• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Dungeons That Are Still Puzzling After Multiple Playthroughs

MW7

The title basically says it all- are there any dungeons that still confuse you no matter how many times you play through them? I worded this specifically to minimize the impact of the difficulty of combat because for instance the Great Palace in Adventure of Link is going to be pretty insane even if you memorize the layout of the dungeon and any puzzles within. So really I'm looking for things that puzzled, confused, or stumped you even after you had conquered it at least once before.

I have a lot of dungeons that still confuse me. First off the most obvious choice for me is the Great Bay Temple of Majora's Mask. I've played through the dungeon at least eight times and still sometimes feel like I'm wandering around in the dark feeling my way around. Stone Tower Temple and Snowhead Temple from the same game can get me a little bewildered as well but not nearly as much as the Great Bay Temple.

In general I have lots of trouble memorizing the layout of the dungeons in the original LOZ probably due to the lack of distinguishing features relative to other Zelda games. Level 9 in particular is just crazy no matter how many times I beat it. Interestingly everything in Ocarina of Time was really easy for me to memorize. Sometimes I feel more comfortable navigating my way around the Water Temple than my own house. Most of the dungeons in Wind Waker and Skyward Sword were pretty easy to memorize as well for me with the one exception of the Wind Temple in WW, but really for Skyward Sword it might just be a function of how recent the game is still.

From A Link to the Past I have some trouble with a couple of dungeons still, but it's mostly just the really long ones such as the Ice Palace and Ganon's Tower. Speaking of long dungeons, Twilight Princess had a couple of dungeons that can still confuse me as well. That big room with the staircase in the Lakebed Temple has me just as lost as I was on my first playthrough. I can never figure out which way to turn it correctly without guessing wrong a few times. Also the entirety of City in the Sky remains fairly difficult even after playing through it a couple of times.

So that's all I have. I really love how some dungeons can still be puzzling even after "solving" them once and appreciate the level of difficulty. What dungeons confuse you?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I'd say Skull Woods (ALttP), Fire Temple (OoTMQ), and Stone Tower Temple (Majora's Mask). I could use a walkthrough, the best existing, and STILL get lost in those three dungeons. Anything and everything in ALttP is hard if you don't know the tricks, the Fire Temple [MQ] isn't exactly hard to remember, I just get lost due to my thinking it's the Fire Temple of OoT. And everything is pretty hard in Majora's Mask regardless of tricks (Snowhead and the forest dungeon are relatively easy).

Din'sFlame

Sizzlin'
The water temple in OoT, the Stone Tower Temple in MM, and Snowhead temple in MM, and lastly, the Forest Temple in OoT.
The Water Temple isn't too hard, but it's so easy to miss a key or something. The Stone Tower Temple as most of we know is just plain confusing and hard, but then again, I've only beaten it twice. Finally, I just always have problems in Snowhead. It's not really hard, I just can never seem to do it right. Last, but not least, The OoT Forest Temple. No madder how many times I've beaten the game (which is around 5) I always have a hard time with this dungeon, especially on MQ. I always get lost, confused, and angry at the Temple, so it is my least favorite Temple.

LinkLover

You Mean, Green Thing
The Water Temples from OoT and TP. I can get through the beginning by myself, but am usually lost halfway through and need to use a walkthrough. I'm not a fan of Water Temples in general, and dread them the entire game.

skywardsword13

Dawn of the Final Day
In TP, City In the Sky always gets me stuck on some parts. So does Snowpeak Ruins.

In WW, it's the Wind Temple.

In ALttP, it's the Ice Palace and Ganon's Tower.

In LoZ its Level 9 -_-.

In Ocarina of Time, I always have some trouble on some parts of the Forest and Spirit Temples. But not as much as the first 6 i stated ^.

And finally, the dungeon that aalways manages to confuse me is the Stone Tower Temple. I always get 13 or 14 fairies, then have to use a walkthrough for the last couple.

These dungeons, although I get stuck on them alot, are the reasons I replay Zelda games . :D

Conor

the over analysing guy
The ice palace from aLttP, every damn time I have no idea what to do for about an hour and after being on autopilot for said hour I find myself at the boss. I cannot begin to even.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Lakebed Temple from Twilight Princess. It's the only dungeon in the game that has a difficult layout to memorise the perfect route in.

palace of darkness and the ice place from ALttP are often confusing to me. Forget about all of adventure of link. Eagle tower in LA requires a bit of remembering time. LoZ I justwalk randomly around till I get to the boss. no other challenge places. PH was a joke.

LoZ: Simply all of them...
AoL: The final dungeons
ALttP: Dark Palace, Skull Woods and Ganon's Tower
MM: Snowhead Temple, Great Bay Temple
TP: Lakebed Temple

I usually have problems with the puzzles and dungeon layout, sometimes forgeting to go to certain places... In the first game, it's both combat and puzzle.

Definately the Water temple in TP..... It seems like no matter how many times I play it, I always seem to mess it up and I have to go right back to Cody's videos -.-

Crazycarl

I WUBWUBWUB YOU!
Water Temple in OoT. I mean...mother of god. That temple just screws with your brain haha :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom