• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Dungeons, Easy or Hard?

The difficulty of Skyward Sword's dungeons reminded me of that characterizing the dungeons in Ocarina of Time, in other words near perfect. The game felt especially tailored to veterans and new players alike with the difficulty curve gradually rising as the game progressed. Personally, Skyward Sword wasn't about the difficulty of combat or puzzles but rather about its unique approach to common franchise elements. Defeating a Stalfos took real strategy and there were close to no block puzzles to be found replaced by intriguing uses for the beetle (above all), gust bellows, bombs, whip, and so much more. This is what Nintendo must continue to do in order to develop the franchise in the future.

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
I (respectfully of course) TOOOOOOOOTALLY disagree with your comparisons. Skyview temple is unbearably simple, and takes little to no thought to complete. You can basicly walk through the dungeon only having to change course once or twice. Twilight Princess's Forest dungeon however is a massive pain in the ***. It felt longer than it actually was, it required a lot of backtracking, and i HATED having to find all of those damn monkeys. Also, I think Sky Keep is much harder than Ganon's Castle in both OoT and WW. I thought that reliving the boss battles in WW wasn't really that hard seeing as I didn't think the bosses were very hard in the first place, and defeating them again wouldn't be a problem. OoT Ganon's castle is more challenging than WW's, yet still it seemed more tedious than challenging. Sky Keep made me think and the little trial you have to go through for the triforce of courage killed me a few times

godess reborn

Blame The Cricket
I think the dungeons weren't as hard as they could have been. The design of the dungeons were relatively basic, almost guiding you through. I felt like they were somewhat hand-holdy. The dungeons were rather linear, and along with Fi's information, you were practically pointed towards the right direction. Sky Keep wasn't like this as much, since there was no permanent structure to the dungeon. There wasn't really much of a way to get lost in any dungeon throughout the game.

The puzzles were challenging without the right equitment. Take after you get the bomb bag, for example. With the map, you see what needs to be done in order to continue. Without it, one could pass by the secret (I won't say what it is, just in case someone hasn't gotten to this part of the game yet) and never look twice. It was enough to make you think for a few minutes, possibly refer to your items, then move on.

The bosses were easy, but they were good bosses too. Most had an obvious weak point (giant eye, heart in it's chest, etc.), indicating a way to defeat them. However, most forced you to utilize the item you found in that dungeon in some interesting ways. The normal enemies had to be defeated by swinging your sword in a certain way, showing off the amazing 1:1 motion controls.

The dungeons could have been better, especially in their layout. The puzzles were decent, and fighting bosses and enemies put your weapons to good use and demonstrated the power of the Wii Motion Plus motion controls.

TheMinish

Hero of the Skies
They were a tad on the easy side for me. I would have liked them to be longer and more challenging. Nothing seemed to prevent me from progressing, I always solved the puzzle or killed the boss without much effort at all.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I didn't find them that long or hard. Except for the water Dungeon. I really enjoyed that one very much. I was a bit disappointed with Skyview Temple. I expected it to be a bit longer but it was way shorter than I expected. But I must say the dungeons had some fun puzzles inside of them and I loved the swinging part in Skyview

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom