibly the ability to sneak around rather than approaching enemies directly. It all looks really, really different from the old Zeldas. But at the same time, I'm impressed. Overall, this is definitely the best game I've seen this E3 by a large margin.

First impressions:

1.) Voice acting is in the game. Words cannot explain how relieved I am that this Zelda game won't be lacking voices in 2017. The bits we got sounded decent as well, although I've found out I'm immune to bad voice acting for the most part.

2.) "Breath of the Wild" is the stupidest 3D title name we've gotten so far. I understand that the title is usually indicative of the plot, but "Breath of the Wild" seems far too generic even for a Zelda game. This could change of course with more context or with hindsight next year. Also, it just doesn't role off the tongue like past 3D titles, which is a shame.

3.) Exploration and the environment is finally in the forefront once again, which is why the title makes some degree of sense. The vast and varied environments are giving me Xenoblade Chronicles X vibes, which is exactly what I had hoped.

4.) Was the Master Sword rusted? This would seem to indicate that it takes place very late in the timeline, perhaps at the tail-end of the Child or Downfall.

PalaeoJoe

The Diplomatic Dinosaur
This is exiting, the game feels strange to me but it seams to be meeting my expectations. I'm not used to the art style at this point it feels too cell shaded. During the first teaser trailer I thought the art style was perfect, but seeing it now it looks like I will have to learn to love it.

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles
how the **** is the master sword rusted away? damn Link does a poor job at upkeep.

anywho, I'm going to cool down with EPIC HYPE and move over with more complaints...the ENEMY DESIGN. Holy **** those bokoblins (or whatever they are) look like comical enemies. why must they stick with that TWW/SS design philosophy? make the enemies look like threats, not cartoons. :P

Yeah, I hate the SS bokoblin design. They suck.

First impressions:

1.) Voice acting is in the game. Words cannot explain how relieved I am that this Zelda game won't be lacking voices in 2017. The bits we got sounded decent as well, although I've found out I'm immune to bad voice acting for the most part.[/quote[

It'll be interesting to see how far they went with the voice acting.

2.) "Breath of the Wild" is the stupidest 3D title name we've gotten so far. I understand that the title is usually indicative of the plot, but "Breath of the Wild" seems far too generic even for a Zelda game. This could change of course with more context or with hindsight next year. Also, it just doesn't role off the tongue like past 3D titles, which is a shame.

Yeah. But I expect the title to link in with the story, so it will probably make more sense later, and hopefully will grow on us.

3.) Exploration and the environment is finally in the forefront once again, which is why the title makes some degree of sense. The vast and varied environments are giving me Xenoblade Chronicles X vibes, which is exactly what I had hoped.

I hope it does exploration way better than Xenoblade X. Like, 100x better, because I wasn't overly excited about how Xenoblade forced you to explore.

4.) Was the Master Sword rusted? This would seem to indicate that it takes place very late in the timeline, perhaps at the tail-end of the Child or Downfall.

Yeah, I find that interesting. The title logo seemed to indicate a state of disrepair as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom