• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

E3 outside of Nintendo

Outside of Nintendo i really don't give a toss about what other devs and companies have to show, well, usually.

While all E3 is, and always has been for me, a Nintendo event i'm curious enough this E3 to ask what games from which devs outside of Nintendo are we going/hoping to see?

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles
To be honest, the only thing I'm interested in is to see if 3rd parties are going to make a comeback on the Wii U. Truthfully, I couldn't care less either way. Even if I would never get CoD, I think it should be available for those who would.

As far as Sony and Microsoft go, the XBO may as well not exist as far as I'm concerned, because I will never get a MS console again. The PS4 is coming into its own, from what I've seen, and some pretty cool games are coming out, but I'm still not getting one.

All in all, if we get a Dragon Quest or MH4U on Wii U, that'll be enough for me as far as 3rd parties are concerned. Other than that, meh.

Fiery Klongo

I Am Mardric
I really like good games. I don't really stay up at night excited for a new Sony release, but if at E3 they release some good stuff than I would be excited. That said I'm in it for Nintendo mainly.

Kylo Ken

I will finish what Spyro started
Hopefully they talk more about MGSV, cause I'm not really interested in much else other than Nintendo stuff.

Iridescence

Emancipated Wind Fish
I can understand that. Exclusives used to define a console years ago (Sony had Final Fantasy and Halo drove Xbox). Nowadays, 90% of great games out there are third-party, be they big-budget or indie. So it doesn't really matter which machine you get between the two.

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles
I can understand that. Exclusives used to define a console years ago (Sony had Final Fantasy and Halo drove Xbox). Nowadays, 90% of great games out there are third-party, be they big-budget or indie. So it doesn't really matter which machine you get between the two.

I agree, but I think it's a bit of a shame. It really makes having two similar consoles like the XBO and the PS4 redundant. I liked it back in the day when each console had something going for it. I mean, I suppose MS still has Halo, for whatever that's worth, but there are no other big AAA exclusives, at least not often enough to warrant the purchase of one vs the other...

Unless you're talking quality of the hardware (and I don't mean graphics). I bought 3 X360s because they broke. I'm not saying no PS3 ever broke, but following that trend, I'd get a PS4 before I got an XBO.

Iridescence

Emancipated Wind Fish
As technology evolves, one companies games just isn't enough to define a whole industry. Of course, Nintendo has exceptional first party, and if they were any other company trying to make a console based on exclusives, they would fall flat on their face.

But overall, I'd rather have all third party than just Nintendo exclusives.

D

Deleted member 14134

With Bethesda having an event it's almost guaranteed that at least fallout or an elder scrolls game will be released (most likely fallout 4).

I'm also excited to see more about uncharted 4 and metal gear solid 5 as well as any other exclusives or big third party sequels that may be announced. Also more from the game "Inside" which is from the developer of Limbo, an awesome indie platformer that really shouldn't be missed. More news and gameplay from No Mans Sky is almost a guarantee but I look forward to it anyways.

I'm sure there's more I can't think of now and some I wouldn't even consider but we'll talk again after E3.

Goodnight Zelda dungeon.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Only thing I'm bothered about now is what Bethesda has to say about Fallout 4. Seriously they may as well cancel E3 now, Fallout has won this year anyway.

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles
I'm surprisingly not caring about Fallout 4 at all. Loved 3 and New Vegas, but Skyrim really turned me off all Bethesda games, probably forever, definitely for the foreseeable future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom