• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Dungeons and Dragons Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
General thoughts on my Gummy reread:
She actually looks really good based on Day 1. She admitted a few times to not wanting to lynch certain people (Mido, FG) strictly due to their personality, and didn't try to come up with some BS game reason. She's playing looser than I'd expect scum to go. She also talked about lynching inactives, but rather than make a clean sweep of "kill them because they're inactive" like Moe did, she took them on a case-by-base basis. She defended both Zinn and Z18, and mentioned how, despite his post count, Doc was still contributing. So, despite voting for an inactive in the end, her reasons for those votes seem to fit well.
Most importantly though is her past-deadline vote.
been a while since i've seen masons, weirdass time to claim tho

unvote
vote: tristan

funnier made me do work for nothing, clearly scum (this was sarcasm)
She chose to return to a Tristan vote. Even if the vote didn't do anything, she could've easily gone for Z or Mido and (in her eyes at the time) broken the tie and caused a lynch, or even just joined a wagon that already had players on it in hopes that it would be enough. Instead, she got back on Tristan, a vote that would do absolutely nothing even if it counted. If nothing else, that feels extremely townish to me.
So I'm giving Little Scumball the green on my next list.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
Just finished skimming the thread.

Why aren't other people voting for Funnier/TSF right now? 0% chance town funnier lets that kind of no lynch garbage happen at the end of day 1 unless it benefits him.

Finally I have a game where I actually want to lynch Funnier, and he's gone before I can even try... Would it be in poor taste to do a detailed ISO of a player who subbed out of the game, giving him no chance to defend himself?

DekuNut

I play my drum for you

Why aren't other people voting for Funnier/TSF right now? 0% chance town funnier lets that kind of no lynch garbage happen at the end of day 1 unless it benefits him.

Finally I have a game where I actually want to lynch Funnier, and he's gone before I can even try... Would it be in poor taste to do a detailed ISO of a player who subbed out of the game, giving him no chance to defend himself?
I don't think so. I plan to do it for Mido's slot.
Even if the new owner of the slot can't defend himself from it, funnier's play still shows hints at their alignment.

sup I'm alive
getting back from the airport last night was true hell

I'm gonna get lunch (just woke up) and then I'll be fully caught up

I read up to page 7 and my reads at that point were that Moe and funny seemed town and that LG seemed wolfy

sunfan with the correct soul reads

and @Moe the Moblin i totally agree with you about ryu. his play this game has been safe, and the only person he picked on was zinn, which is hella easy to do.

but he hasn't posted since saturday

Ryuken

Ace Adventurer/Truth Seeker
Gosh dang, I have a lot of catching up to do.
Yeah, it's been a hot minute. The past couple of days have been EXTREMELY busy with me spending time with family on Memorial Day and a lot of things happening at work and at home today. I apologize since I'm usually not kept away from the game for this long.
I'm gonna take time in the next hour or two to read through the thread a bit and reply to posts. Then I'll make another post with my reads. I'll respond to questions right away if you have any during this time I'm taking to catch up.

Ryuken

Ace Adventurer/Truth Seeker
I'm a bit generous with my town reads but this is basically a tier list from strongest to weakest reads
taking minish and deku at their word makes the game easier, for one thing
but my town lean pile is probably inaccurate just because being perfect is hard
This post is weird considering the lack of scum reads in it, with the other three players being seemingly null. I kinda get it coming from his playstyle, but it still stuck out to me.

still going on about zinn. voices concerns about moe's play but then... town reads him? he wonders why i'm so sure about town reading moe, which is fair. overall, kinda a scummy post, with nai parts sprinkled in
Could you elaborate on this and...

still on zinn... nai/slightly wolfy. where are other reads ._______________.
...this post? What is it you find scummy in my posts you mentioned?

As far as I can tell ryu doesn't have any legit alignment reads and basically every single one of his posts dips into hypothetical play and what ifs- he isn't actually commenting on this game, he's just commenting on the game if you get what I mean.
It's not hard for wolves to make posts like that.
I did explain that's usually how I play, though. I don't come out with reads list or wagon analysis until the following days.

I'm not totally sure about funnier being 0% chance town, but this does raise a good point. Why has today and D1 felt so weirdly low in activity?

Masons being confirmed and the low amount of activity from D2 aside from the top 5 posters (minus funnier cause being replaced) is giving me some weird feelings. Especially considering there was VERY little pushing for any wagon on D1, and even now, there hasn't been a strong wagon forming. Really not a whole lot of information to be gleamed from a wagon analysis (which the Mafia probably planned for), though I'm getting the feeling that one of the scum is being a bit inactive during the day.

Vote: ZinnLav

I've been pretty unsatisfied with the posts they've been making so far. Not a whole lot of insight or interactions with other players. Now they did say that they played similarly to me D1, but the way they worded their response irked me. (Yes, this is a hyperlink to a post because hyperlinks no longer are highlighted automatically to fit the forum theme for whatever reason. Might go complain and whine about this in the feedback thread). I've also noticed now that they never elaborated on their vote on FG, which was an action I found weird considering what they've said about their playstyle so far.

I'll get to my other reads tomorrow because I realize I need sleep, but this is my strongest suspicion.

Okay
Vote: ryuken
Why vote for me now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom