• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Dungeons and Dragons Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, sorry I haven't been posting, I forgot I was in a mafia game, because I'm not on here 24/7.
Man, it's been a long time since I've been in a mafia game like this (Well I mean, I just got home from playing mafia in-person with others, but I meant, like, virtual mafia.)

I don't really have an opinion on anybody/or thing yet. Since it's been forever since I've played, I'ma go read the rules and beginner's guide to mafia before I say anything else. Happy evening folks! (Do I have to vote on the first night?)

Zelda18 this was an awkward entrance

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer

Fair. Lol

Not really, everyone except Moe is still in the joking phase, makes me think Moe is Town, scum would leave things in the joking phase I feel.
This min 3 posts per day is annoying, there isn't really much going on.

Moe never really likes the rvs stage so I wouldn't say that makes him look town. Moreso, what are your thoughts on what he's actually said?

As long as you respond to people's questions/replies towards you and give some of your thoughts (which you've been doing pretty good with so far) I don't think you'll have much issue reaching the post requirement.

And as to maybe build any reads/give thoughts - you said you think Moe is town for not being in the joking stage. That's fair, given that serious discussion is helpful. However like funnier said a few people have dropped the rvs as well. So to further expand your read on Moe, does anything he's said make you think he's still town or is it giving you second thoughts? He's given a few quick reads, so do you think those have genuine reasoning behind them?

Actually
still kinda wolfy
joking "too hard" as it were

Hypothetical, but since you originally thought it was a serious vote what would your read of it have been in that case?

I don't really have an opinion on anybody/or thing yet. Since it's been forever since I've played, I'ma go read the rules and beginner's guide to mafia before I say anything else. Happy evening folks! (Do I have to vote on the first night?)

Didn't see anyone answer you, so no you don't have to vote on the first day. You never have to vote, but it's helpful if you do try to place a vote so that we get a sense of your thoughts/feelings. Especially if you end up dying and can't explain them after.

Zelda18 this was an awkward entrance

What about it do you think was awkward?

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Actually
still kinda wolfy
joking "too hard" as it were
You know what's extremely wolfy? Not answering the question presented to you, and instead using the context of the question to turn suspicion onto the one who's questioning you.

Mild town points to mido for feeling the same way about deku as me
not quite mindmelding but p close
also like this post by ryu even though it's not necessarily a hard part for a wolf to make
Also, you really only read half of Mido's post didn't you? Yes, as established by multiple people, I'm trying to level up my play a little this game. But where every thought you mention about me points to me being scum, Mido's post clearly said it could go either way (since he said he'd mislynched me for this in the past as well).

You really seem to be creating your own narrative thus far, ignoring things that aren't fitting how you want the rest of the town to see you and others. You've ignored my question twice, misquoted Mido, and if it weren't 2am I could probably go back and find more instances of this. Either get to reading the game closer... or, if this is intentional, just... stop.

Whaddya know? I already have an RVS vote on you.
Think I'll keep it there for now.

Pen

The game is on!
Vote: Zelda18

The rules may have been a bit unclear about this, but for future reference please unvote before voting for someone new. ;)

Day 1 Current Vote Tally:
Ryuken - 1 (Mido)
LittleGumball - 1 (Tristan)
Tristan - 1 (LittleGumball)
Moe the Moblin - 1 (DekuNut)
DekuNut - 1 (Doc)
ZinnLav - 2 (funnier6, leetic)
Zelda18 - 2 (Morbid Minish, Funnygurl555)

Not voting: Zelda18, Moe the Moblin, ZinnLav, Ryuken, Link 182

With 14 players alive it takes 8 for a majority lynch. Otherwise the day ends on Sunday, May 26th 2019 at 6:00 PM EDT. Countdown: https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20190526T18&p0=4243&msg=Day+1+End&font=slab

ZinnLav

Zinnie-chan
Moe never really likes the rvs stage so I wouldn't say that makes him look town. Moreso, what are your thoughts on what he's actually said?

As long as you respond to people's questions/replies towards you and give some of your thoughts (which you've been doing pretty good with so far) I don't think you'll have much issue reaching the post requirement.

And as to maybe build any reads/give thoughts - you said you think Moe is town for not being in the joking stage. That's fair, given that serious discussion is helpful. However like funnier said a few people have dropped the rvs as well. So to further expand your read on Moe, does anything he's said make you think he's still town or is it giving you second thoughts? He's given a few quick reads, so do you think those have genuine reasoning behind them?
I think he's making some effort to push discussion and get others to agree with his reads or something. I'm not the best at reading others myself.
Anyone who encourages serious discussion when joking is still going on will no doubt get townie points. I haven't given much thought as to what Moe has actually said though, I'm not familiar enough with his play-style.

Ryuken

Ace Adventurer/Truth Seeker
also like this post by ryu even though it's not necessarily a hard part for a wolf to make
Ooooookay... Why do you say "it's not necessarily a hard part for a wolf to make?" What are you implying here?

Pretty much, I don't have much to say at this point. Pretty much I do what you do, rely on night information and build reads from that.
A sort of pet peeve of mine here. It's nice to know that you have the same thoughts I do, but these kinds of responses make it sound like you're being "fed information." In other words, contributing your thoughts without actually contributing your own thoughts. If that makes any sense.

Case in point:

I've never been a fan of the "everything is NAI" culture from zd but I like how it looks on minish atm
Also how on earth does it look good on Minish?
THIS IS MY LAID BACK VOICE
Mild town points to mido for feeling the same way about deku as me
not quite mindmelding but p close
phoenix-document(a).gif

Moe is the the kind of person who likes to poke holes in a piece of paper and patch up some of the holes with another person's piece of paper. Yeah, I've never been good with metaphors, but basically, he doesn't elaborate much, meaning most of the time, one would have to guess what they're trying to say. Big no-no for me, especially with "not necessarily a hard part for wolf" post and the "like how good it looks on Minish" post. Don't make us fill in the blanks, and don't just use Mido's words as your own. What are some places where you don't quite mindmeld, for instance?

On that note, however, this is also why I'm hesitant to vote Moe, probably for a while. He played like this in the Hydra game on Bulba, and I haven't seen how he plays as scum.

ah now this is the town mikey/moe/??? i know and love

'least we got another game together man
You are definitely more funnier than funnier himself, that's for sure. :)

Why so sure, though?

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
OP: Tags me
Notifications:
funnier6:

Notifications: [1]
phoenix-sweating(a).gif

Way to be prompt, Notifications. Also, if anyone was curious, I was going to RVS vote funnier6 for "coercing" me to join Mafia games again. Sigh....

Anyway, I haven't seen much from today, so I don't have any strong opinions or reads just yet. Just be mindful of the sarcasm in the RVS voting phase posts, @Moe the Moblin . If funnier used "thateth sort ofeth wordingeth" on Day 2, he would be instantly suspicious.
Oh my god, I forgot the majesty that are your Phoenix Wright gifs. I'm excited.

On to the discussion at hand, I don't agree with Moe's suspicions in the slightest, but at this point, understand why he has them. Moe has a specific playstyle where I think he views everything from a scum suspicion. I don't think there's anything inherently scummy with his suspicions and his reasoning. We have seen this when he was town. I er saying this makes him town leaning because I don't think I've ever seen scum Moe.
Vote: Zelda18
Is this a pressure vote or a deadass vote? I don't completely understand the reasoning.

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
I'm on record saying deku has always been hard for me to read
Mido said something similar
this isn't the definition of mindmelding but it feels close and makes me want to town read him
that's all you get for now figure the rest out yourself

Is this a pressure vote or a deadass vote? I don't completely understand the reasoning.

why does she have to read up on the rules if she's played before and just came back from irl mafia? she's trying to give off the appearance of innocent noob when she's not. and downplaying how good you are at the game can only benefit you if you're a wolf

and the post was written well, so she thought about it. this is a real vote

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom