• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Dungeons and Dragons Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.
i hope the zinn votes are pressure votes. if so, nice, but publicly stating that you're withholding info and that it aligns with your meta is nai

someone asked why i think mikey is town

he's actively trying to stir up discussion and quickly jumped into solving the game. that's the mikey who was in champs. on ffr he's more gimmicky, which i personally find hilarious, but maybe that's just an ffr thing

Ryuken

Ace Adventurer/Truth Seeker
Oh @Ryuken that's a typo I meant it's not a hard post for a wolf to make
I'm essentially town reading it while acknowledging and ignoring the fact that a wolf could easily make a post like that
I'm not confused by the typo. I was just confused by how you were seemingly reading me as both Town and Scum at the same time. I've gotten a slightly better understanding of your playstyle now that you've elaborated slightly more, but I still find your read on me a bit weird.

someone asked why i think mikey is town

he's actively trying to stir up discussion and quickly jumped into solving the game. that's the mikey who was in champs. on ffr he's more gimmicky, which i personally find hilarious, but maybe that's just an ffr thing
I see. I'm used to seeing this sort of thing in a much more faster paced setting like IRC/Discord Mafia.

Ryuken

Ace Adventurer/Truth Seeker
@DM
Roll for insight?
Oh man, now I really wish I had thought to add some weird super vague hints or something. And like a failed roll was just misinformation.

That would totally ruin a mafia game though I guess :sweat:

phoenix-sweating(a).gif

I was staring at this for like 10 seconds and completely forgot about the theme of the game. This is your friendly reminder that sarcasm is hard on the internet. Especially when you miss the context that's staring you in the face every time you open this thread.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
I'm on record saying deku has always been hard for me to read
Mido said something similar
this isn't the definition of mindmelding but it feels close and makes me want to town read him
that's all you get for now figure the rest out yourself
You see, this cryptic **** is why you get a large portion of my RVS votes.
It doesn't help the town. If you die and flip town, your reads weren't explained well so we can't go off of them. If you continue forward in the game with just these cryptic reads, you're going to have a hard time convincing other people, and are only going to mildly annoy us (well, me, but probably other people too) because you refuse to explain yourself. Hell, not really explaining your reads could give you room to just BS reads, and because of how rarely you explain them you can phone one in and nobody would know. It's damaging to the town.

Also, worth mentioning, your playstyle and Midos are... not alike. Whatsoever. Therefore, even if his thoughts align with your own personal thoughts, that doesn't necessarily mean you're the same alignment. The way he's playing this game could make having those same thoughts as you help his scumgame. It really depends on how he plays, which isn't something that you can know as of now.

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
I never consider myself as being unclear
If people want to know more they can investigate and interact with me
I really shouldn't need to say more than "mido thinks the same as me and I think that's towny", for real

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
"thats all you get for now figure the rest out yourself"
Your exact words.
That implies there's more going on you explicitly aren't telling us and aren't going to tell us.

funnier6

Courage~
I quoted some things.
On DekuNut himself, while I find his more bold approach neat, I don't having a ruling on how townie it leans as of yet as I've seen him play like this as scum before and more reserved as town (and I've mislynched him before on the latter grounds too). At the very least I think his questions directed at Moe have the strongest leanings of potential good in them.
I don't really see what you're trying to say here since. you're saying you don't know if you're town reading how Deku's playing but you think his questions have "the strongest leanings of potential good"? What exactly is that supposed to mean?
Heh, we've come a long way since the ol' days of misinterpreting sarcasm, haven't we?
Are you being sarcastic? o-o'
also like this post by ryu even though it's not necessarily a hard part for a wolf to make
I cant remember why I quoted this so I'm gonna assume I wanted to know what exactly you liked about it and I know you like using those dumb mafia laws but you don't have the slightest idea what posts are hard for Ryu to make as mafia so idk why you're even thinking about it.
Pretty much, I don't have much to say at this point. Pretty much I do what you do, rely on night information and build reads from that.
Again, LAME. At the very least you have to admit that wagons are good for reads, why not do something with that?
That feels like someone trying to form a wagon, I don't like it. I've said it many times, I don't do much on D1.
Is it cause it's on you? In which case you should be suspicious of me cause I was the first to try to start a wagon on you.

That may be true but you can change! I believe in you! :anger3d: And I will literally keep bothering you in every game we play together for all time until you do.
Zelda18 this was an awkward entrance
Disagree.
You know what's extremely wolfy? Not answering the question presented to you, and instead using the context of the question to turn suspicion onto the one who's questioning you.
What is this in reference to? As far as I can tell it has nothing to do with the post you quoted.
You really seem to be creating your own narrative thus far, ignoring things that aren't fitting how you want the rest of the town to see you and others. You've ignored my question twice, misquoted Mido, and if it weren't 2am I could probably go back and find more instances of this. Either get to reading the game closer... or, if this is intentional, just... stop.
Moe literally always does those things so not really sure where the surprise is coming from. Though the ignoring my questions is annoying.
I think he's making some effort to push discussion and get others to agree with his reads or something. I'm not the best at reading others myself.
Where do you think he's been trying to get people to agree with his reads?
On that note, however, this is also why I'm hesitant to vote Moe, probably for a while. He played like this in the Hydra game on Bulba, and I haven't seen how he plays as scum.
Unfortunately none of us, except maybe fg, have seen Moe as scum. @Funnygurl555 if you have and would like to meta us in that would be awesome. <3
You are definitely more funnier than funnier himself, that's for sure. :)
I think I'm starting to pick up on when you're being sarcastic! :)
why does she have to read up on the rules if she's played before and just came back from irl mafia? she's trying to give off the appearance of innocent noob when she's not. and downplaying how good you are at the game can only benefit you if you're a wolf
Irl mafia and virtual mafia are extremely different. I don't think catching up on mechanics and such in the beginner thread is particularly scummy especially since that would require me to think that she planned that entire "I'm just a noob" thing ahead of time and since I know she hasn't played forum mafia (at least here) in years I just don't see that. I guess you could say it was her scum buds idea but I really don't think going into this much thought over someones first post is particularly productive.
i hope the zinn votes are pressure votes. if so, nice, but publicly stating that you're withholding info and that it aligns with your meta is nai
Mine is but I always end up scum reading him anyway so I wouldn't be surprised if it stayed there. Also I don't understand the second part or who its addressed to?
If you die and flip town, your reads weren't explained well so we can't go off of them
Since when has anyone gone off a dead persons reads ever. If you didn't like my reads when I'm alive they're not gonna be anymore or less accurate if I'm dead. Though if I was mafia that'd be a much different story since mafia read lists are always fun to dig through.
I never consider myself as being unclear
I and most people always consider you unclear.
If people want to know more they can investigate and interact with me
I asked you question, you did not answer. Other people asked you question, you did not answer. Interacting is a two-way street.
I really shouldn't need to say more than "mido thinks the same as me and I think that's towny", for real
Well thats too bad cause I cant understand you're thought process on why you think thats towny let alone why you think Mido thinks the same as you.

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
Unfortunately none of us, except maybe fg, have seen Moe as scum. @Funnygurl555 if you have and would like to meta us in that would be awesome. <3
she's probably a wolf
I asked you question, you did not answer. Other people asked you question, you did not answer. Interacting is a two-way street.
ask me question again

moe c'mon this time we're gonna do it

we're both gonna townread each other and solve the game

From what I gather, he's calmer as scum. And he's doesn't go hard in the paint. But my best game of reference is TPB and another game we played way back (moe it was the game i linked in vig10er).

Irl mafia and virtual mafia are extremely different. I don't think catching up on mechanics and such in the beginner thread is particularly scummy especially since that would require me to think that she planned that entire "I'm just a noob" thing ahead of time and since I know she hasn't played forum mafia (at least here) in years I just don't see that. I guess you could say it was her scum buds idea but I really don't think going into this much thought over someones first post is particularly productive.

Entrances can say a lot, and I think it's telling that she said that she needs to reread the beginner's thread publicly. It's one thing to just do it, and it's another thing to say that you're doing it.

Mine is but I always end up scum reading him anyway so I wouldn't be surprised if it stayed there. Also I don't understand the second part or who its addressed to?

What do you mean? If it helps, I think Zinn not contributing is NAI. Nice to know it's a pressure vote though

Deku and Moe not w/w

i wrote in caps. idk why

Mido

Version 1
DekuNut these posts are quite spicy. Looking more townie I say, although I'm a tad curious that you might be laying all your love on Moe, so to speak.

Also, worth mentioning, your playstyle and Midos are... not alike.

Now I'm left wondering how you would assess my playstyle? :sweat:

I don't really see what you're trying to say here since. you're saying you don't know if you're town reading how Deku's playing but you think his questions have "the strongest leanings of potential good"? What exactly is that supposed to mean?

What I meant by "the strongest leanings of potential good" was that while I was (and still am somewhat) walking down indecisive boulevard on the front of our DekuNut friend; metaphorical bullet to the head, I would choose to throw him into the town profile based on the nature of his inquisition being rather aggressive. Hope that clears things up!

On another front, Ryuken's looking a touch better in my eyes. Wasn't keen over this post, but I think his post after it was stronger:

I don't think anyone is really being forced to contribute in order to comply with the 3 post minimum thing. You're not being forced to post walls of text or reply to every post you see or to post a reads list. Just being a little bit transparent can get someone to be like "wait a minute" and bring something up or share something to get a discussion going. If you're thinking "Oh crap, how can I post/contribute to this point so I don't look scummy or get modkilled," there's a small chance you might be Mafia. :)

This comes off as a roundabout way of addressing the small situation with leetic and Zinnlav without specifically addressing the fellows themselves, thereby not risking the potential dirtying of his hands. If one wants to make some stew, some hands have to be thrown.

3ibx.gif

That's one of my rules that I totally didn't pull out of my behind.

Ooooookay... Why do you say "it's not necessarily a hard part for a wolf to make?" What are you implying here?

A sort of pet peeve of mine here. It's nice to know that you have the same thoughts I do, but these kinds of responses make it sound like you're being "fed information." In other words, contributing your thoughts without actually contributing your own thoughts. If that makes any sense.

Case in point:

phoenix-document(a).gif

Moe is the the kind of person who likes to poke holes in a piece of paper and patch up some of the holes with another person's piece of paper. Yeah, I've never been good with metaphors, but basically, he doesn't elaborate much, meaning most of the time, one would have to guess what they're trying to say. Big no-no for me, especially with "not necessarily a hard part for wolf" post and the "like how good it looks on Minish" post. Don't make us fill in the blanks, and don't just use Mido's words as your own. What are some places where you don't quite mindmeld, for instance?

On that note, however, this is also why I'm hesitant to vote Moe, probably for a while. He played like this in the Hydra game on Bulba, and I haven't seen how he plays as scum.

You are definitely more funnier than funnier himself, that's for sure. :)

Why so sure, though?

This post I like a lot better. Solid questions thrown at Moe, and I also like that he threw an objection in ZinnLav's direction in relation to the latter's quoting of the former. I do not see scum bringing attention to a potential link like that (based on my view of the first post of Ryuken's that comes off as somewhat of a soft defense of Zinn). Overall, I'm feeling all right about Ryuken. As far as Zinn goes, I think I'm liking him as well if only because I largely agree with his take on Moe right now even if it seemingly is developing as somewhat of a consensus take barring a couple exceptions among the crowd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom