• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Dungeon Themes You Would Like To See In The Next Zelda Game

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
Hmmm I'd like to see maybe an electric themed dungeon or n underground theme dungeon. Or i'd like to see a royalty themed dungeon. The only one that really came close enough to this was Hyrule Castle in TP

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
Ooh, I like that "mechanical" concept. I think it could be pretty awesome to have a dungeon that upped a steampunk feel to eleven... A future Temple of Time concept, in fact, would be perfect for this. I've played (most of) a sony RPG - Wild ARMs 3... It has lots and lots of dungeons (like, one-hundred small dungeons scattered over an entire planet). It's a very long game and I haven't played it in months as I got stuck on one portion... still... there is this dungeon in it called Infinitum, which is a shrine to the Guardian of Time in their world. There are parts of it that work like I think a Zelda Temple of Time *should* have. Timing-based puzzles, spinning cogs...

Nice idea. An OoT future was seen in the mechanical elements present in TP, but not to the same scale you propose here.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Well I personally would like to see a quarry area where they are mining for crystals. There could be a mine dungeon at the base of the quarry, not like the Lanayru facility, something more traditional but it would have been abandoned due to an evil entity they accidentally awoke down there. And links job could be to sort it out. All dungeons in Zelda seem to be about link finding an important artefact that he was searching for. The point of this one could be to make a name for himself and actually helping some people out.

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
I have to break the mould here and say I wouldn't want another dungeon like the Lanayru Mining Facility. I just didn't enjoy that dungeon much.
I like the idea of combining themes- maybe have paradoxical dungeons.
I still have nightmares about the bottom of the well/ shadow temple. I don't know if it's good because the image stuck or bad because it's not nice to have nightmares... maybe a horror dungeon but without needing stuff like the eye of truth.. like no invisible holes in the floor or hidden walls or something, but more psychological, like Link has to battle phantoms of his friends.

Pen

The game is on!
I would very much like to see a water based dungeon in a n upcoming Zelda title similar to the Water Temple (OoT) or the Great Bay Temple (MM). I like both of those dungeons a lot, but the later Zelda games haven't had any water dungeons as grand as those specific two in my opinion. The last time we saw something that was at least something like them was the Lakebed Temple (TP), but that one did still not have quite the same feeling.

I don't know exactly what it is with those two water dungeons that makes me like them so much. It could be the atmosphere, but that might be difficult to recreate for an upcoming title, I don't know. Oh, and I'd like the boss to be somewhat similar to Morpheel (TP), but a lot harder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom