• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Dungeons Are Hard.....maybe Too Hard?

Flagpole

I'm back!!
Yeah, I'm posting here again :D
I can't believe I made such a short post.
Anyways, back to the topic...

OOT isn't that easy, and most of the dungeons and temples confused me. I remember not giving up, but being super annoyed in two stupid things at the Dodongo's Cavern and Jabu Jabu's Belly.

Dodongo's Cavern, I didn't know how to light the two skeleton eyes... then my little sister helped me telling me to go over the skeleton XD
Jabu Jabu's Belly, I didn't know where to go after beating all the 'tail' monsters... used a guide to know where to go XD
As for the temples, like someone said before, I didn't know Link (at the 'fire-wall-that-chsaes.you' room) could do a jump.

Now, for MM, I can't really say much...
I only beated Woodfall Temple, and today I got the Fire Arrows at the SnowHead one.
Something very challenging about MM temples are their complex design, that way, you are confused most of the time.
Also, the design is something that differences OOT's temples and MM's temples: at OOT, you can remember what to do if you don't play the game for months, at MM, you can't (at least me).

Even with the time limit and confusing design, I'll never give up on MM's temples... Especially now that I don't long have the fear to play MM (before, I never played because maybe I would ahve to go somewhere without waking up an Owl or the light could go off).

D

Death

Not really, especially after you've gone through it once. You've just got to have your wits about you and be persistent.
Plus, The rewarding feeling after completing a difficult dungeon more than makes up for any frustrations.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
The Dungeons may look hard in the beginning but when you look at your Dungeon map and compass it's a lot easier to navigate. And like said before by others, after completing the game the first time it's so much easier.

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
I disagree about the 2D games being harder. I've played through them, and I'm pretty sure they're actually easier because you don't have as many directions and camera angles to worry about.

Anyway, most of them aren't TOO hard, but here are a few that came close:

OOT:

Water Temple
Shadow Temple

MM:

Great Bay Temple

PH:

Temple of the Ocean King

Ikana

Trollkastel
OoT dungeons are not that hard.But MM dungeons are much harder than Oot.I don't think that there that bad.

H

Hiroshi Mishima

This is kind of hard for me to accurately judge on. I've been playing the Zelda games since they first came out on the NES, so some of my memories are foggy on specifics. For instance, I can tell you that after attempting Zelda II several times as a child I decided the game was absolute rubbish and never played it again... until I got it on the Collectors Edition disc for the Gamecube and became interested in playing those four games again. Especially Zelda 1 and 2 because for me it'd been many long years since I last played them, particularilly Zelda 2 which I hadn't played in a good 15+ years. I discovered that while the game had a lot of issues and was brutally hard for a Zelda game, it was still fun. Funner on an emulator with some good codes, but fun none-the-less and I enjoy playing it now.

On the flip side, we have Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask. Now these games... I love them, and I always will love them, but replaying them is something I consider a real non-issue most of the time. I played through Ocarina until I got to the final area, Gannondorf's Castle or whatever it was called. Then something happened and my save got deleted (the N64 was a.. troubled system), so I probably said "Screw it" and put it aside to play other games or focus on school, etc. If I had to say anything, I'd say Shadow Temple was obnoxious, but not too hard. Likewise I'd say that the Water Temple was overly confusing, but not really hard. Go over to Majora's Mask.. we got a whole new ball of wax here. I can't recall much about my first few attempts to play it (I couldn't afford it so I had to rent it several times during the N64's life, before getting it used years later), but I definitely recall my frustration with the Great Bay Temple. It was overly complicated and the fairies were obnoxious to get in a few rooms.

But I'll be frank, I really, really wanted to absolutely love Majora's Mask as a game... but I couldn't back then. I think I came close to hating it almost as much as I hated Adventures of Link. I thought of all the redundantly stupid minigames, many of which are damn near impossible for a lot of people. I thought of having to constantly redo things because I had to go back in time. I thought of all the grief that the Goron and Beaver races put me through... and I never did get to the Stone Tower, because I never had it long enough at the time to get to that point, and rentals, hah, losers always delete every damn save that isn't their own, so I'd always have to start over. You can only take that so long before it gets to you. But the only thing I really hated was the gameplay. I loved the storyling, music, characters, etc.

Flash forward to now and I'm playing Majora's Mask again for the first time since the N64 days of 2000 or so. I'm loving it for the most part, but I still think this was Nintendo's all-time "we hate the gamers" moment for minigame crap. I know WHY they needed them all, but they didn't have to make them so gods-damned hard. I wanted to seriously injure someone after attempting a couple of these, such as anything involving arrows or racing, which isn't helped when the characters act snooty towards you. I can't even begin to forget my grief upon learning I accidentally reset time just before my Gilded Sword was finished..

But I digress, I think I've wandered off topic just a wee bit. Back then, yeah, I guess you could say I found Majora's Mask WAY too hard and Ocarina not so much hard, but obnoxious. Still good games, but just not the ones I like replaying very often.

C

Colton

I think they're were hard but easy at the same time. I think I just honestly made it a tougher time for me. Even if I had a walkthough I woudn't be as patient as I should be and sooner or later it would cost me. Water temple was the hardest, but the shadow temple was the most annoying.

C

Colton

I thought that the dungeons were hard, but I made them even harder by messing up. I would grow impatient for a lever or something and it would end up costing me in the long run. But if you just be patient or use a walk through you can always finish it.

bellum

Gamer since age 2
No temple or dungeon in Ocarina of Time really gave me any trouble, not even the first time I played it. I think the temple that gave me the worst trouble would be the Forest Temple, which probably sound very stupid. I repeatedly got lost in the Forest Temple, because I didn't know what to do. Eventually, I finally got it all right, and completed the boos, Phantom Ganon, which I also had a lot of trouble on. Phantom Ganon was horror to me. I couldn't beat him at all for some reason.

yann

TheBitterDubstepMan
Please say you are joking... The Zelda dungeons are far too easy at the current moment, if anything they need to make them harder or maybe mroe quizzical. I seriously would become far too bored if they became easier.

Yeah, and you're talkiing about Recent ones...Yes? Or Did I misinterpret your post?
I found the water temple strangely easy...I tryed about 4 or 5 times, but never did much, and then returned again and did it in one. Shadow Temple however....ugh, i hated that one.

yann

TheBitterDubstepMan
Yeah, and you're talkiing about Recent ones...Yes? Or Did I misinterpret your post?
I found the water temple strangely easy...I tryed about 4 or 5 times, but never did much, and then returned again and did it in one. Shadow Temple however....ugh, i hated that one.

No, I don't think you did misinterpret my post at all. The hardest dungeon in OoT is probably the Ice Cavern, purely because you have to keep coming back for more blue fire, and it doesn't even count as a proper dungeon, more like a demi-dungeon.

I don't know whether you notice, but alot of the time Zelda games use not exactly the same but similar puzzles in each of the games dungeons. I seriously play through Zelda games with little difficulty in most of the dungeons. But, OoT is really quite easy.

Tom

I didn't find the dungeons (from OoT) that hard. And I've seen some of you saying the Water Temple was almost impossible to go through. I'm not saying it wasn't hard, but it only confused me a lot. I guess if I was older I'd have managed to go quickly through it, for it was my 17 year old friend that helped me out (I was 8/9 years old).

And yes, I did quit playing at the Water Temple for like 3 years. I didn't use walthroughs on OoT, and I was little... Everything was sorta hard to me.
Ocarina of Time has really good dungeons, and I don't think they're easy at all. Stop calling it a bad game, seriously. What has it done to you guys? lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom