• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

E3 Demo Has Been Leaked

It's online. No links to be posted. Also, the entire story has been leaked. It's pretty crazy.

bunny

birb overlord
What do you mean the demo is online? Do you mean playable, or videos of the demo?

blubb

Ash Gala Wonderful!
Yeah, just played a bit with it on Dolphin! I don't wanna hack my Wii, I also rip my games with a special LG drive instead of using that overflow hack on the Wii, this time I d/l'ed it but I'm not feeling guilty because A) it's just a demo and :cool: I've already pre-ordered my copy and will pay for it.
But the whole story isn't revealed in it as far as I can tell, don't know where you got that from (is that a different leak?).
I'm still a bit unfamiliar with the controls and lost a lots of hearts against the Skultullas, but the game is really fun! At least for me, I can debunk the statement that SS is easier than TP. No way! Also took me a while to figure out Ghirahim's weak spot
(he's very vulnerable if you don't Z-target him, especially in the second phase of the battle right after he has warped himself)
And let me tell you, the graphics look really great in Full HD internal res + anti-aliasing, no comparison to the actual Wii! I hope we can play it on Wii U with all the enhancements that Dolphin has. I'll upload a Dolphin gameplay video as soon as it has been converted (that will take some hours).

S

SS,OoT,WW,TP

I may be dumb for not knowing this, but what's dolphin?

blubb

Ash Gala Wonderful!
I may be dumb for not knowing this, but what's dolphin?
It's an emulator for Gamecube and Wii. With it you can go beyond the technical limits of the original consoles, however emulation isn't perfect yet so you'll run into some glitches. But you can connect even real Wiimotes to it (if you have bluetooth) and can basically play Wii games on your PC without using a Wii...

S

SS,OoT,WW,TP

Wow I wish I could do that, but my PC is old and not that powerful, so I will just stick to my wii.

blubb

Ash Gala Wonderful!
Wow I wish I could do that, but my PC is old and not that powerful, so I will just stick to my wii.
Yeah, you need a ridiculously powerful PC for most games... even with my engine (CPU 4x2.5GHz Intel, 8GB RAM and nVidia GTX 560 graphics card) Twilight Princess plays very slowly (only 12fps in Hyrule Field by the end of the game where 30fps should be normal). I actually want to upgrade to a better CPU (6x3.3 GHz AMD which I'd overclock to 4.1 GHz or more because I have water cooling) before getting Skyward Sword so I can play it at full speed :) It's really a huge difference to the Wii if you have a big screen to play on.
Oh, and to go even further I think that the gameplay really changed so much! There hasn't been that much of a change since OoT vs aLttP. All games that follow OoT had similar gameplay mechanics but SS takes it much further with the motion controls! I'd say that this games is more realistic gameplay-wise than all of those modern shooters from this year!

bunny

birb overlord
Well crap. I don't have a bluetooth, wireless sensor bar, or a good computer. 8D

blubb

Ash Gala Wonderful!
Yeah, I had to invest a bit for all that stuff... I even built my own sensor bar with some infrared LEDs, but normal candles apparently work too (there are some vids on Youtube)!
The video I made is still uploading (90 more minutes) so I thought I'd share some screenshots!

Full archive with 83 screenshots:
>Download here<

EDIT: Video is finally up now: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYnwIlviLvk Unfortunately the game only plays at around half speed with fraps on, otherwise it's almost full speed.

Last edited:

Dukusword

Hylian Warrior
Yeah I played it an hour ago, it was awesome. I only played the Skyview Temple because I wanted to fully experience the bird riding and fighting Ghiraihim from the full game, but I had tons of fun with the Skyview temple, if anyone wants me to talk about my experience I will or if you just want to ask questions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom