• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Classic Dungeons That Effect the Over World

Link 2 the past

Slashy Slashy
Other than the four in MM, can anyone think of other dungeons in the series where, when you complete them, something changes in the over world?

Of course it’s common for you to be able to do new things after you complete a dungeon because you have a new item. But aside from MM, I can’t think of any other dungeons where there is some kind of physical change to the over world that enables you to do new things.

I really liked this idea in MM, I think Nintendo should try it again.

ALttP: In the swamp-palace you can change the waterlevel. After you complete Misery Mire, you change the weather there.
LA: After finishing the last dungeon, you destroy the whole overworld! OK, maybe this one doesn't count...

The first ones which came to my mind

Well in OoT a lot happens when you break the "curses" on the Temples, at least the first 3. Th Forest Temple being completed causes the monsters in Kokiri Forest to go away, Fire Temple gets rid of the weird cloud thing around Death Mountain and brings it back to normal and the Water Temple fills Lake Hylia again. I don't think the Spirit or Shadow really do anything though. No huge drastic changes but noticeable nevertheless...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom