• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hyrule Warriors Dynamics/ interaction / chemistry between the champions

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
So we got all champions together. Old and new ones. What do you think of their interactions or chemistry? And by this I mean all of them combined. What chemistry do you like the most? I love the chemistry between Mipha and Sidon. If they weren't siblings I would totally have shipped them. But I also love how Daruk and Mipha get along. Teba seems to get along with everybody while Revali seems to be disliked because of his attitude. Urbosa is very kind to everybody doing their job and not holding back. So what do you think?

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I really love their dynamics, and not just in the story stuff. Their voice clips on the preparation screens and their battle dialogues are all really nice, too. I love Mipha and Daruk's friendship the most, probably. They're such a good duo. Daruk is so supportive of Mipha's progress.

People reacting to Urbosa is always cool. Mipha says she's so stunning she can't look away. Revali says her battlefield awareness saved him if she joins him in fighting a captain. Similarly, Revali says no one rampages as well as Daruk and he appreciates Mipha's efforts in battle, with a touch of concern added in. Revali seems to only have it in for Link, lol.

The future Champions are all a lot of fun to play with, too. Yunobo is my favorite to use of that bunch and his reactions to other people are really cute. "Wow, you're just so cool and smart and stuff!" I love him. Teba is fun because he's such a #dad, while at the same time he shouts "DIE!" at enemies lol. Love it.

This game did such a fantastic job at including solid interactions throughout the entirety of the gameplay, not just in story cutscenes, and I like that a lot. It's one of my favorite things about AoC.

MapelSerup

not actually Canadian
Honestly one of my favorite parts of this game. The eBay they interact is great! All of them putting up with Revali is hilairious, and Mipha/Daruk is really cute. All in all, a great job with the champions.

Last edited:

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
I've gotta say, I'm impressed with how much I've enjoyed the character interactions so far. They actually make the characters feel more alive and connected than BotW ever did. It feels more genuine or natural, if that makes sense.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I love how they nall give each other compliments. Even Revali gives Link compliments. I also like how Teba appologizes if you reach him when he's fighting. So many hours of gameplay and still so many details I didn't pay attention at before.

This is why I'm OK with the story being fan-fiction,
because we got to spend more time with the Champions than we would have if it had followed BOTW exactly. Zelda and Mipha's little laugh to each other is one of the greatest character moments I've ever seen in Zelda, up there with Zelda freaking out in ST, the Happy Mask Salesman freaking out in MM, and the Flower Lady freaking out in BOTW. Daruk and Link are bros, Revali and Impa's dynamic I enjoy, and Mipha and Zelda are adorable.

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
I like the introduction of Impa, and how she is able to kind of break up the monotony of it just being Zelda and Link all the time. The problem is, it kinds of breaks apart the story you see unfold in the BotW flashbacks, of them slowing starting to trust each other. Impa always being there, all the time, changed the vibe a little too much.

But when it comes to champion interactions, all I can say is YES

Daruk and Mipha getting along is just how I imagined it'd be and I'm very happy Nintendo confirmed it. XD :D
Also, Zelda stopping a fight between Link and Revali...also how I imagined the dynamic and somehow cute.
Kind of lazy that they didn't give much battle dialogue between Zelda and the four Champions besides Zelda praising them individually, but I write it off as sort of in-character, since Zelda being on the battlefield with them, being battle-worthy enough to impress them probably didn't happen much.
I mean, even her own father, King Rhoam, doesn't have special battle praise for Zelda besides him thanking her in the final battle on Hyrule Field. Very lazy, but again, I write it off as Zelda not being much of a soldier.
Urbosa and Daruk have this chemistry despite the limited dialogue and story interaction. You can tell they really get eachother the most out of the five Champions.

I just wish you could play as a Chu Chu Jelly with a mini Stone Taleus (whatever they are called) that wiggle when you pick them up. Imagine saving the world as them!

There's hardly any interaction, which is a shame since the few scenes where Zelda and 5 champions hanging out together show how much chemistry they all have.
Speaking of which...I heard someone say Zelda and Mipha were sighing over Link in that scene with Hestu. No, they weren't. They were sighing to eachother over their situation in the Lost Woods, that they had no choice but to follow Hestu. Does everything have to be about a freakin guy when it comes to female characters??? Just had to get that off my chest.
Zelda's personal relationships with each of the four Champions is so precious...wish we got more of it.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Speaking of which...I heard someone say Zelda and Mipha were sighing over Link in that scene with Hestu. No, they weren't. They were sighing to eachother over their situation in the Lost Woods, that they had no choice but to follow Hestu. Does everything have to be about a freakin guy when it comes to female characters??? Just had to get that off my chest
Last week I saw a video on the subject on youtube. It was called the loves of Link. And this was also mentioned. I fully agree with your answer. Zelda and Mipha weren't looking at each other as rivals for Link's attention. Sometimes people are taking things a bit too far. After all they were facing threats and a war.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom