• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Dungeon Teleportation Like Oocoo

i dont think anyones posted this but if they have dont freak out. so do you want the use of dungeon teleportation.i personaly wouldnt like it if the dungeons were easy but if they were hard then yes i would love it!!!:)that way i dont feel like i haved to beat the dungeon right away and so i dont have to restart.

disturbed42

I will win....eventually!
I really want this game to be super difficult, so when I finally beat it (without using a guide or anything), I can feel extremely accomplished. So I'm hoping for really challenging dungeons.
OoT had Farore's Wind (some magic spell) and TP had Ooccoo (a freaky woman-bird thing), so I don't see why Nintendo won't allow you to have dungeon transportation in SS. Because sometimes (especially in OoT) I'd run out of "ammo" in the middle of a dungeon (most of the time it was arrows), and I enjoyed be able to leave, get what I need, and then come back without having to go through the dungeon all over again. I completely agree with what you're saying here; it makes total sense.

Vynn Sarr

Sith Lord
Yeah they should, I never used Oocoo because the dungeon was hard, but I did use it once when I had to get off the game and do something in real life, without having to start the whole dungeon over again.

Sarianae

Infinite Dreamer
I would expect some form of it, seeing as it's been such a staple in particular to 3D Zelda.

OoT - Farore's Wind
MM - Song of Soaring
WW - The Warp Pots
TP - Ooccoo

They'll probably find some new variant of it to use, as I don't see them stopping the trend in SS.
It will probably be with the Skyward Sword itself actually, which will be able to warp you out or something.

Last edited:

Djinn

and Tonic
Warping in dungeons goes back to the magic mirror in ALTTP, ever since there has been some means to travel back to an earlier point or the beginning of the dungeons. However I have never used them because of any challenge, normally for getting back to the beginning so I can turn the console off. But I have no doubt this mechanic will be in SS as well since it has been in each game in some form.

Even though items and various songs are the most common method, I would like to see spells like Farore's Wind again as the main method to warp back to the entrance of a dungeon. I have always liked magic in the series and have wanted to see it return. Also since warping in dungeons has few other uses it may as well be a learned skill and not take up precious item space. Especially since I never used Ooccoo in any of the dungeons of TP, while the magic mirror and the ocarina in OoT had plenty of other uses. Ooccoo just served to take up space.

Sarianae

Infinite Dreamer
Warping in dungeons goes back to the magic mirror in ALTTP, ever since there has been some means to travel back to an earlier point or the beginning of the dungeons. However I have never used them because of any challenge, normally for getting back to the beginning so I can turn the console off. But I have no doubt this mechanic will be in SS as well since it has been in each game in some form.

Even though items and various songs are the most common method, I would like to see spells like Farore's Wind again as the main method to warp back to the entrance of a dungeon. I have always liked magic in the series and have wanted to see it return. Also since warping in dungeons has few other uses it may as well be a learned skill and not take up precious item space. Especially since I never used Ooccoo in any of the dungeons of TP, while the magic mirror and the ocarina in OoT had plenty of other uses. Ooccoo just served to take up space.

You're right, ALttP had it earlier. To clarify though, I meant that I felt it was a more established staple in the 3D Zelda titles.

Other than that, I actually quite agree with you in your preference of Farore's wind over Ooccoo. Aside from the magic aspect though, Farore's wind had a flexibility that I felt Ooccoo did not retain. While I think few people actually used Ooccoo, it doesn't change the fact that use of Ooccoo was limited to the times he was present. You must find him first (despite the fact that he was easy to locate) and once he left, he was no longer available for use. Now granted, he left when you beat the dungeon, so that wouldn't seem like an obvious issue, but compare the ease of use characteristic to Farore's Wind, which held no such restrictions; I prefer that freedom.

To give an example of how the restrictions on Ooccoo could possibly be detrimental, there was a time when I was finishing a file in TP that was near completion, and I'd gone back to the Goron Mines to check out a couple of chests I had missed. Well, something I had never before noticed was that the Goron Mines had been designed in a way so that it was actually impossible for you to turn around to leave after you had passed a certain point in the dungeon. In other words, if at some point and for some reason you did want to leave, you HAD to have some sort of method of warping out. When I noticed I was unable to leave, I pulled open my item screen thinking I had actually found a time that Ooccoo could be put to good use...only to realize he was no longer there.

Granted, it was possible for me to leave by making my way back to the end of the dungeon to warp out, or I could reset the game, but there is a serious lack of convenience with having to do this. I would have appreciated something that could warp me out as freely as something similar to Farore's Wind.

Last edited:

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
If the dungeons were actually hard, or there finally is some option of a difficulty setting, then yeah. Other than that, I wouldn't want to use teleportation in a dungeon. However, it does have one use that might make it worth it. If you absolutely had to turn off your system fast in TP, and you were in the middle of a dungeon, you could use Ooccoo, then save and quit. When you started back up, you could go to that spot in the dungeon right away. Not that it was too much of an issue though, as the dungeons were easy enough it didn't take long to get back to where you were.

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
I would actually prefer the method used in Ocarina of Time with Farore's Wind. That one allowed for more free reign on where to go in the dungeon and could also serve as an exit tool. I was disappointed when something similar never showed up for any of the newer titles. Oocoo seemed like a major downgrade to me, by serving as only a means to get to the main entrance. What if I wanted to get to a particular part of the dungeon that happens to be far away? What about if I want to come back to a certain room because I don't know what to do in it at the moment. Farore's Wind was good like that. It could definitely serve better in future titles that try to take advantage of such a system to integrate in puzzles and the like to give an extra flare to these dungeons, but I digress.

Either way, I'd like something more along the lines of Farore's Wind than Oocoo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom