• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Dungeons and Dragons RP SU

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Makes sense. There's a little bit more to skills than that, but I can talk to you about that a little later. Gold is about five times what it should be though.
To update people, gold is like a dollar, silver is a dime, and coppers are pennies btw.
Do you want to do the full sheet yourself, or do you want help, DL? I'll assume from Tatl's post that you want help too?

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
Actually, technically speaking, in pathfinder/3.5 a gold piece is worth roughly $15, there are 10 silver in a gold and 10 copper in a silver. That gives a good idea on money.

Anyway

Name: Vesper Xylander
Race: Human
Class: Cleric
Deity: none(Vesper doesn't pray to a deity, but instead is a Cleric of Honor.(Clerics don't need a deity and can, instead, follow an ideal like Justice, Honor, etc.) I will be careful about my domains and such, and due to her being a neutral cleric, I will choose to channel positive energy.)
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Background: Vesper wasn't one to drink much, but today was a special day. New recruits were coming from all over, wanting to join there cause. She had to admit that right now today was one of her happier days. She leaned back in her chair and put her feet on the table to balance there. She could hear Marko telling old stories to some of the new recruits, getting them riled up, most of them too drunk to remember any of what he was telling them. But again, still a good day.

A few of the newcomers had made their way to her table. "So. How long have you been followin' him?" one of the men asked. She removed her legs from the table and let the chair fall back into place on the floor. "And why do you follow him?" he added to his previous question.

"Well, if you must know, he saved my life. I was just turning 5 on the day it happened" She started to think of that day again. Her 5th birthday. She was 18 now. In fact, today was her birthday. It was one of the reasons she felt like drinking. To try and forget that day.

There was a time when the Elves had a thirst for more power. More knowledge. They would do anything to learn more magic. If someone had created a new spell, they went out of their way to go get it from them. As a whole, the elves are no longer this way, though a few are left who will do whatever they can to become more powerful. Her father and mother were great wizards at the time. The family was constantly moving, trying to hide their work from the elves.

Her parents were working on a new spell that could remove any stain from any fabric. Ok so they weren't "great" wizards. But they were doing whatever they could to help people in their daily lives. The elves heard of this spell and decided they wanted it. They wanted to sell it as their own. So they raided the town Vesper and her family lived in. Several houses were burning spells being fired all in an attempt to find her parents. Vesper had just blown out the candles on her cake.

BOOM! The door of their home burst open her mother scooped her up and tried to run away. But she was shot down. Blood stained Vesper's clothes as her mother fell to the floor. She watched in horror as an Elf on a horse lifted her father by his face. "Tell my about your work or she goes next!" he yelled in the elvish tongue. Her father kept struggling, refusing to tell the elf the spell. The elf cast his own spell, and pulled the knowledge out of her father who was then dropped on the floor and murdered in front of her. His blood now stained her clothes.

The leader of this group turned to her and pointed at her clothes and used his new spell to clean up his work. He laughed in victory of his new product. He ordered his men to kill Vesper. As they drew their arrows she closed her eyes and began to cry. A shield made of psionic energy blocked the arrows headed for her. Confused as to why she wasn't dead yet, she opened her eyes to see a man standing behind the two elves ordered to kill her. His eyes glowing, obviously the source of the shield. He then blasted one of the elves with more psionic energy and stabbed the other one dropping them to the floor. He picked Vesper up and took her out of the town that was now burning down. Her home was gone, she was going to need a new one.

"That was the day I decided to follow him." Vesper didn't even realize that she had told that story out loud. It was probably the alcohol making her do such a thing.

"So all of his stories, are they true?" One of the men had asked. They had stopped drinking and were hanging on to every word.

"All of them." She wasn't even sure which ones he was telling them. For all she knew, they could have been lies. Marko knew she hated it when he lied but he did it anyway. He had his honor though. Even though he sometimes added an extra dragon to an adventure or talked of a lich that never existed. But on this day, he wouldn't lie. Not even to pull in a few extra recruits. He didn't want to see Vesper hurt on her birthday ever again. Marko was a man who cared. That's why this rebellion was formed. He didn't want to see people suffering, and if he could stop it, even the suffering of just one little girl, he would.
Character Sheet: Making mine. Tuesday it will be here at the latest. I have been working for the past few nights

Last edited:

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
I meant in comparison to each other, but that's helpful in other ways. Thanks LD... Didn't actually know that. Looking forward to our backstory.

Libk

Yeah. Gonna find a way to introduce marko into it. Considering the age you gave me in the PM, it knocks out some options, still workable.

DarkLink7

I make my own fate!
I can do a pathfinder sheet. I have dice. They're purple and black and a gift from bff Mis(<3). So I can do sheet.

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
Yeaaah, I'll need some help. Honestly, if you just give me a more detailed list of what you want I can fill it out. I just don't know what exactly you want from me.

Libk

Stats are really easy to do. You roll 4d6 and drop the lowest die(if tie for lowest, only one is dropped), then add the remaining three together and wrote them down. Do that 5 more times and then you'll have a set of 6 numbers ranging between 3-18. You plug those numbers into STR, DEX, CON, WIS, INT, and CHA depending on what you class/character needs. If you're playing a fighter type, strength and con are important stats as strength makes it a bit easier to hit and deals more damage, con gives you more hit points to soak up on the front line. Wizards are gonna want intelligence, rogues are a dexterity based class, it just depends on the class.

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
...OK, still hecka confused. What's a 4d6, what do all those abbreviations mean, etc. I'm seriously new to this.

But HOLY crud that was way more than a bit of a backstory.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom