• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler E3 2011 Discussion Thread

blubb

Ash Gala Wonderful!
Sorry but I really don't like the name "WiiU", I mean what's next? Will they release the "WiiUThay" in 2016? I'm also scared of the price... I think one controller will be at least $/€100, if not more. And that doesn't include the console itself.

I don't car one bit about the name, although I agree it's a bit unusual to say the least. I only care about the fact that it will have HD graphics and that it will crush the opposition.

LolGames4U

Viceroy of Area 11
I don't care about the name at all. I care about everything else, mainly how much NINTENDO ROCKS!!! I'm so excited!!!

Fierce

Deity Link
IMO...

NINTENDO: WINS

PROS-
AMAZING 25TH ANNIVERSARY of ZELDA
- Amazing Zelda legacy reel + live orchestra
- Orchestrated Tour!
- FREE FOUR SWORDS
- FREE SOUNDTRACK
- New Orchestrated CD!
- Golden Skyward Sword Wii Motion+ Controller
- Link's Awakening DX in the eShop TODAY!
Skyward Sword confirmed for this holiday season

Plethora of 3DS titles, information overload!
- Kid Icarus: THIS HOLIDAY SEASON
>> 3VS 3 COMBAT!
>> epic sword guy!
>> Theatrical story-telling!
- SMASH BROS 3DS
- LUIGI'S FREAKING MANSION 2
- SUPER MARIO 3-D
>> Looks beyond epic
Snake Eater 3D!
Awesome new features to Mario Kart Wii!
Cool details on the eShop

Nintendo WiiU announced.

- 3 epic tech demos display outrageous 1080dpi... crisp and clean.
>> Bird flying in japanese setting
>> Tokyo city
>> Awesome HD Zelda scene that looked like a combination of TP and OOT
- Fantastic third party excitement about WiiU and support
- EA + N = <3 :D
- AMAZING CONTROL POTENTIAL
>> Has an accelometer
>> touch pad
>> take the game with you if someone needs the TV
>> Displays tons of information to unclog HUD
>> Multiple viewpoint
>> Paves way for a perfect pokemon snap sequal
- Streams to TV
- Focus on connectivity, with internet
- New Smash Bros !!
- NEW SMASH BROS!!!
- NEW SMASH BROTHERS...!
- Wide Appeal, something for everyone in their new system!!!!!!!!

Excellent presentation, with great speeches by Miyamoto-san and his interpreter, Iwata-san, and the Regginator
Of all the shows Nintendo gave the most of a damn, with an astounding and creative use of the theatre
Many thing to look forward to!
God Bless Nintendo!
MANY NEW TITLES STILL YET TO BE ANNOUNCED, BUT SHOWN VIA LOGOS AT END!!!!

Cons
Questionable name for Nintendo Wii U
- While I'm fine with it... will everyone be?
Less coverage of the other new titles mentioned via logos
Lack of Wii (Non-U) Coverage
Lack of much Wii U first party discussion
Tech demo should have used Mario
Lack of Paper Mario 3DS~
Not much aesthetic design change of the Hardware from Wii U to Wii (though this is a prototype)
Lack of Skyward coverage

ALL IN ALL... IT WAS AWESOME~~~
I'm such a dork... :x

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
Okay now that E3 is over and all my nerdgasms are toned down a bit I can now say something.

First off E3 was awesome. I get home from a long hot day of school expecting to hear something on a Halo remake and find out that I was right about Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary, but wait, now there is an unexpected and well deserved Halo 4? Did I die? The trailer was amazing and proves that the great Master Chief is still alive and kicking in the video game industry. It would of been lame to end his story at 3 on a cliff hanger. Hopefully 343 can make another good installment. That was pretty much it from Microsoft but it was enough.

Sony didn't have much that interested me except for the Playstation Vita (what a horrible name). The graphics are amazing and it looks like it can pull some amazing games. But eh, I could wait.

Now DAMN!!! Nintendo snapped yet again. The Wii U although a stupid name looks very awesome. The technology is amazing and the power is fantastic. Nintendo is serious, hardcore but still casual, and innovative. Can't wait to see which company will copy first. It's like if Sony and Microsoft were waiting for Nintendo to make the first move so they can start and just beat them in graphics and copy them like they always do.

But that's not all Nintendo had to offer. It's about the games!

Super Smash Bros-for 3DS and Wii U!
Luigi's Mansion 2 -about damn time! It's not always about Mario you know.
Super Mario 3DS-oh but it is. This game looks amazing.
The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword-finally we get a trailer that matters. This game looks better and better each time.
Resident Evil Revelations-I just enjoy greatness.
Mario Kart 3DS-whatever, looks like the same great karting I've done before but with a few twist. Still worth the buy.
Sonic Generations 3DS-don't think this was at E3 but I'll share it anyway. Reminds me of Sonic 4 but with a Rush style of playing. Hope it's good enough as a handheld.

And other greatness

Sonic Generations-City Escape FTW. Sega, don't fail us.
Spider-Man Edge of Time-looks like another good Spider-Man game, but nothing too special. Interesting from what I've heard tough.
Assassin's Creed Revelations-two badass assassins, one game=awesome!
Batman Arkham City-I am vengeance, I am the knight, I'm Batman!!!
Saint's Row the Third-Awesomeness!!!
Dead Rising 2 Off the Record-Frank West is just a comic genius.

I was a little disappointed of the lack of Sonic 4 Episode 2, Max Payne 3, Metroid, and some other stuff I was looking forward to.

Last edited:
As far as Nintendo went, I felt that they should be the overall winners of E3. I say each year that the winners are the consumers, but this year, I felt that Nintendo just flat-out won. Everything about their conference was perfect, and I, as a Nintendo Fanboy, couldn't have asked for more from the Big N. Highlights for me included the plethora of 3DS games, which I'm insanely excited about. Five first-party 3DS games coming out before the holidays? Yes, please. I'm also appreciating all the third-party support that the system has gotten, and this will definitely help to grab the casual crowd. Skyward Sword is also looking phenomenal, and I can't wait to play it this year.

Now for the Wii U. Two words: MIND BLOWN. What that small tablet controller can do is astonishingly impressive, and it looks like it can match the power of the iPad. As a gaming system, it's impressive as well, and while streaming between television and controller has been done before, Nintendo seems to do it the best. The whole idea of getting a new perspective with the controller is amazing, and how it affects gameplay is really, really cool. Not to mention the kick@$$ graphics which match the power of a current-gen HD console. Overall, Nintendo definitely stole the show this year.

The only thing about the Big N's conference that I was upset about, was the lack of regular Wii games. All that I saw was Skyward Sword, with a really brief mention to Kirby Wii. Where's my Pikmin 3? Where's my F-Zero? Where's my StarFox? Oh well, I guess beggers can't be choosers. Also, Nintendo showed off all those logos, but didn't showcase the games at all!!? I had no idea Mario Party 9 was announced, and I found out two days after the show!!

Beeker

Wild Card
The only thing about the Big N's conference that I was upset about, was the lack of regular Wii games. All that I saw was Skyward Sword, with a really brief mention to Kirby Wii. Where's my Pikmin 3? Where's my F-Zero? Where's my StarFox? Oh well, I guess beggers can't be choosers. Also, Nintendo showed off all those logos, but didn't showcase the games at all!!? I had no idea Mario Party 9 was announced, and I found out two days after the show!!

I do agree with you, I wish there was just a little more love for the Wii other than Skyward Sword. After seeing the trailer for Kirby Wii, I was surprised that that wasn't at the conference, it looked great!

And as for your wondering about Pikmin 3, you could technically say it was at the show, though only a mention of it by Miyamoto at the developer roundtable, and that was that it was being moved to WiiU.

SuperGleeok64

For the Greater Good.
I personally was excited to hear more about Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine that THQ is making. And of what I saw I think they are still doing great with the IP and should continue doing so.... Also they mention an XBLA game, Warhammer 40,000: Kill Team, Which also seems very interesting. Not to mention their booth was a Drop Pod, but whatever.
Microsoft bombed.Halo:CE remastered.... with Reach multiplayer!!! Excellent idea... but reach multiplayer SUCKED, and all fans of the series know this..
That about sums that up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom