• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

E3 2011?

O

OceanicTempus

That is your opinion, don't need to make it look like a fact because it really isn't.

"Just because it's delayed, won't mean it will be broken. "
Exactly, just like Brawl, it wasn't broken. You just contradicted yourself.

I typed out that last part wrong. It's supposed to meant that it doesn't matter how long it is delayed, it can still be broken.

It IS my opinion, but random tripping and the fact that Meta Knight was almost banned from tourneys altogether for being so exploitable, kind of point to being broken.
(Sakurai even admitted he made the game so it had more luck involved, probably because he hates tourneys)

I'd say if they can't at least set a release date by the time of the 3DS's release in the States, they're taking too long. We KNOW they can construct a good world and good gameplay scenarios in less than a year (see MM), so if the game engine is already complete (which they've confirmed is the case) then all they need to do is put the building blocks in place, write dialogue, polish visuals, debug, and release.

I'd say if they can't at least set a release date by the time of the 3DS's release in the States, they're taking too long. We KNOW they can construct a good world and good gameplay scenarios in less than a year (see MM), so if the game engine is already complete (which they've confirmed is the case) then all they need to do is put the building blocks in place, write dialogue, polish visuals, debug, and release.

yeah Im pretty sure that is the case.. I just have a feeling the with the 3ds coming out in March.. they will hold SS till the Christmas season..

There is NO OTHER first-party software slated to come out for the Wii this year aside from Mario Sports Mix. They have no reason to wait that long. It's not like they can really justify stopping all support for the Wii once the 3DS comes out, can they? They haven't even field-tested a new home console yet, and last we heard from Reggie they're not going to release a new console until they've exhausted the potential for Wii.

why does everyone assume that it's delayed? the fact is you don't know it won't be released before e3 or Christmas. people are just jumping the gun on this one. a lot of people are panicking when they shouldn't yet. everyone assumes that because there is no date yet that it means it's not come out in the first part of 2011 like they said. but that isn't true. many games do not get release dates or information about them until a month before the release.i mean it's only january. they could announce the release date next month and the date may be in march. it's too early to tell right now if it's delayed or not. i think too many people have bad memories and they see nothing, hear nothing so they assume the worst when it may not be the worst. i think people need to be more patient and less panicky. oh and all this next console talk is wrong because nintendo said last year at their end of year shareholder meeting in japan that wii 2 won't come out for several years. everyone is assuming that this it tp again. the fact is you don't know that. and i don't think it is.

blubb

Ash Gala Wonderful!
Well, after the news we heard about the OoT 3DS release (after E3, i.e. probably July or August) I'm slowly starting to believe that they will pull another TP on us and release the game with the "Wii 2", which could be as late as 2012 or even 2013.
And again I strongly have to disagree with all the people who say "I don't want a rushed game..." Even if it were released now, that'd be more than four whole years of development time, and how in the world is that "rushed"? Come on, it doesn't even take Microsoft that extremely long for a whole new OS, and we're talking about a video game here!
Personally I think it's very possible that the game is already finished completely (the whole gaming, graphical and cotrols engines were functional at E3, that leaves just level design and finalzing which should be doable in 7 months) and they're just pushing it back because of sales strategies. With OoT 3DS coming, they won't give us another Zelda game in the same year, have they ever doen that before? After going through the release date on the top of the page here, the answer is: no. I know that like every other company, Nintendo also has to think about profit maximizing but 6 or 7 years between two console Zelda games is a bit too much IMO.

Well, after the news we heard about the OoT 3DS release (after E3, i.e. probably July or August) I'm slowly starting to believe that they will pull another TP on us and release the game with the "Wii 2", which could be as late as 2012 or even 2013.
And again I strongly have to disagree with all the people who say "I don't want a rushed game..." Even if it were released now, that'd be more than four whole years of development time, and how in the world is that "rushed"? Come on, it doesn't even take Microsoft that extremely long for a whole new OS, and we're talking about a video game here!
Personally I think it's very possible that the game is already finished completely (the whole gaming, graphical and cotrols engines were functional at E3, that leaves just level design and finalzing which should be doable in 7 months) and they're just pushing it back because of sales strategies. With OoT 3DS coming, they won't give us another Zelda game in the same year, have they ever doen that before? After going through the release date on the top of the page here, the answer is: no. I know that like every other company, Nintendo also has to think about profit maximizing but 6 or 7 years between two console Zelda games is a bit too much IMO.

That's possible but even if it was true, the Wii's successor won't be released this year because this is the 3DS' year.

It doesn't take Microsoft that long because they just basically copy and paste the code from the previous version and give it a new design with some bugs fixed (even though they leave some open so you break your computer and go buy a new one which gets them more money) and a few new features that nobody uses. They also have a lot of people working on them. Also, I think developing a video game is far more complex than an Operating System.

We also have to keep in mind that Nintendo might be doing what they did with Super Mario Galaxy 2;
They revealed info at E3 and made us wait until May without giving any info away until it was really close to the release date.

blubb

Ash Gala Wonderful!
That's possible but even if it was true, the Wii's successor won't be released this year because this is the 3DS' year.
Well, that's why I said 2012/13 :)
Yeah, you're right about more people working on MS's OSes, I just made that comparison to clarify how much can happen in 4 years (but I still think that a whole OS is a bit more complicated than a video game, just think about all the functions, drivers, interactions with hardware that must be implemented etc.). And copy-pasting: Yeah, sure, it's a bit more obvious in the case of OSes than it is in video games, but honestly, if you look closely at it, the main gameplay, camera and graphics engines of console Zelda are still basically the same in TP as they were in OoT (with more and more "fine tuning" of course). And now, there'll be a big leap with SS (whole new controls engine) so I'll give them the 4,5 years which the development is already lasting (or maybe not anymore because it's already finished?), but no longer.
MM was made in under 2 years and still it's an excellent Zelda game, in my opinion it's a lot better than TP (still very good of course) which had 4 years of dev. time. I'd even say it was a bit over-polished, toned down and too easy in the end.
What I'm trying to say is that, contrary to apparent popular opinion, development time isn't necessarily proportional to quality.

I don't think they will release SS in the ''wii 2''...launching 2 consoles almost simultaneously (3ds and the wii succesor) doesn't seem like a good marketing strategy...just saying...if they released SS with the new console then the game would come out somewhere in the end of 2012/start of 2013 and I don't think they'll delay the game that much...

everyone is just panicking. the fact is look at how nintendo does with all their other games. look at super mario galaxy 2 you didn't know anything about it until end of april and in to may. that's how nintendo works. everyone just has bad memories. and to be honest i don't know why they want to rerelease oot anyway. i still play mine on my n64. and you can get on the virtual console. there really isn't any reason to rerelease it or purchase it again. i don't think oot coming out this year has anything to do with ss release.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
I do not think so, and I do not hope so. They are supposed to have been working on SS for a long time now, and they can't keep putting it off forever. They've got to release it sometime. Of course, I don't want them to rush anything or leave out anything good because of time. It wouldn't be the end of the world if they prolong it to E3 2011, but I would like to see it before.

Just throwing this out there.. If they do plan on releasing SS with the "wii 2" I hope they at least include it on the Wii 1.. Kinda like how TP went. GCN and Wii. :)

Though Nintendo has said that they are polishing the game up (which I'm sure they are), this game will most likely be released when it benefits Nintendo financially. This is all intertwined with the 3DS and those games coming out as well and I personally believe that there is no way SS will come out that close to the March 27th (I think) 3DS release. The game will probably come out in the summer, right after E3. Hopefully we will see more than that one forest and the occasional lava world this time ;) (I mean, it will have been a year!!!!).

nintendo is not going to stop releasing wii games just because the 3ds is coming out. many people like me are not going to buy a 3ds and nintendo knows this. they know that if they alienate their wii fans then people who have wiis won't buy games for them and will go to other consoles. the fact is if you only have $50 you aren't going to buy a 3ds but you will buy a single wii game. it would be bad marketing to wait too long to bring ss out. besides if they brought it out at the same time as the 3ds they probably would make even more money because they would make money off people who can't afford to buy a 3ds or people who don't want to buy a 3ds. everyone is assuming that everyone is going to buy a 3ds and that's not true. many people can't afford one or people like me who just don't care for handhelds. it also wouldn't be smart to wait that long because some people might have gotten money for christmas or they got a gift card and are saving it for ss but if you make them wait too long and they will buy some thing else with it. not everyone can afford to buy new games and new systems all the time. i know i can't

This is all intertwined with the 3DS and those games coming out as well and I personally believe that there is no way SS will come out that close to the March 27th (I think) 3DS release.

Wait.

So you think Nintendo's strategy is to DROP SUPPORT FOR THE WII FOR A BRAND-NEW CONSOLE THAT'S ALREADY CONFIRMED TO BE IN FAIRLY LIMITED SUPPLY?

It's not like they're going to have trouble selling 3DS if they release a Wii game, and with only 4 million 3DS units shipping by the end of March there are a lot of existing Wii customers to draw on for a new Zelda game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom